Author Topic: Where is the list at?  (Read 13041 times)

Jackstar is back

Re: Where is the list at?
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2009, 09:39:13 PM »
Which brings me to our list.... my orginal thoughts were 7-9 changes, now I'd be looking at 10-12

I would hope that yesterday also turns out to be a farewell games for a couple of others  :banghead

Naf will have his next week,
Wouldnt waste the airfare sending to Perth last game :banghead

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 12:31:06 AM »
Funny that King's disposal efficiency was by far the best of the entire side against the Pies
Only had one ineffective
His job yesterday was to tag Didak who had 30 possies and kicked 2 goals. All Malthouse had to do was push Didak forward and Kingy was no match. While Richmond believes Kingy types belong on our list then we remain a bottom side. He should have been lucky to survive last year yet the Club gives him a 2-year contract  ??? and then he spent 10 weeks in the VFL this year until Rawlings brought him back as part of playing the whole list. At 25 if you're not a certain best 22 AFL standard footballer then it should be good-bye. Playing one or two decent games a year doesn't cut it. Kingy not the only one in that boat mind you.

Craig Cameron has some big list decisions coming up to prove his worth. If he repeats the list management stuff ups of October/November last year then he should go as well.
King had a complete ankle reconstruction over the preseason, it's not surprising that he took some time getting back into the senior side
I agree he's not part of a premiership side, however theres definitely a spot on the list for him next season, he's been the only player other than Richo & Cousins who doesn't stop trying all game
But Richo and Cousins back up trying their all with A-grade AFL talent over their entire career. That's why they have been champions. Kingy is VFL standard and was before his ankle injury. We don't need VFL triers taking up spots on our list. They are simple list cloggers. Now you're right Infamy that Kingy will most likely get a spot on our list in 2010 but only because he's contracted  :P. However if another club was interested in him I would trade him.
Not every player can be as good as Richo & Cousins, it would be nice if all our players were. I really don't understand some of what can only be called hatred towards King. He may not be the most skilled player out there but he busts his ass out there for the RFC and I think its sad that people still have him at the top of their lists to get rid of. He's shown something as a tagger since mid-season, to the point now that there are easily 10 players that need to go before he does.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
Not every player can be as good as Richo & Cousins, it would be nice if all our players were. I really don't understand some of what can only be called hatred towards King. He may not be the most skilled player out there but he busts his ass out there for the RFC and I think its sad that people still have him at the top of their lists to get rid of. He's shown something as a tagger since mid-season, to the point now that there are easily 10 players that need to go before he does.

Agree

There is one reason you'd keep Jake King and that is because he plays for his team mates (even those who don't deserve it), for the jumper and with pride and passion

We need to keep those types if only for a couple of seasons until that becomes the norm for everyone not just the Jake Kings of the world
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Tigermonk

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:04 AM »

he does need to control his aggression somewhat.
There are a few Robbie Muir's out there still  ;D
Tribunal will make a example out of him this week.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 10:50:15 AM »

Not sure how, theres no footage of the incident, he was the one getting mauled by multiple pies players in the melee too
Theres footage of Didak hitting King in the back though, if all King did was punch Didak in the guts and theres no footage then he wont get much

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 10:54:22 AM »
Not sure how, theres no footage of the incident, he was the one getting mauled by multiple pies players in the melee too
Theres footage of Didak hitting King in the back though, if all King did was punch Didak in the guts and theres no footage then he wont get much

There is the Eddie factor though, some bleating coming out of his fat chops is sure to surface in the media

Tigermonk

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 09:14:10 PM »

Think you better watch more football  ;D the incident was caught in plain view of the camera's.
his gawn rest of season with Hislop  :lol

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 10:37:27 PM »
At the time I posted the comment there hadn't been any shown
The only vision was pretty blurry and distant, given Didak's history of faking, its inconclusive

Jackstar is back

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »
At the time I posted the comment there hadn't been any shown
The only vision was pretty blurry and distant, given Didak's history of faking, its inconclusive

seen footage tonight.
Shows Didak patting King on the head,.
King turns around and punches him in the guts.
When Didak was on ground, he was spewing up.
Evidence very conclusive

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 10:51:54 PM »
I've seen the same footage, at the time of my original post there was none
You're exagerating a little too, it was enough to suspend him, however the vision is still inconclusive
Didak was felled, but that's it

Jackstar is back

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 11:04:45 PM »
I've seen the same footage, at the time of my original post there was none
You're exagerating a little too, it was enough to suspend him, however the vision is still inconclusive
Didak was felled, but that's it

Someone got a spare pair of glasses :banghead
The vision on ""on the couch"" was very conclusive.
Open your eyes will you

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2009, 11:28:28 PM »
I'm sorry but I have perfect vision
The camera was from behind the goals on the OTHER SIDE of the ground
While you can see the strike and Didak going down, there is no way possible you can know the true impact of the hit

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 11:52:17 PM »

I agree with Infamy. King should stay. Wont ever take a backwards step whilst he wears the jumper, nor will he sit there watching while his teammate is raped in front of him by 4 black and white maggots.

See ya later Bowden.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:13 AM »
There is not much genuine quality on the list at the moment to get too excited about 2010.

Cousins
Cotchin
Deledio
Foley
Tambling
Old man Richo

Thats about it....I hope Jack can make the quantum leap his cousin did in his 4th year and kick 50+ goals.
Vickery and Post might be stars come 2012

Unleash the tornado

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »
There is not much genuine quality on the list at the moment to get too excited about 2010.

Cousins
Cotchin
Deledio
Foley
Tambling
Old man Richo

Thats about it....I hope Jack can make the quantum leap his cousin did in his 4th year and kick 50+ goals.
Vickery and Post might be stars come 2012

Yep it's scary isn't it.

This year has been a real eye opener to where our list is at, thanks mainly to Cuz showing what a real classy footballer does.  Cuz will be gone in a couple of years, Lids is progressing well, but with the others you have mentioned they still need a big quantum leap in their games IMO.

The rest on our list are either good serviceable players or just not up to AFL (unfortunately there are too many in this category)