Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 849769 times)

the claw

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »
Too many ifs on most of those 2nd tier mids. Cuz and Tucky aren't long-term options either in the 1st tier category. Tucky isn't a 1st tier mid but due to our lack of depth he was played as one. If Griffiths and Astbury can show enough to suggest they'll be long-term tall prospects I would say we will target another gun mid with our first pick in next year's draft.

1st tier: Lids, Cotch, Martin, 2010 pick 4?

2nd tier: Foley, Collins, Blingers

3rd tier: Jacko, Connors, etc ....

Our midfield is slowly getting there and they'll all have their best years ahead of them together.
pretty much agree with those ratings mt.  of bentleigh list i would say thomson is the one we need most to become a player. how many big bodied inside players do we have again.

the claw

« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2010, 04:27:42 PM »
Too many ifs on most of those 2nd tier mids. Cuz and Tucky aren't long-term options either in the 1st tier category. Tucky isn't a 1st tier mid but due to our lack of depth he was played as one. If Griffiths and Astbury can show enough to suggest they'll be long-term tall prospects I would say we will target another gun mid with our first pick in next year's draft.

Our midfield is slowly getting there and they'll all have their best years ahead of them together.

Pick 4 MT? you think we are going to finish with The Wooden Spoon?

:)
I would say we'll be close to favourites given we'll have such a young and inexperienced side. We may surprise in the first month with everyone fit and fresh but over a long season young bodies get tired and sore and if we get a couple of key injuries I can't see us finishing outside the bottom 3. Not necessarily a bad thing long-term as it will at least enable us to stockpile some talented kids. Supporters will need to hang in for another couple of years before seeing this current young group mature and rise up the ladder.
agree again mt well said.

the claw

« Reply #212 on: January 30, 2010, 04:31:40 PM »

:)
Well the wooden spooner ends up with picks 4, 27, 44, 61, 78, etc... Trade a player (to GC17) for another decent pick and it's not too dissimilar to a "normal" draft for a bottom club. Sure GC17 will be getting most of the top 15 kids as WAT says and there's no proriety picks available but compared to most of the existing clubs we'll be far better off in terms of picks. This year's draft was meant to be all gloom and doom but IMO it was still a decent draft. The worst thing we can do next year is finish 9th-11th and end up with our first pick in the mid-teens.
[/quote]
sheesh again agree well said.
just one thing i was under the impression 2nd rnd pps were still happening.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #213 on: January 30, 2010, 05:04:54 PM »
just one thing i was under the impression 2nd rnd pps were still happening.
I don't think so, pretty sure all PPs are on hold

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #214 on: January 30, 2010, 07:56:55 PM »
2nd tier mids:

Connors
Polo
White
Edwards
Thomson
Hislop
Gilligan

if one or two or those can come good (Connors  :pray :pray) it'll help alot

You do live in hope dont you ?
Edwards is the only one on that list that would get a game another club.
Connors ::) his aspirations are greater than his ability

Where do you live? West Sydney?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »

pretty much agree with those ratings mt.  of bentleigh list i would say thomson is the one we need most to become a player. how many big bodied inside players do we have again.

Tuck
Jackson
Deledio

the claw

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »

Tuck
Jackson
Deledio
so we have tuck a genuine inside extractor of the ball from packs.they tried to trade him because he lacks quality.

jackson sheesh half rate him half dont. sorry im one who doesnt. goes okay as a run with player where  hes taken to the ball.no smarts  poor decision maker and uses the ball poorly far to often. i would go so far as to say hes not a midfielders backside.
one thing with him he is a big body if he can be taught to block and shepherd at the clinches and create space for his more talented teammates and he can shut down opponents he may be worth persevering with me id rather try and attain a more rounded player.
deledio well he does win his fair share of footy but hes more outside and hes no true extractor or grunt player.just like martin cotchin cuz  you want deledio with ball in hand on the outside the thing is they can all win their own ball its this that has them rated so highly.

we have 3 genuine inside extractors foley, tuck, and thomson, its why tuck has survived so long on our list. there has been no other of his type other than foley and cogs who has hardly played a game for yrs now. we actually have a kid called contin who fits the bill but hes on the rookie list and wonder of wonders he can actually kick well. the problem is he will take a little while.
already foley is injured and we are down to just tuck and thomson for the opener.

anyway we disagree you obviously think we have enough extractors of quality. or just plain enough extractors regardless of quality.
 me i think i would like to upgrade if possible on at least one tuck, possibly two if thomson fails this yr.

to my way of thinking if tuck is below standard and he is in many areas, it leaves atm only foley who is ready to play and up to standard, and this means we need thomson to step up and prove himself at this level.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2010, 02:26:24 PM »
Talk about putting pressure and unrealistic expectations on a first year kid. Supporters ringing up SEN claiming Martin will be our best player and will win our B&F this year  :-\

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2010, 02:29:30 PM »
Talk about putting pressure and unrealistic expectations on a first year kid. Supporters ringing up SEN claiming Martin will be our best player and will win our B&F this year  :-\

I heard that, I think there was a communication breakdown.

I think the guy that phoned in was saying that Martin will eventually end up being our best player and Robbo thought he meant this year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #219 on: February 01, 2010, 02:36:02 PM »

Tuck
Jackson
Deledio
so we have tuck a genuine inside extractor of the ball from packs.they tried to trade him because he lacks quality.

jackson sheesh half rate him half dont. sorry im one who doesnt. goes okay as a run with player where  hes taken to the ball.no smarts  poor decision maker and uses the ball poorly far to often. i would go so far as to say hes not a midfielders backside.
one thing with him he is a big body if he can be taught to block and shepherd at the clinches and create space for his more talented teammates and he can shut down opponents he may be worth persevering with me id rather try and attain a more rounded player.
deledio well he does win his fair share of footy but hes more outside and hes no true extractor or grunt player.just like martin cotchin cuz  you want deledio with ball in hand on the outside the thing is they can all win their own ball its this that has them rated so highly.

we have 3 genuine inside extractors foley, tuck, and thomson, its why tuck has survived so long on our list. there has been no other of his type other than foley and cogs who has hardly played a game for yrs now. we actually have a kid called contin who fits the bill but hes on the rookie list and wonder of wonders he can actually kick well. the problem is he will take a little while.
already foley is injured and we are down to just tuck and thomson for the opener.

anyway we disagree you obviously think we have enough extractors of quality. or just plain enough extractors regardless of quality.
 me i think i would like to upgrade if possible on at least one tuck, possibly two if thomson fails this yr.

to my way of thinking if tuck is below standard and he is in many areas, it leaves atm only foley who is ready to play and up to standard, and this means we need thomson to step up and prove himself at this level.

I never said anything of the sort  :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2010, 03:04:16 AM »
Based on yesterday, Scully and Trengove must be bloody good footballers and physically ready-made if they were considered clearly ahead of Martin in the draft.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 05:39:22 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

« Reply #221 on: February 06, 2010, 06:45:27 AM »

They must have lots of potential, they certainly don't look as ready as Martin does.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »
Well maybe, just bloody maybe, we may have pulled off the Franklin/Pavlich draw for a change, lets hope so and then the media can spend the next 50 million years giving crap to Melbourne!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #223 on: February 06, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
Dustin looks like he is in early twenties in looks and body size.  :thumbsup

Put him in another jumper and some on here might mistakenly take him for someone else and he's already had 50 AFL games under his belt.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #224 on: February 06, 2010, 12:48:48 PM »
Dustin looks like he is in early twenties in looks and body size.  :thumbsup

Put him in another jumper and some on here might mistakenly take him for someone else and he's already had 50 AFL games under his belt.

Dead right, for once IMO we have picked up the Daniel Rich of the draft.. :shh
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"