Author Topic: Where is the list at?  (Read 12987 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Jon Ralph's Richmond list assessment (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »
Ralph too generous if he has only 6 definite gones.

SHAKY
Andrew Raines - Still has potential from half-back.  Trade. For some reason still highly rated by some in the media. Maybe keep to offload to the GC17 if we can't get anything decent for him this trade period.
Mark Coughlan - His hard-headed approach might save him. Gone. Body is stuffed
Tom Hislop - Essendon discard has considerable limitations. Another waste of a pick on a discard albeit a late pick. Imagine if we took someone like Liam Jurrah here.
Cleve Hughes - A beautiful kick, but just six games since the start of last year. Gone.
Jake King - Has a contract, but is he in their next premiership side? Should be going. Hell the hell did he get a 2 year contract!
Jordan McMahon - Best result would be trading him to St Kilda for a late pick. Oh please Saints do us a favour.
Graham Polak - Might stay, but does he have an upside? Gone if there's no sentiment but others deserve to go before him.
Dean Putt - Hasn't come close so far. A concern but I think he's safe as a 203cm tall 20 year old.
Troy Simmonds - Insurance only. Gone.
Jay Schulz - Has a contract for next year. The Tigers would trade him for virtually nothing. Should have been traded 2 years ago for pick 28.
Adam Thomson - Has a contract, but why did they trade for him in the first place? Mystifying. Agree Ralphy. Utter stupidity. It's trades like this one that keep Richmond down the bottom.
Shane Tuck - In Hardwick's mould. Surely he will keep him. Trade option while he still has some value. Will be 28 next year and not part of our next flag.
Jarrod Silvester - Future unknown. Last year as a rookie. Hard to see him being promoted when we already have 5 possible tall defenders on our senior list.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Where is the list at?
« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2009, 04:03:20 PM »
MT, do you think any of those five possible tall defenders would have any worth on the trade table?  Maybe keep the Big Cat as the token big-bodied defender?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2009, 04:26:28 PM »
MT, do you think any of those five possible tall defenders would have any worth on the trade table?  Maybe keep the Big Cat as the token big-bodied defender?
The 5 are Moore, Thursty (just re-signed), McGuane, Rance and Post. Thursty and Post would be non-tradable (Heffernan rule for Thursty?).

I don't see us trading any of them but the remaining three probably do have some worth to be honest (Hawks, Blues and a couple of other clubs need tall defenders). Having said that I think we may get more value next year from GC17 than from the existing 16 clubs this year who will want to hold onto their first rounders in a compromised draft. Also if Lake is considering shifting to get more $$$ then our tall defenders pail into insignifance compared to him which would lower their trade value.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2009, 04:50:55 PM »
Who'll be on the list next year + 2010 age

Browne - 19
Collins - 21
Connors - 21
Cotchin - 19
Cousins - 31
Deledio - 22
Edwards - 21
Foley - 24
Graham - 22
Hislop - 21
Hughes - 23
Jackson - 23
King - 26
McGuane - 23
Moore - 26
Morton  - 23
Nahas - 22
Newman - 27
Polak - 25
Polo - 23
Post - 20
Putt - 20
Rance - 20
Richardson - 35
Riewoldt - 21
Tambling - 23
Thompson - 23
Thursfield - 23
Vickory - 19
White - 22

Take out Highest and Lowest age and the Av age is = 22.6 Before adding your 4 or 5 teenagers. We'll have an amazingly young young size next year.

With Richo it's Avg age of 23.

Gone
Bowden
Brown
Coughlan :(
Johnson
McMahon
Oakly Nicholls
Pettifer
Pattison
Raines
Schultz
Simmonds
Tuck :(

Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »
MT , Whats the "Heffernan rule" ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2009, 05:34:33 PM »
MT , Whats the "Heffernan rule" ?
The Heffernan rule meant you can't trade a player who's just signed a new contract
However in real world it doesn't mean much as if all three parties agree then the player can still be traded.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2009, 06:00:23 PM »
The 5 are Moore, Thursty (just re-signed), McGuane, Rance and Post. Thursty and Post would be non-tradable (Heffernan rule for Thursty?).

I don't see us trading any of them but the remaining three probably do have some worth to be honest (Hawks, Blues and a couple of other clubs need tall defenders). Having said that I think we may get more value next year from GC17 than from the existing 16 clubs this year who will want to hold onto their first rounders in a compromised draft. Also if Lake is considering shifting to get more $$$ then our tall defenders pail into insignifance compared to him which would lower their trade value.

To me Thursfield and McGuane are the same player. McGuane has more improvement in him although can hardly rest on his laurels. I actually reckon this year was a bit of a dissapointment for Will. I'd put him out there but he's had his injury problems and seems like one of those boys who needs to get bigger and stronger to take the big forwards in a back-line rotation but is naturally averse to putting on lean mass.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2009, 08:47:33 PM »
To me Thursfield and McGuane are the same player. McGuane has more improvement in him although can hardly rest on his laurels. I actually reckon this year was a bit of a dissapointment for Will. I'd put him out there but he's had his injury problems and seems like one of those boys who needs to get bigger and stronger to take the big forwards in a back-line rotation but is naturally averse to putting on lean mass.
IMO McGaune has the added ability to rebound and set up attacks than just be a defender like Thursty. Luke showed that twice against Hawthorn running off Buddy and bursting through the guts to kick long into our forward line. Thursty on the other hand can play on midsized forwards moreso than Lukey. IIRC Thursty earlier in the year was struggling with "issues" that affected his footy. He's been better since he's come back. The main concern I have with both of them is they aren't the greatest kicks. Not as bad as Gas was but not exactly great either especially when coming out of defence and the need to precisely distribute the ball to those upfield. We of course still need a bigger body key defender as against the Fevs of the world our key defenders get pushed aside. Kel was that key defender last but he's had a disappointing year due to that shoulder injury and form. He should have been put in cotton wool as soon as he injured it against Brisbane but we kept playing him  ::) even though he was struggling big time.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2009, 10:55:04 AM »
MT - you've obviously forgotten that Jurrah wasn't registered for the national draft, and had to get special permission to be eligible for the PSD

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rawlings talking about our list needs (SEN)
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2009, 08:03:30 PM »
Jade on SEN tonight on what our list needs .....

* A Key Forward
Jade sees Post as a backman before he makes it as a forward. Riewoldt has done an amazing effort up forward as a 20 year old but he needs help.

* Another midfielder to go with Lids, Cotch, Polo, Tambo, Jacko, Foley.

Jade still thinks McMahon could become a good player  :o

* Another kicker down back. We've turned it over too much coming out of defensive 50.

* Jade doesn't think we're too far away if we add these type of players.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2009, 08:08:19 PM »
Surely that McMahon comment is an internal prerequisite from the club that anyone who talks about the list has to say that McMahon is a valuable player in order to attract interests for trade from other clubs.

Jade Rawlings surely does not believe that. :lol

Jackstar is back

« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »
Delusional

Jackstar is back

« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2009, 08:15:40 PM »
With Brown and Cogs shown the Door,
where does that leave Simmonds ??
Mail around that Graham and Patterson will get the flick and they keep Simmonds for one more year.
And they pick up back up ruckman in pre season draft  ;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »
I would have thought Simmonds epitaph was signed and sealed after that wonderful display of hitting the target on Saturday night.

Patto I can agree with that decision. Too slow and cumbersome. Another top 20 draft pick from 2004 that Miller could not have got any more wrong.

I would have thought Graham would be retained given his age.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2009, 08:20:58 PM »
I would have thought Simmonds epitaph was signed and sealed after that wonderful display of hitting the target on Saturday night.

Patto I can agree with that decision. Too slow and cumbersome. Another top 20 draft pick from 2004 that Miller could not have got any more wrong.

I would have thought Graham would be retained given his age.

Only a theory that was thrown around, as Graham isnt much good, and aint smart.