Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1088759 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2910 on: September 24, 2013, 02:43:00 PM »
The thing for us is that we know Dusty is a required player if we are going to play in premierships

Yo Chimp, the nuffies think Billy Longer and a draft pick equal premierships bro

Don't forget to include the jousting sticks Gerker  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2911 on: September 24, 2013, 05:27:27 PM »
ME Bank Fair or Unfair: It's time for Dustin Martin to go back to Richmond

Herald Sun
    September 24, 2013 3:59PM

AFTER shopping himself around to other clubs with little success, Dustin Martin should swallow his pride and re-sign with Richmond.

That's the hot topic on tonight's ME Bank Fair or Unfair segment on AFL360.

Martin, who comes out of contract at the end of this season, has been in negotations with the club since early in the year and shocked the Tigers when he announced early last week he wanted to pursue offers from other clubs.

It's believed Martin earned about $450,000 a season for the past two years and rejected a Richmond offer of $1 million for the next two years.

His manager Ralph Carr is believed to be chasing a $600,000-a-year deal but has so far had little success, with clubs including GWS, Melbourne, St Kilda and Carlton stating they are not interested in a trade.

Richmond has made it clear Martin is a required player, but he will have to start negotiations again from scratch if he wants to stay.

Should he swallow his pride?

See Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately's verdict tonight at 7.30pm on Fox Footy.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/other-sports/me-bank-fair-or-unfair-its-time-for-dustin-martin-to-go-back-to-richmond/story-e6frf56c-1226726302988#ixzz2fnBj7l3T

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2912 on: September 24, 2013, 05:53:44 PM »
 Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately

:chuck

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2913 on: September 24, 2013, 06:13:28 PM »
Are we there yet????? FFS.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #2914 on: September 24, 2013, 08:00:50 PM »
ME Bank Fair or Unfair: It's time for Dustin Martin to go back to Richmond

Herald Sun
    September 24, 2013 3:59PM

AFTER shopping himself around to other clubs with little success, Dustin Martin should swallow his pride and re-sign with Richmond.

That's the hot topic on tonight's ME Bank Fair or Unfair segment on AFL360.

Martin, who comes out of contract at the end of this season, has been in negotations with the club since early in the year and shocked the Tigers when he announced early last week he wanted to pursue offers from other clubs.

It's believed Martin earned about $450,000 a season for the past two years and rejected a Richmond offer of $1 million for the next two years.

His manager Ralph Carr is believed to be chasing a $600,000-a-year deal but has so far had little success, with clubs including GWS, Melbourne, St Kilda and Carlton stating they are not interested in a trade.

Richmond has made it clear Martin is a required player, but he will have to start negotiations again from scratch if he wants to stay.

Should he swallow his pride?

See Mark Robinson and Gerard Whately's verdict tonight at 7.30pm on Fox Footy.

Read more: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/other-sports/me-bank-fair-or-unfair-its-time-for-dustin-martin-to-go-back-to-richmond/story-e6frf56c-1226726302988#ixzz2fnBj7l3T

Who cares what they think!!!'
 :whistle
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2915 on: September 24, 2013, 08:01:47 PM »
Did anyone else watch 360. Some not so good things just said re: Martin

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2916 on: September 24, 2013, 08:05:02 PM »
Did anyone else watch 360. Some not so good things just said re: Martin
Elaborate please?

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2917 on: September 24, 2013, 08:11:33 PM »
Robbo said that there is still a turn in the saga to come, that they will be discussing it tomorrow night. Couldn't elaborate, but seemed pretty confident. Whately didn't seem to have a clue, but he also said equivocally last week Martin wouldn't be there.

Rampstar

« Reply #2918 on: September 24, 2013, 08:14:53 PM »
who gives a stuff? seriously some of our supporters are coming across as complete wankers by supporting Martin on these things. In the end he is either wif us or against us and if he is against us he can pee off.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2919 on: September 24, 2013, 08:17:31 PM »
Maybe the turn in the saga is the three years that '71 is posting on big footy?

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2920 on: September 24, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
Alternatively if Brisbane was still showing interest as reported and now Leppa is due to go up there too, might be Dusty has decided to go with him.

= Longer and pick #7

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2921 on: September 24, 2013, 08:23:38 PM »
Robbo said that there is still a turn in the saga to come, that they will be discussing it tomorrow night. Couldn't elaborate, but seemed pretty confident. Whately didn't seem to have a clue, but he also said equivocally last week Martin wouldn't be there.
That was before 6 or more clubs declared they weren't interested, I suspect there might be more than just bris left in the equation, home is where the heart is dusty :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2922 on: September 24, 2013, 08:35:13 PM »
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Rampstar

« Reply #2923 on: September 24, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
That was before 6 or more clubs declared they weren't interested, I suspect there might be more than just bris left in the equation, home is where the heart is dusty :shh

not if you can get 100-150k more somewhere else  ;D

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2924 on: September 24, 2013, 08:40:26 PM »
100-150 before commission/tax.

= 50-75k you'd think :(