Author Topic: Ruckman Needed / Cam Wood and Orren Stephenson training with Richmond  (Read 23856 times)

dwaino

Re: Ruckman Needed
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
Is Graham actually a mate of yours or something? It's ok if he is.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 01:19:21 PM »
Is Graham actually a mate of yours or something? It's ok if he is.

Aww gee :lol Yeah, I know the family.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 01:20:44 PM »
It's not sooking. It's trying to understand the hypocrisy on why CD can call others nuffers for opinions on players, especially opposition players we're recruiting, yet uses the same justification to make a case for players he likes.

Who have I called a nuffer? Please don't make things up, it makes you look like a hole. And please don't have a good at me for calling blokes likes Lucas Cook duds, it makes you look like a hole
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 03:07:13 PM by one-eyed »

dwaino

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 01:26:44 PM »
You weren't supportive of recruiting Maric last year or those who were for it. Just like you said something like "if you nuffers watched a port game" in relation to Chaplin. I can't use the search function at the moment to find the exact post because it crashes my phone browser.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »
You weren't supportive of recruiting Maric last year or those who were for it. Just like you said something like "if you nuffers watched a port game" in relation to Chaplin. I can't use the search function at the moment to find the exact post because it crashes my phone browser.

Never said anything like "if you nuffers watched a Port" game. I reckon I would have said something along these lines "If you blokes watched him at Port you might not think he's the gun stopper you're making him out to be". I wasn't supportive of giving Maric a 4 year contract. Didn't care if he came to Richmond or not, just not on a four year deal. Since you want to look back into history, go and read peoples thoughts on Maric. There were a lot of people who said he was a dud and I wasn't one of them, dude. I certainly wasn't convinced by him and I was far from believing he was a very good ruckman. Again, I wasn't on my own. It's a forum mate, look it up. The romans were big on them

You're a sook. Just because I have called you out on the immature BS some of you post (when some of us want to have a serious discussion like Smokey and I were) you decide to make up this rubbish. How about next time you grow some balls and call me out when I have an opinion that differs to your? You know, perhaps at the time of the post and not 12 months later? It's easy to be a hero in hindsight. I'm always happy to talk football.

dwaino

« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2012, 01:38:27 PM »
I just tried going page by page through the Chaplin thread to find it, but the long pages are crashing. Though on your advice to WAT concerning Chaplin "go watch the last game he played for Port," we'll the last game I saw Graham play for Richmond he was a cement footed buffoon and we lost to Gold Coast.

Immature blah blah. Pot, kettle, black.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »
I just tried going page by page through the Chaplin thread to find it, but the long pages are crashing. Though on your advice to WAT concerning Chaplin "go watch the last game he played for Port," we'll the last game I saw Graham play for Richmond he was a cement footed buffoon and we lost to Gold Coast.

Did I call WAT a nuffer? If not, what is wrong with my post? I don't have a high opinion of Chaplin. I've made that fairly clear one would think ;D

dwaino

« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »

Did I call WAT a nuffer? If not, what is wrong with my post? I don't have a high opinion of Chaplin. I've made that fairly clear one would think ;D

There isn't anything wrong with it  :cheers just wondering why those arguments can be used on some players but not others. For the record I'm not sold on Chaplin either, but curious and optimistic about the experience and chemistry he might add. I honestly don't know why you hold Graham in the regard you do. Eggs on the rest of our faces should he come good though.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2012, 01:55:22 PM »
I don't hold Graham in high regard. You should read some of the things I have written about him in the past. I'm just willing to acknowledge that he's a solid bloke to have at your club as 3rd choice ruck. Not worth the $ he is on but then again he can't be blamed for that.

dwaino

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »
I have read and that's why I said it. But if I've misinterpreted then I take it back. I agree with what you just said about him and would persevere if he were 2 or 3 years younger. I made a ruck thread during the season (can't search for it  :() and said that I would like only 2-3 rucks on the senior list. They take a while to develop as the story goes, and I'd rather see a ready to go 18/19 year old mid in Gus' spot in the list with 1-2 ruck projects on the rookie list. If the number one ruck goes down for 1-3 weeks they're easily backed up by the second bloke. If the poo hits the fan they can always be moved to LTIL and the rookie ruck/s are easily accessible. IMO back up ruck stocks are list cloggers ie dwaino's view =Graham is a list clogger.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2012, 02:07:21 PM »
  I reckon we can cover Cotch in the midfield easier than Maric in the ruck. 

Please, we couldn't even cover Foley

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2012, 02:08:03 PM »
Name a bloke not on an AFL list who would beat Graham?

Andrew Browne  :shh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »
Name a bloke not on an AFL list who would beat Graham?

Andrew Browne  :shh

ooh you have got to be joking.

Browne!! is he even considered a ruckman?
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »
I don't hold Graham in high regard. You should read some of the things I have written about him in the past. I'm just willing to acknowledge that he's a solid bloke to have at your club as 3rd choice ruck. Not worth the $ he is on but then again he can't be blamed for that.

If we keep Graham then I would still prefer to have 1 other better ruckman, pushing Gus 1 back in the queue.  I don't class Vickery as a ruckman in the traditional sense and I don't think we can rely on him to carry any substantial ruck duties for an extended if Maric goes down without sacrificing capability in the forward line.  Another ruckman would keep the pressure on Maric, give us depth and flexibility for when we need to play 2 ruckmen (which we should look to do ourselves all the time anyway but that's another story) and having Graham as 3rd string covers our rear if everything goes really awry like it can (ask Hawthorn).  We can still have a project ruckman as a rookie so the development potential remains.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2012, 02:34:28 PM »
  I reckon we can cover Cotch in the midfield easier than Maric in the ruck. 

Please, we couldn't even cover Foley

We won as many games without him as with him and our losing margins didn't change significantly so I would suggest we could and did.  Yes, we missed him but results suggest we also covered him to a fair extent.  And if you took my comment in the context I wrote them, that we could more easily cover Cotch next season due to the increased age and further development of our midfield then I think my comment stands up.