Author Topic: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009  (Read 30834 times)

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Richmond vs Carlton R1 2009
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
Aaargh what a terrible half, turnover after turnover with poor disposal

Hope the second half is better as this is just too painful to watch.  At least I seen Tambo go in real hard against Waite which was pleasing to see.

I think I can hear the sack TW calls already

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #211 on: March 26, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
Extremely disappointing.  White and Morton are about the only players who can hold their heads up.  What were the medical staff thinking letting Cuz go back on after he was complaining about his hammy? :banghead  Things just went from bad to worse!  The skills coach needs to be taken out to the middle of the MCG and shot in front of all Richmond supporters.  Evidently the occasion got the better of us - we were like dears caught in the headlights.  So embarassing.  Cuz must be wondering if this is more punishment for him.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #212 on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
Robert Walls thought Riewoldt played good.  Good would have been if some of his goals went through.  Not good enough.  But not the only offender.

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #213 on: March 26, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
The skills coach needs to be taken out to the middle of the MCG and shot in front of all Richmond supporters. 

Dont let one of the players do it they would most likely miss! :lol

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #214 on: March 26, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
hoodwinked.

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #215 on: March 26, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »
Just got home, dont know how i'll feel in the light of day, but i said at the start of pre season, same old players making the same mistakes, we have no skills, we cant hit a target, add that to some bad umpiring decisions and some arsey shots from the blues and some great play by the blues, cousins injury and it all adds up to a shocking night. We were unbelievably bad. We sat behind Michael and Tom Roach and i thought to myself "Tom, they did the right thing getting rid of you, they spared you this poo"

:banghead :banghead

Tigermonk

« Reply #216 on: March 26, 2009, 11:09:04 PM »
KAPOW Toothless Pathetic football once again from the same offender RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB

where we went wrong

Edwards still looks like he did last year, underdone another David Bourke skinny ribs

Wallace played Raines, the worthless turnover king, oh sorry was that McMahon l missed what a joker, another skinny underdone player worthless.
McGuane flapping them arms around like he was Peter garret from Midnight Oil wtf
Backline setup wrong, we needed King playing down there not Edwards
No Thursfield at the start & Raines down there forget it.
Judd had a dinner with Jackson that was no tag as Judd did as he pleased another big blunder
Medical & Fitness staff hahaha what a laughing stock of the AFL. POW they got that wrong bigtime that another man down at least 4-6 weeks for Cousins.
Tambling can hold his head high he played well but the rest never changes,
Richo misses goals Rewoldt the same skinny kid cant kick for poo
Our percentage shot like the last 25 years will be low at years end but it wont matter cause from 9th 2008 it back to 16th after that floging by a Carlton side with 5 new kids & no Stevens or Carrasso & others
We are the laughing stock of the AFL
only good thing that came out of tonights game was Wallace who positioned the side wrong again will be handing over the job to Sheedy before the end of season & it be goodbye Wallace, Raines, McMahon, Johnson, Simmonds,Edwards,

SKILLS aint nothing changed at TIGERLAND

Next time the Tigers have a huge game they are meant to win please everyone stay home

RICHMOND are scared of big crowds lol

oh & the new captain, PFFT what a joke another no talkin Johnson

Tigermonk

« Reply #217 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:05 PM »
Robert Walls thought Riewoldt played good.  Good would have been if some of his goals went through.  Not good enough.  But not the only offender.

Personally I don't believe Riewoldt is up to it.

:clapping been saying that since he came to the club another skinny who cant kick

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2009, 11:15:35 PM »
Tonight was not a good night for the club. The continual under performance cannot continue without action.
Players were not interested in the last quarter, it was embarrassing.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »
KAPOW Toothless Pathetic football once again from the same offender RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB

where we went wrong

Edwards still looks like he did last year, underdone another David Bourke skinny ribs

Wallace played Raines, the worthless turnover king, oh sorry was that McMahon l missed what a joker, another skinny underdone player worthless.
McGuane flapping them arms around like he was Peter garret from Midnight Oil wtf
Backline setup wrong, we needed King playing down there not Edwards
No Thursfield at the start & Raines down there forget it.
Judd had a dinner with Jackson that was no tag as Judd did as he pleased another big blunder
Medical & Fitness staff hahaha what a laughing stock of the AFL. POW they got that wrong bigtime that another man down at least 4-6 weeks for Cousins.
Tambling can hold his head high he played well but the rest never changes,
Richo misses goals Rewoldt the same skinny kid cant kick for poo
Our percentage shot like the last 25 years will be low at years end but it wont matter cause from 9th 2008 it back to 16th after that floging by a Carlton side with 5 new kids & no Stevens or Carrasso & others
We are the laughing stock of the AFL
only good thing that came out of tonights game was Wallace who positioned the side wrong again will be handing over the job to Sheedy before the end of season & it be goodbye Wallace, Raines, McMahon, Johnson, Simmonds,Edwards,

SKILLS aint nothing changed at TIGERLAND

Next time the Tigers have a huge game they are meant to win please everyone stay home

RICHMOND are scared of big crowds lol

oh & the new captain, PFFT what a joke another no talkin Johnson

geez that must have taken some effort... :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2009, 11:26:35 PM »
 ;D

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2009, 11:29:13 PM »
We can harp on all we like about the players and we will but ultimately the players are a reflection of the ethos of what this club currently stands for. Its been hapenning for 27 years and that falls on the off field area. Whether it be board coaches whatever. Occasionally a flower grows out of the dirt but I did say occassionally which means too infrequently and never often enough for it to make an overall significant impact.

Lamentably we have failed in a big game against an opposition who was at either on par with us or just above/below us based on recent seasons 07/08 so we can't have the excuse that we were playing a higher echelon side.
Failure it hurts time and time again.
We can single out individuals who play as they represent the non playing employees but for far too long 27 years to be exact(and counting) its that non playing employees who have determined the destiny of this once great footy club.
Nobody can put a positive spin on this and all we have done is reaffirmed the general concensus that we are marshmallows and failures and when that aptly describes something you love then that really hurts.

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2009, 11:40:16 PM »
Shocking game plan, we just don't play the zone well. We need to come up with a better more accountable game like man on man.
Anyway its only the first game

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2009, 06:41:32 AM »
I didn't post when I got home. Too peeed off.

Morton was our only effective forward and the only one who could kick straight apart from his first up miss. Great mark too.
Agree with TM about Blingers. He played well. It was laughable seeing him busting his guts out chasing one Blue after another while his teammates stood and watched and refused to put in any second efforts and in many cases first efforts >:(.
Whitey did okay for the time on the ground he had.
Moore maybe was okay.

We had plenty of prima donnas who obviously were believing their own publicity and resting on last year's 2nd half of the year efforts.
Two of our 3 key defenders Thursty and McGuane had absolute shockers.
Lids - where were you? I knew the white flag had been put up when he was moved to across HB.
Jack - has the yips big time. Not the only one mind you and our set shots have  been an issue all preseason as well.
Foley - he played like he had a numb foot from a jab. He couldn't kick properly to save himself. 9 clangers wasn't it  :P.

Our older senior players did sweet all while our leadership group had a forgetable night. No one stood up.

Terry had his match-ups wrong and players out of position. Edwards is not a small defender/HBFer even though he has been trialed down there over the preseason. Shane has no idea what he is doing down there. At least when he went forward in the second half while still ordinary he at least had some instinct for where he needed to be. After having a fairly stable backline in last year why alter it by adding both Edwards and Raines. It was the Benny Hill show down there.

Momentum is everything in this game these days and we just screwed ourselves over time and time again. The first 15 minutes we dominated the centre clearances but kicked 1.4  ::) while gifting the Blues 4 goals from our own stupidity when the ball should never have been down in our backline in the first place if we had kicked straight  :banghead. We should've been 4 goals up at the start but nup we gift them soft goals which boosts their confidence while draining ours as the mistakes compound and next you know the momentum swings in the middle and we're 5 goals down at 1/4 time. Then next up after conceding the first two goals we kick the next 3 and regain the momentum of the game at least in general play. 28 points down but ahead for the quarter going into time-on and we're at least back in the game. But nup we cough up another two late soft goals when the ball should have again been in our forward line and the game's over. 16 goals directly from our turnovers they said on SEN last night.

Soft, insipid, weak, pathetic .... yep you name it  :banghead
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »
Lids had a shoulder injury in the 2nd quarter. Not bad enough to stop him playing out the game, but would have affected him.