Author Topic: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute [merged]  (Read 123583 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Punt Road Oval redevelopment & Indigenous institute
« Reply #225 on: October 21, 2010, 09:58:53 PM »
You forgot to mention the bit about the club spending $20m on new facilities yet for some reason they are asking the members for donations to fit out the new gym. Seriously, what the stuff is with that crap? Where did the $20m go? Which clown signed off on a $20m project that didn't include a fully equipped state of the art gym within the budget?

stuffing amateur hour at Dunce Road. They should rename the new facilities The Oakley-Nicholls Near Enough Centre of Sh!tulence.

But look at the outside!!!!!! :thumbsup :thumbsup :clapping :clapping 8) 8)  :bow :bow :cheers

::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #226 on: October 21, 2010, 10:07:29 PM »
The wet weather would have delayed construction in recent months but not by two years. The planning and tenure process took bloody ages whereas other clubs just got on with planning and building theirs. By January the players are starting to play intra-club matches in readiness for the NAB Cup. So whereas the plan was to have a full preseason at Punt Rd this summer, the players are going to spend the best part of another preseason training here, there and everywhere at mostly inferior facilities compared to other AFL clubs. Not good enough! March is when the admin staff move in.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #227 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:03 PM »
From RFC twitter:

Q. how long until they finish the redevelopments?

A. should be over two stages, January and then March

Disappointing to read that.... actually if I wanted to be really harsh I'd use the term pathetic.

Overall you could argue that this "project" will be about 2 years late by the time it is finished

Every other bloody club that have had these types of redevelopments have got them done on time

As I said disappointing  :-\
c'mon WP, it aint exactly a lean to on the back of the scout hall we're talking. was a small matter of gathering funding and then permits being granted. not sure what world you know pal but that aint like shopping through 8 items or less. oh, and the wettest winter we've had in 10 years doesn't help construction deadlines either.

RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #228 on: October 21, 2010, 11:09:38 PM »
From RFC twitter:

Q. how long until they finish the redevelopments?

A. should be over two stages, January and then March

Disappointing to read that.... actually if I wanted to be really harsh I'd use the term pathetic.

Overall you could argue that this "project" will be about 2 years late by the time it is finished

Every other bloody club that have had these types of redevelopments have got them done on time

As I said disappointing  :-\
c'mon WP, it aint exactly a lean to on the back of the scout hall we're talking. was a small matter of gathering funding and then permits being granted. not sure what world you know pal but that aint like shopping through 8 items or less. oh, and the wettest winter we've had in 10 years doesn't help construction deadlines either.

When you go through a planning process you do know dates when meetings with councils will be held and decisions finalised. I can understand construction being held up by the weather but we were a whole year behind schedule before the construction had even started. The club kept pushing the date back everytime you asked someone about it.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #229 on: October 22, 2010, 07:09:05 AM »

When you go through a planning process you do know dates when meetings with councils will be held and decisions finalised. I can understand construction being held up by the weather but we were a whole year behind schedule before the construction had even started. The club kept pushing the date back everytime you asked someone about it.

Exactly right - they got the first lot of funding from the State govt, AFL & Council during our 2007-2008 and then got the balance from the Federal govt early 2009 IIRC.... Actually go back further they were orginally talking about this being ready for our centenary year....

I appreciate the scope of the project but the fact that the thing has had more delays than a Metro train is extremely disappointing IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Latest pics of the Punt Rd Oval redevelopment
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2010, 08:54:44 PM »

Latest pics of the Punt Rd Oval redevelopment - 27/10/2010

Thumbnails: - Click to enlarge

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 06:00:12 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
Re: Latest pics of the Punt Rd Oval redevelopment - 27/10/10
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2010, 07:47:07 AM »
Fantastic OE. Thanks.  :thumbsup Still a long way to go but gee it's looking good. Really taking shape.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2010, 11:20:00 AM »
Excellent pics OE. I bet the tradies got a bit coy thinking you were a building inspector with all the detailed pics you took.  :lol
In the last pic was that one of the players doing laps? Connors or O'Reilly??

Offline Grunt

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2010, 11:33:11 AM »
Very, very impressive.

Thanks OE.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
Excellent pics OE. I bet the tradies got a bit coy thinking you were a building inspector with all the detailed pics you took.  :lol
;D

Or they rang the National security hotline  :D

"I'll get you Butler!"

That was Connors doing a stack of 200m sprints on his own.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2010, 01:34:13 PM »

That was Connors doing a stack of 200m sprints on his own.

That's heartening.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
Good pics. Had a little look inside recently. Long way to go.

Apparently Admin is expected to be finished by Xmas and the rest by March 1st..

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2010, 02:48:57 PM »
The $20 million Punt Road redevelopment is due for completion early into the new year

The redevelopment will house the brand new Social Club being constructed on the third level of the new facility, with views overlooking the Punt Road Oval.

In previous years the Club has invited all members and supporters to head over to the Social Club after every home game at the MCG.  Now, due to new licensing restrictions, only 2011 Social Club members will have access to this brand new facility.

http://rfc.webberoo.com.au/social-club.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »
In previous years the Club has invited all members and supporters to head over to the Social Club after every home game at the MCG.  Now, due to new licensing restrictions, only 2011 Social Club members will have access to this brand new facility.

http://rfc.webberoo.com.au/social-club.html

:banghead :banghead so what does that mean to Coterie members who've renwed already and have been told they are supposedly guaranteed access to the Social Club after MCG home games.... will they or wont they be allowed in  ???  :banghead :banghead

But apart from that - I have to say that is a staggering and disappointing decision, actually it is unacceptable - members deserve better
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2010, 06:13:29 PM »
WP, 3121 membership says "Social Club membership with the ability to head back to the brand new facility at Punt Road after every home game". Giving it's a "entry level into coterie membership" then presumably the coteries will have access to the Social Club included.

Spewing myself. Not that I go to the Social club after games (been just a couple of times) but I was looking forward to see inside the new redevelopment when the new Social club opened.

Good pics. Had a little look inside recently. Long way to go.

Apparently Admin is expected to be finished by Xmas and the rest by March 1st..
I heard it was the other way around (players facilities ready by January; admin by March) but your source may be more reliable Magic.