Author Topic: 2008 Draw  (Read 12645 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 2008 Draw
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2007, 05:03:07 PM »
The bloke from the AFL who does the draw was on SEN just before talking about us. He said we've got more MCG games next year as requested by the Club yet we had 12 games this year and get 12 again next year  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2007, 05:15:27 PM »
The bloke from the AFL who does the draw was on SEN just before talking about us. He said we've got more MCG games next year as requested by the Club yet we had 12 games this year and get 12 again next year  ???.

Gillon McLaughlin you are a complete tool.

I hate him or than Vlad.  Dead set.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2007, 05:24:51 PM »

And Adrian "Mr fix it when it ain't broken" Anderson.

McLaughlin also said we didn't get any Friday games as the networks (in this case Ch 7) have their say in the draw. Ox then comes on after the news and says Richmond had high ratings in their Ch 7 friday night games this year. Geez the AFL talk crap  ::).

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »

McLaughlin also said we didn't get any Friday games as the networks (in this case Ch 7) have their say in the draw. Ox then comes on after the news and says Richmond had high ratings in their Ch 7 friday night games this year. Geez the AFL talk crap  ::).

yeh its all a bit contradictive hey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2007, 06:38:31 PM »
why is it again u people like this march fella. What exactly has he done.

It looks to me like he is too busy with his own personal interests to stand up for us in getting a better deal.

this draw is crap and i guarantee you with a president with a bit of balls we may have got a better deal

Presidents dont determine the draw, each club has a chance to express their wish list, do you know what the RFC actually submitted....i doubt it.

whether that gets met or not is up to the AFL, if you have a bitch have it against the MCC and the deal they did with the Woods.

for gods sake at the end of the day we as a team have to be able to play at any arena in any condition, stop looking for scapegoats especially the board, more in particular March and moreso Wright if it wasnt these two we would be in bigger strife.

yes the draw is disappointing but for christsake get behind the club and support it instead of at every opportunity trying to get stuck into.

im sure there are supporters from other clubs just as disappointed with their lot, until such time we have all teams play each other twice there will be inequaties in the draw.

no worries mate. support your team. i have been a member for 12 years and im not even 30 so before u mouth off get your facts right. i as a member is allowed to form a opinion but according to you thats not allowed.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2007, 06:42:09 PM »
l be happy if no games are on channel 7
l cant stand watching games on that network its a shocking broadcast
wish Fox Footy was still on wouldnot have to listen to them dimwit commetators

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »

yeh its all a bit contradictive hey.
Yep. It's circular argument spin.

RFC: Why didn't we get any Friday night games?

AFL: You finished 16th and it's based on-field performance.

RFC: If it's based on on-field performance then why do/did the pioneers of Friday night football North Melbourne end up getting zip even when successful.

AFL: Oh because it comes down to crowds and ratings.

RFC: Yeah but our crowds and ratings were still large.

AFL: Yeah but you finished 16th and it's based on performance.

Round and round the AFL spins  ::).

Tigermonk

« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2007, 06:56:35 PM »
exactly & the reason being there got 2 dills running the show in wogboy & angry scrawny anderson  ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2007, 07:04:08 PM »
is it just me or ever since demetriou and anderson got in bed together and became in charge of the afl, that its all turned to poo.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2007, 07:38:24 PM »
is it just me or ever since demetriou and anderson got in bed together and became in charge of the afl, that its all turned to poo.

its not just you

this is th eproblem, these two have scat fetishes and love the art of rimming duringh their spare time

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »
why is it again u people like this march fella. What exactly has he done.

It looks to me like he is too busy with his own personal interests to stand up for us in getting a better deal.

this draw is crap and i guarantee you with a president with a bit of balls we may have got a better deal

Presidents dont determine the draw, each club has a chance to express their wish list, do you know what the RFC actually submitted....i doubt it.

whether that gets met or not is up to the AFL, if you have a bitch have it against the MCC and the deal they did with the Woods.

for gods sake at the end of the day we as a team have to be able to play at any arena in any condition, stop looking for scapegoats especially the board, more in particular March and moreso Wright if it wasnt these two we would be in bigger strife.

yes the draw is disappointing but for christsake get behind the club and support it instead of at every opportunity trying to get stuck into.

im sure there are supporters from other clubs just as disappointed with their lot, until such time we have all teams play each other twice there will be inequaties in the draw.

no worries mate. support your team. i have been a member for 12 years and im not even 30 so before u mouth off get your facts right. i as a member is allowed to form a opinion but according to you thats not allowed.

this is not a case of mine is bigger than yours scenario sorry if my post had offended you in anyway that wasnt my intention, it was a general observation that there are few who no matter what our club does it can never win.

the afl draw will never please everyone all the time, as i said each club has a wish list which they submit and going by Steve Wrights comments some of ours have been met and some havent thats how it goes unfortunately.

as for mouthing off please, oh i was indoctrinated from the age of 4 my first ever game was the 69 grand final... as a member lets just say you can double your 12 years and then some if you want to be like that. :thumbsup 

Tigermonk

« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:10 PM »
haha Rogerd3 showing your age now
l was same age at same game with my dad  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2007, 06:06:46 AM »
Essendon and St Kilda both get 5 Friday night games despite finishing in the bottom 8.

Every club is meant next year to get a minimum 10 free-to-air tv games. At a guess:

R1 Carlton
R7 St Kilda
R9 Essendon
R10 Sydney
R11 Adelaide
R13 Port
R14 Carlton
R17 Brisbane
R18 Geelong
R20 Hawthorn
R22 Melbourne

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2007, 07:22:22 AM »
the draw really does not matter, if we are good enough we will win most games, if we are not then we lose

we should not (like the pies)  rely on the draw to get us into finals, we dont want charity, we must earn it.

the interstate teams travel more than anyone, they dont complain about travelling.

the draw is the draw, until we become an elite top team we will never get looked after so we shoudl just put up and shut up and just play to win

the only f thing that peees me off is that we dont have a home ground

it was the g, but now we are in limbo

i just dont get it, ur home ground is ur home ground regardless how good or crap u r, thus we should be playing all our home games at the g

Totally agree, we should be able to win anywhere anytime and not rely on a favorable draw. Our home ground is the MCG and we should have all our home games there unless of course we want to sell one to Tassie or Port Hedland or Norfolk Island, you know, to try and build our supporter base ;)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2007, 07:53:44 AM »
Or Carrara  :pray