Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 849928 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #4440 on: December 05, 2017, 12:53:18 PM »
Leppitsch said that star midfielder Dustin Martin has returned in good shape and a greta frame of mind following his remarkable season in which he took home nearly every individual award available.

“It’s the first month that I think he got paid that salary too, so he’s pretty happy!” he joked.

“He always cuts his holidays a couple of weeks short just to come back and at least roll up in reasonable nick.

He does that pretty well now, he’s much more professional than what he was when I first got here seven or eight years ago – he really understands the game and what’s required.”

Source: SEN website

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4441 on: December 05, 2017, 08:39:56 PM »
Really?
He looked podgy to me in this mornings paper.
If that's looking good,  I'd hate to see how he looked a few years ago
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #4442 on: December 07, 2017, 09:42:51 AM »
ffs give the champ a break, he had a couple of dogs eyes and a beer
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4443 on: December 14, 2017, 02:30:46 PM »
Dusty was in the top 5 Australian Google searches this year.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/tech/2017/12/13/australia-top-google-searches-2017/

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4444 on: December 14, 2017, 07:30:14 PM »
Dusty was in the top 5 Australian Google searches this year.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/life/tech/2017/12/13/australia-top-google-searches-2017/
Another illustration of why Dusty will end up being better off financially in the long run by his decision to stay and play at Richmond.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4445 on: December 17, 2017, 03:57:34 PM »
Hugh Van Cuylenburg from the Resilience Project spoke about the gratitude, empathy and mindfulness program credited by Richmond Tigers superstar Dusty Martin for his remarkable AFL season in which he won almost every award on offer as well as a premiership.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/12/17/nrl-rising-stars-warned-of-dangers-at-rookie-camp/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4446 on: January 16, 2018, 10:58:43 PM »
AFL on 7
@7AFL

"WARNING TO THE COMPETITION

@DustinMartin4 is a "beast" and looks set for another dominant year according to @Richmond_FC's @nickvlastuin. #gotiges #7AFL"

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7AFL/status/953199800287076352

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Only thing that can stop Dusty getting even better is injury: Swan (ESPN)
« Reply #4447 on: January 30, 2018, 12:19:50 PM »
Dane Swan talking about his mate Dusty:

One of those mates is Richmond's superstar midfielder, Dustin Martin. The pair have been close friends for years -- their annual boys' trip away has reached social media must-watch status -- and now Martin is coming off his best ever season with the Tigers as well. After signing a long-term contract extension with Richmond in August, Martin helped to end the club's 37-year premiership drought. He also won the 2017 Brownlow Medal with a record 36 votes.

To sum it up, Martin pretty much won everything there was to win in 2017. Can a player improve on a season like that? It will be scary for the rest of the league if he does, says Swan.

"If he gets better, I feel scared for sides that are gonna have to come up and play against him," Swan says. "He doesn't really have any weakness.

"I don't know how you try and stop him if you're playing against him. You just hope he has a bad one. I speak to him a lot, and he says he's as fit as he's ever been at this time of year. I think the only thing that can stop him getting better is him getting injured. That's a pretty scary thought for opposition midfielders."

http://kwese.espn.com/afl/story/_/id/22244542/afl-collingwood-magpies-dane-swan-youth-no-longer-excuse

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4448 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:10 PM »
Dusty's name officially added to the Norm Smith medal honour board at AFL House:

https://twitter.com/AFL_PKeane/status/960322216792477696

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4449 on: February 16, 2018, 02:50:21 AM »
Every time I see this clip it says Dusty was never ever going to leave. He loves Richmond too much.

"YELLOW AND BLACK!"

:bow 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4450 on: February 22, 2018, 01:08:20 AM »
Ryan Garthwaite predicts another huge year for Dustin Martin

Beau Greenway
Border Mail
February 21 2018 - 5:30PM

Former Murray Bushranger Ryan Garthwaite believes Dustin Martin can go to another gear at Richmond this season.

He had a great view of Martin’s stellar season which featured the premiership, Brownlow and Norm Smith medals, All-Australian, Richmond’s Jack Dyer Medal, as well as being voted by opposition players and coaches as the Player of the Year.

But Garthwaite thinks the now AFL cult figure ‘Dusty’ can be even better.

“Being able to train with some of the top athletes in Australia, you learn so much,” Garthwaite said.

“Dusty is just one of those blokes that goes about his business.

“He's got all the talent in the world, but there's not an arrogant bone in his body.

“He's always looking to help someone and help improve your game.

“Obviously when he's on the field he does his thing and we all know how good that is.

“He's an amazing bloke and an amazing footballer.

“​Coming off what he did last year, you can't ask for a lot more, but already he's looking for what he can improve to take his game to the next level.”

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/5243384/ryan-garthwaite-predicts-another-huge-year-for-dustin-martin/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4451 on: February 24, 2018, 09:25:03 PM »

dwaino

« Reply #4452 on: March 03, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »
Anyone else seeing him at Crown tonight?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dane Swan thanks Dustin Martin for paying his bills (SportingNews)
« Reply #4453 on: March 09, 2018, 11:01:33 AM »
Dane Swan thanks Dustin Martin for paying his bills

Mick Stirling
Sporting News
9 March 2018

The Dane Swan – Dustin Martin bromance has become one of football’s most endearing relationships as two of the game’s roughest nuts keep sharing their love in the public realm.

This week Swan let on that it might not all be about mutual admiration, and that there’s a practical value to being Martin’s ‘bestie’.

“I was as pleased as anyone because he’s kept me in business this year - the only time anyone wants to talk to me is about him,” the former Magpie told Adelaide radio station FIVEaa.

“He’s keeping my lights on at home and keeping the bills paid, which is great.”

Swan praised Martin for the way he approaches football and life, saying the previously wayward Tiger had turned his life around and deserved the amazing on-field year he enjoyed in 2017.

“The work-life balance probably wasn’t great for him, but in the last few years he’s really found a great balance and he knows what is needed to play great footy.

“I actually know how hard he works too. He does all his extras on days off… that no one sees because he’s not the type of person to do it for accolades and people to look at him.

“He does it because he knows that’s what gets the best out of his footy, that’s why he’s such a great player, and such a great player because he does it for himself and for his team, not for people patting him on the back.”

Martin’s awkwardness on the Brownlow podium is testament to the fact he’s not a fan of public speaking or being in the limelight, but as social media shows, he likes to party and doesn’t mind standing on a stage when the music’s pumping.

“He likes to have a good time off the field,” Swan agrees, “but he picks and chooses his moment now and it’s all about footy during the year.”

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/afl/news/dane-swan-thanks-dustin-martin-for-paying-his-bills-afl-richmond-tigers/fg4h6d51lal71lyxsc4vmdukc

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4454 on: March 22, 2018, 11:20:47 PM »
A bit of class goes a long way. Was massive when the team needed a spark. His field kicking is still godly and we probably would have won by more if he went for goal more often then when he passes it off