Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402809 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2009, 07:32:22 AM »
the Cotch looked out of sorts v the dogs  too indecisive and hesitant plays his best when he plays with instinct and flair some times it seems the pack drag him back to their unskilled level
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2009, 03:22:08 PM »
the Cotch looked out of sorts v the dogs  too indecisive and hesitant plays his best when he plays with instinct and flair some times it seems the pack drag him back to their unskilled level

cotch is lacking match fitness...I'd suggest he would be no more than 2/3 fit given he missed bulk of pre season...he will continue to build on what he's showed so far...I agree he is not putting it all together,,however to gather 20 possies in 2nd and third gear is a good start :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: June 09, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
cotch is lacking match fitness...I'd suggest he would be no more than 2/3 fit given he missed bulk of pre season...he will continue to build on what he's showed so far...I agree he is not putting it all together,,however to gather 20 possies in 2nd and third gear is a good start :thumbsup

Yep agree there, he is just a bit rusty.  IMO he has show some really good signs on why he will be a class above the rest.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: August 05, 2009, 11:39:22 PM »
From the Age...
Jesse Hogan | August 6, 2009

RICHMOND’S biggest gun, Matthew Richardson, will be watching from the sidelines for the rest of the year — and its youngest gun, Trent Cotchin, is about to join him.

Cotchin will miss the tail-end of the season with a hip injury. While the Tigers are yet to confirm the injury, it is believed the highly rated 19-year-old will have surgery within a week to correct the problem. The operation will complete a frustrating second season for the No. 2 draft pick of 2007, who missed the first seven rounds of 2009 with an Achilles injury.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews/richo-cotchin-gone-polak-may-return/2009/08/05/1249350592707.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2009, 12:28:03 AM »
Correct decision.   :clapping :clapping

If they need surgery, get them in ASAP so they're ready for pre-season training.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2009, 08:11:17 AM »
That was a rumour posted on PRE last week
The question I have is, why the hell did he play against Melbourne if he's carrying a hip injury?
Are we sure it's not Collins who is out with a hip injury?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2009, 08:30:52 AM »
Another rumour doing the rounds is that it's OP, not a hip.

Tigermonk

« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2009, 08:42:58 AM »
That was a rumour posted on PRE last week
The question I have is, why the hell did he play against Melbourne if he's carrying a hip injury?
Are we sure it's not Collins who is out with a hip injury?

Cause Richmond have no idea how to treat players or manage their injuries so they break them till they are damaged for life

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2009, 11:34:52 AM »
I'm sure it was a minor injury that was being managed but may have flared last week. If he had OP I would be astounded that the club allowed him even close to the ground. These worst-case scenario 'rumours' are just plain scaremongering.

The club should rest and repair any player that has any sort of injury now. We are only playing for pride and to build that elusive 'winning culture'...like at the end of last year.  :o

Hope Cotch can actually work his way through a full preseason this year. The last two years have been extremely frustrating for all.

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #279 on: August 06, 2009, 12:40:06 PM »
I'm sure it was a minor injury that was being managed but may have flared last week. If he had OP I would be astounded that the club allowed him even close to the ground. These worst-case scenario 'rumours' are just plain scaremongering.

It doesn't have to be scare-mongering and it doesn't mean it's wrong.  A GP who posts on tiger-talk responded to the rumour with this:

"I've just looked up my sports medicine book (excellent reference by Brukner and Khan) . They dislike the term OP which they claim is misleading, and use "longstanding groin pain". There are multiple causes of this, one being strain of the muscles. It can also be caused by hip problems eg minor cartilage tears."

Might be one and the same thing.

And the link:  http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/tiger-talk/message/91699

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: August 06, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »
We are only playing for pride and to build that elusive 'winning culture'...like at the end of last year.  :o

At least last year we were half a chance at finals.

This year despite Tiga's fact finding mission we are done and dusted and have been for weeks/months.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #281 on: August 06, 2009, 01:00:04 PM »
We are only playing for pride and to build that elusive 'winning culture'...like at the end of last year.  :o

This year despite Tiga's fact finding mission we are done and dusted and have been for weeks/months.

Beat me to it Chuck...You might be rewriting history there Stripes.
I remember us being in finals contention deep into round 21.It was all over when Collingwood beat Sydney....but that looked a 50/50 game at the time.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: August 06, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »
It doesn't have to be scare-mongering and it doesn't mean it's wrong.  A GP who posts on tiger-talk responded to the rumour with this:

"I've just looked up my sports medicine book (excellent reference by Brukner and Khan) . They dislike the term OP which they claim is misleading, and use "longstanding groin pain". There are multiple causes of this, one being strain of the muscles. It can also be caused by hip problems eg minor cartilage tears."

That's interesting smokey. Does this GP know any more about Cotch's condition than we do, ie is he just speculating on the report that Cotch has a hip injury and then making a diagnosis from that information alone or does he have further proof?

Regardless I hope this is a short term, treatable condition that does not interfere with his preseason in any way but given Cotch's track record and run of luck anything is possible.. :help

Stripes

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #283 on: August 06, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »

Beat me to it Chuck...You might be rewriting history there Stripes.
I remember us being in finals contention deep into round 21.It was all over when Collingwood beat Sydney....but that looked a 50/50 game at the time.

Which is exactly my point fellas. We have no hope of making finals so unless we are playing to create the mythical 'winning culture' which I would argue should have been achieved after our big second half to the season last year, I will be devestated if we finish 9th or 10th/11th for that matter!

We may have missed the priority pick but surely we are not stupid enough to still aim for finals!  :help Wins should not be the focus but rather improving our current and future list.

Stripes

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #284 on: August 06, 2009, 01:17:41 PM »

That's interesting smokey. Does this GP know any more about Cotch's condition than we do, ie is he just speculating on the report that Cotch has a hip injury and then making a diagnosis from that information alone or does he have further proof?

Regardless I hope this is a short term, treatable condition that does not interfere with his preseason in any way but given Cotch's track record and run of luck anything is possible.. :help

Stripes

No Stripes, he was just responding to a question from another poster who said he had heard that OP can be caused by groin muscles rubbing the pelvis bone.  He didn't know himself, hence the reference to the book.

And I think we all agree in hoping for a full pre-season for Cotchin so we can really see what he has got.