Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1073238 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #7245 on: September 14, 2024, 02:03:11 PM »
We bag our captain out but at the moment he seems like one of the few blokes in our club and the AFL that I’d believe when he speaks.

Bang on, copped some very unfair criticism for not being blue collar and that he had issue with Hardwick with how he evolved from 2020. But history will clearly show his values and leadership will go beyond anything of Hardwick legacy.
Go Tigers!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7246 on: September 14, 2024, 02:17:52 PM »
We bag our captain out but at the moment he seems like one of the few blokes in our club and the AFL that I’d believe when he speaks.

Bang on, copped some very unfair criticism for not being blue collar and that he had issue with Hardwick with how he evolved from 2020. But history will clearly show his values and leadership will go beyond anything of Hardwick legacy.

Sorry if this is a stupid question

But are you talking about Cotchin or Nank?
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7247 on: September 14, 2024, 03:14:17 PM »

I feel like Richo was taking about Nank and then TL about Cotch but I could be wrong lol

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7248 on: September 14, 2024, 05:30:40 PM »

I feel like Richo was taking about Nank and then TL about Cotch but I could be wrong lol
Correct in regard to myself, suspect you’re correct in regard to TL.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7249 on: September 14, 2024, 05:58:43 PM »
“Has he been saving himself up for a career at the Gold Coast?”

Caroline Wilson has questioned the potential move.

AUDIO link: https://www.3aw.com.au/caroline-wilson-questions-dustin-martins-potential-move-to-gold-coast/

Online Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7250 on: September 14, 2024, 06:41:38 PM »
“Has he been saving himself up for a career at the Gold Coast?”

Caroline Wilson has questioned the potential move.

AUDIO link: https://www.3aw.com.au/caroline-wilson-questions-dustin-martins-potential-move-to-gold-coast/

Absolutely he has.  Club should refuse to pay him the rest of his contract.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7251 on: September 14, 2024, 06:52:32 PM »
I actually think he gave up like a few others (baker, Bolton)

He checked out and his body is evidence of that.

Fresh start and he will kick 30 goals up there just watch.

Issue isn't Dusty, he owes us nothing. The issue is the snake Hardwick IMO.

That said all is forgotten if we manage to tear them a new one come trade week.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline crackertiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7252 on: September 14, 2024, 06:54:33 PM »
I must admit that I have thought this to be the case since about half way through the season...

Not sure Dusty was ever on board the Yze train.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7253 on: September 14, 2024, 06:58:59 PM »
Yze hasn't exactly created an environment that people want to stay or remain fit, and that's a concern.

Dusty wasn't fit, and Yze wanted to respect our champion, though internally he must have thought there are a lot of people taking the pee around the club.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7254 on: September 14, 2024, 07:21:26 PM »

No stupid at all WP, Cotch copped it for a number of things unfairly late on. Stuff with Brooke, being woke, siding with Mrs Hardwick supposedly instead of his mentor Dimma.
Go Tigers!

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7255 on: September 14, 2024, 10:07:09 PM »
They’re all legends to me. Owe us naught BUT
On subject of Cotch being somehow above teammates - in his book he made a quote about Dimma and how the marriage split caused a divide amongst sections of the club. I have a watertight source who quoted a senior player - considered a leader - who directly said he had no idea what Cotchin was talking about.
No question the final flag ended up fracturing the team and probably the club but no one person sits above it all as being perfect
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7256 on: September 14, 2024, 10:33:02 PM »
Yze hasn't exactly created an environment that people want to stay or remain fit, and that's a concern.

Dusty wasn't fit, and Yze wanted to respect our champion, though internally he must have thought there are a lot of people taking the pee around the club.

Load of bs nothing to do with Yze. His conduct has been poor unfit , travelling while injured and not buying in. See Broad ,Vlastuin and Nank leading by example. Few bad apples in our senior group this year.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7257 on: September 14, 2024, 10:59:25 PM »
Something really stinks at our club . Now starting to think it could be the coach who’s probably a great number 2 but not cut out to be the bloke in charge.

Unleash the tornado

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7258 on: September 14, 2024, 11:01:22 PM »
Until I see Dusty in a Suns top then I'll make judgement. Dusty spoke to and visited GWS too when he was at his peak but ultimately he didn't join them. Dusty turns 34 next year and playing on IMHO would be a mistake. His body can't do what it did in his 20s and, unlike Dan Rioli, I just don't see where he fits in the Suns line-up. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #7259 on: September 14, 2024, 11:12:42 PM »
They’re all legends to me. Owe us naught BUT
On subject of Cotch being somehow above teammates - in his book he made a quote about Dimma and how the marriage split caused a divide amongst sections of the club. I have a watertight source who quoted a senior player - considered a leader - who directly said he had no idea what Cotchin was talking about.
No question the final flag ended up fracturing the team and probably the club but no one person sits above it all as being perfect

HRT sorry not sure what you mean, as in Cotch was suggesting he was above everyone or Dimma?

It wouldn't surprise me if Cotch put some mayo on that, it was fairly clear that Cotch and Dimma relationship soured because of that with Danielle being very close to Brooke clearly impacted. Wouldn't surprise if Cotch put a bit of mayo on explaining that his relationship with Dimma caused a divide.
Go Tigers!