Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 902115 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #360 on: May 28, 2010, 09:57:52 PM »
Good the hear the coach coming out and pushing it along a bit.. :thumbsup

why is that good?

Why isn't it good??? Shouldn't the coach or a RFC rep come out and let us all know that we want this kid. Don't you think Martin reads the papers, c'mon mate, don't be silly you know exactly what I meant!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #361 on: May 28, 2010, 10:27:33 PM »
The kid is living with the President of the club. He aint going anywhere.
Club is nipping it in the bud now better than dealing with it for the whole of next year.

FNM

« Reply #362 on: May 29, 2010, 02:42:32 PM »
Neville Stibbard(*) on Foxtel said something about the Martin deal and comparing it to the Fitzroy Richmond deal with Michael Gale, Dundas, Brodders etc.
WTF he was talking about I don't know, but said we shouldn't whinge about what was being offered to Martin from other clubs
 ::)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #363 on: May 29, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »
hmmm, I can see the relevance ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Ramps

« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »
Magnificent performance from dustin today- particularly in the 1st half when the game was there to be won. A great performance from the kid.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #365 on: May 29, 2010, 06:35:58 PM »
Yep he finds the footy he is strong and tough and he gets clearances. A genuine inside midfielder. :thumbsup

Can see why GWS want him and can see why he will stay with us too. :thumbsup

TigerTimeII

« Reply #366 on: May 29, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
what a game by dustin
this kid today showed he is a man , has balls and played as if he was a tiger for life

well done

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #367 on: May 29, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
On ya Dusty  :bow

Why go to an artifically created franchise in the middle of nowhere when he can belong to a real traditional big club, singing the best song after a win, and making a name for himself in its resurgence over the next 3-4 years. There's legendary status awaiting for the coach and players who take us to the holy grail.

Neville Stibbard(*) on Foxtel said something about the Martin deal and comparing it to the Fitzroy Richmond deal with Michael Gale, Dundas, Brodders etc.
WTF he was talking about I don't know, but said we shouldn't whinge about what was being offered to Martin from other clubs
 ::)
Does that asterix stand for he's a utter moron FNM   :lol. Did anyone remind him we gave up our captain and leading goalkicker in that exchange plus a high pick  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

FNM

« Reply #368 on: May 29, 2010, 06:48:09 PM »
Does that asterix stand for he's a utter moron FNM   :lol. Did anyone remind him we gave up our captain and leading goalkicker in that exchange plus a high pick  ::).
Asterisk is for I don't know how to spell his name
Force of habit  ;)

Yep, don't know what they're whinging about, Hoggy was great up back and forward
The fact he was ruined injury wise is a minor detail lol

Ramps

« Reply #369 on: May 29, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
Force of habit  ;)

Yep, don't know what they're whinging about, Hoggy was great up back and forward

If this trade (Hogg for the 3 fitzroy boys) was insurance we would have gone to the big house for fraud lol ... thankfully it was just footy. Anyway Stibbard can get stuffed. We're on the right track.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #370 on: May 29, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »
Force of habit  ;)

If this trade (Hogg for the 3 fitzroy boys) was insurance we would have gone to the big house for fraud lol ... thankfully it was just footy. Anyway Stibbard can get stuffed. We're on the right track.
We gave up pick 6 and gained pick 26 in that trade as well.

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/draft_history.htm

Sheeds can get stuffed as well for thinking he can get his hands on Martin ;D
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #371 on: June 01, 2010, 05:17:15 AM »
From Patrick Smith in the Australian ...

Still, the FFA campaign against the AFL is not the only mis-information being peddled about by parts of the football community. It has been reported extensively that Richmond's promising midfielder Dustin Martin, picked at three in last year's national draft, is being courted heavily by the new franchises in Sydney and the Gold Coast. It has been suggested he had been offered as much as $800,000 a year to move up north. AFL officials who are monitoring the development of the new teams deny this outright. They are adamant there has been no offer of any sort to Martin. Still, the speculation was enough to spook Richmond president Gary March to run to AFL headquarters asking the game's administrators to intervene. He was reacting to the work of mischievous player managers.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/afl-not-offside-playing-hardball/story-e6frg7mf-1225873764295

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #372 on: June 01, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »
started watching a replay of the port game last night and the commentators said that earlier on Cameron had said that GWS had not spoken to Martin at all.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #373 on: June 01, 2010, 08:34:45 AM »
Martin hints at staying a Tiger

Dustin Martin has hinted he wants to stay at Richmond

8:50 AM Tue 01 June, 2010RICHMOND youngster Dustin Martin has given the first public indication that he may ignore potential offers from Gold Coast and Greater West Sydney to remain a Tiger.

Martin has been strongly linked to the AFL’s newest clubs as a potential recruit, with suggestions that he could be offered as much as $800,000 per season.

While admitting he has not given much thought to his next contract, Martin revealed exclusively to afl.com.au that he would be leaning towards remaining at Punt Rd.

“The Tigers gave me the opportunity and I’m happy here so I’d be happy to stay here,” he said.

Martin was drafted by Richmond with pick three at last year’s NAB AFL Draft and signed a two-year deal with the Tigers that expires at the end of 2011, which coincides with Greater West Sydney’s arrival on the AFL scene.

He has been one of the Tigers’ bright lights in an otherwise gloomy season, missing just one game this season and averaging 20 disposals per match.

The 18-year-old’s ability to win contested possessions and his immaculate disposal have had the football world in raptures and saw him become the round 10 nominee for the NAB AFL Rising Star.

Gold Coast enters the AFL next season but has so far failed to secure any big names. Joel Selwood, Lance Franklin, Nick Riewoldt, Bryce Gibbs and Jarryd Roughead have all re-signed with their Victorian clubs amid speculation they could be chased by Guy McKenna’s team.

Its vast salary cap space and failure to land any big fish so far could mean that the club will focus its intentions on securing the next generation of AFL stars.

Martin is yet to have any discussions about his playing future beyond his initial two-year deal but talks have already begun behind closed doors.

“No, that’s between my manager Ricky Nixon and (Richmond general manager of football operations) Craig Cameron,” he said.

“I haven’t had anything to do with that at the moment, I’m just playing footy.”

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95400/default.aspx

Ramps

« Reply #374 on: June 01, 2010, 12:11:16 PM »
From Patrick Smith in the Australian ...

Still, the FFA campaign against the AFL is not the only mis-information being peddled about by parts of the football community. It has been reported extensively that Richmond's promising midfielder Dustin Martin, picked at three in last year's national draft, is being courted heavily by the new franchises in Sydney and the Gold Coast. It has been suggested he had been offered as much as $800,000 a year to move up north. AFL officials who are monitoring the development of the new teams deny this outright. They are adamant there has been no offer of any sort to Martin. Still, the speculation was enough to spook Richmond president Gary March to run to AFL headquarters asking the game's administrators to intervene. He was reacting to the work of mischievous player managers.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/afl-not-offside-playing-hardball/story-e6frg7mf-1225873764295

I was one of the few on here that would have been ok with not paying over the odds to keep dustin martin. Our President seems to have gone into panic mode - its not a good look. RFC needs a new President. I am deadset adamant on this. Gary March seems like a decent bloke, but we need a new leader and President. The club needs to convince someone like Michael Green to takeover or at least find a suitable businessman who loves the Tigers to takeover. My preference is Michael Green.