Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Richmond Rant / Re: Adem Yze is our new coach [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 11:46:22 PM »
Horse sending Jordan to Walsh turned the game tonight...wish we'd play a tagger every now & then instead of just letting the oppo's best mids bring their own footy and do as thy please as they tear us apart every stuffing week...another thing that hasn't changed under Yze..... :banghead
Richmond Rant / Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Last post by crackertiger on Yesterday at 11:18:30 PM »
Need to do our best to ensure he gets to 100 .. Honestly we would be absolutely crazy not to. He is AFL quality for 100 so it's justified.
Richmond Rant / Re: Steely Green to debut this week [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 07:36:15 PM »
Hope he plays well , we need a bit of hope for the future

If he doesn’t then we can keep turning the list over

What's the bet he's our sub, comes on with 5-10min to go in the 3rd quarter and we are already 60 points down. Get's dumped in a forward pocket and the ball goes nowhere near him.

Nah it'll be alright because that just means Sir Runsalot will be starting the match which should keep us in it........... :shh
Dio, did Kamdyn run over your dog?

Pfft...like he'd ever win a one on one contest.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: Injury update 2024
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Yesterday at 07:08:35 PM »
Yeah I do remember 2017 being almost essentially injury free, 2018 may have been pretty much the same. But 2019, 2020 and 2021 were certainly on similar levels to what we are experiencing now. I believe they were all years under the previous regime although I could be wrong about 2021.
Richmond Rant / Re: Marlion Pickett [merged]
« Last post by Tiger Khosh on Yesterday at 07:04:06 PM »
He's on 87 games already.

Despite ageing and at times being questionable for our best 22 it would be quite negligent not to get him to 100 games, even if that means using him as the sub.

Any potential advantage we can get in the draft needs to be exploited as much as possible.

‘At times being questionable for our best 22’ is the understatement of the year. Been droppable by a big margin for a solid 2 years.
Richmond Rant / Re: Steely Green to debut this week [merged]
« Last post by MintOnLamb on Yesterday at 06:14:40 PM »
Hope he plays well , we need a bit of hope for the future

If he doesn’t then we can keep turning the list over

What's the bet he's our sub, comes on with 5-10min to go in the 3rd quarter and we are already 60 points down. Get's dumped in a forward pocket and the ball goes nowhere near him.

Nah it'll be alright because that just means Sir Runsalot will be starting the match which should keep us in it........... :shh
Dio, did Kamdyn run over your dog?
They still kicked 100 points .....we're struggling to break 50.... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Diocletian on Yesterday at 05:00:12 PM »
Yeah well it's the world we live in now I'm afraid.....they're even talking about about banning headers in soccer now ffs..... :shh
Richmond Rant / Re: State of Umpiring [merged]
« Last post by Andyy on Yesterday at 04:21:27 PM »
I also think the AFL is going too far with the head contact + suspensions.

Given the earning potential of an AFL player (particularly the ones that 'make it' long term) I think they should be asked to sign a waiver that prevents them from suing the AFL or clubs for damages later in life.

Waivers don't hold up in court more often then not with this sort of thing though if the players can prove gross negligence or a breach of duty of care.... :shh

It's a contact sport.

Other than concussion protocols I don't see what else the AFL can do.

Suspending players for 'football incidents' isn't going to reduce concussions IMO.
Look at Geelong last night …. No key forwards , makeshift midfield missing key players …. Get 26 goals kicked on them .

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10