Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 995519 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #7035 on: July 10, 2024, 11:24:32 PM »
GOLD Coast has reiterated it would relish the chance to pursue Richmond superstar Dustin Martin, should the three-time premiership champion look to continue his career in Queensland next season.

Martin is coming towards the end of the lucrative seven-year contract he signed before kickstarting Richmond's triple-premiership dynasty in 2017, with an opportunity to potentially reunite with former coach Damien Hardwick on the cards.

Hardwick said earlier this month that the Suns would be "crazy" not to investigate Martin's future, should he leave Punt Road, having recently played his 300th game for the Tigers.

Speaking on AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable this week, Gold Coast's recruiting boss Kall Burns backed up the coach's call and said the club would explore the opportunity to chase Martin at year's end.

"I think you heard from Damien in recent weeks around Dustin. Obviously, he's got a decision to make. But I think as Damien said, we'd be crazy not to look at a player of his ilk if he was to want to come to the Gold Coast," Burns said.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1168815/inside-trading-new-deal-on-cards-for-star-dog-dee-in-talks-levi-test-case-looms

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7036 on: July 11, 2024, 06:17:34 PM »

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7037 on: July 11, 2024, 07:02:23 PM »
He has fully checked out

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7038 on: July 11, 2024, 08:06:09 PM »
He has fully checked out

::)

So should you.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7039 on: July 11, 2024, 08:24:42 PM »
Playing golf. :thumbsup

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7040 on: July 11, 2024, 10:11:18 PM »
No disrespect but Dusty should retire at seasons end. He currently does not deserve a place in the team based on performance.
As agreat happy to see them get him to seasons end but after that the gloves are off.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7041 on: July 12, 2024, 01:03:38 AM »
Yze said Martin would spend another week on the sidelines after he came from the field with back spasms against Carlton in round 16.

“(Martin’s back) is still a little bit sore. We’ve made the decision that if we try and train today, it might keep aggravating it, so we’re going to give him this week off so he can have a proper run into the following week,” Yze said.

“It’s still a bit grumbly, so if he tries to go out there – it’s cold and things like that, so he won’t train today and he won’t play.

“It’s only the last couple of weeks when we subbed him out, that was the first time it started to spasm. He’s playing a little bit of golf at the moment so maybe he’s twisting the wrong way, it might be his golf swing.

“I don’t think it complicates (his decision on next season) – carrying injuries like that at his age his hard. He might have been able to do it when he was 25, but right now, we’ve just got to help him through that.”

Source: Foxsports

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7042 on: July 14, 2024, 04:03:01 PM »
Is Dusty at the GWS game does any one know?

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #7043 on: July 14, 2024, 05:09:06 PM »
Is Dusty at the GWS game does any one know?
Might be watching it from a spa in Tahiti.  :rollin

..... And I wouldn't mind if it were true.  :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7044 on: July 14, 2024, 11:55:29 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/article-13632813/GWS-Giants-Dustin-Martin-Richmond-Tigers.html

2019 GF says hi. Very chirpy for a club that has achieved nothing and was flogged by 89 pts when it mattered.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7045 on: July 15, 2024, 07:57:00 AM »
Well, it’s the rumour that I have heard.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7046 on: July 15, 2024, 08:49:26 AM »
Well, it’s the rumour that I have heard.

??

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7047 on: July 15, 2024, 12:10:06 PM »
Yep.

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7048 on: July 15, 2024, 09:14:32 PM »
That he’s going to the suns? Yeah I think you’d have to be living on mars not to have heard that one.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #7049 on: July 15, 2024, 10:55:15 PM »
Dusty to be rested for the rest of the year so he can get a good preseason at GC