Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54632 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2009, 05:53:07 PM »
Rohde was just on 5AA.

Is busy with the Burgoyne trade but is "very confident the Schulz deal will get done in the next 24 hours or so in a swap for Farmer. Minor details to be sorted."  Also said they offered Farmer a new contract but he declined.

Thanks TA.  :thumbsup  My FW Filter prevented me from responding.  ;)

more like you cant find the quote cause it never happened :thumbsup

Can be as specific to say the live Peter Rohde interview did happen on 5aa Adelaide at 4:35pm AEDST this afternoon, daniel.

i believe it like i believe Fev will go to the Pies.

Rhode can say what he likes, what did you think he was going to say. "Farmer is rubbish we are glad to see him go"

It never happened till i hear it come from Farmer's mouth.

Its clear they dont think highly of him so in comes Richmond to pick up another hack

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2009, 06:04:44 PM »
Rhode can say what he likes, what did you think he was going to say. "Farmer is rubbish we are glad to see him go"

It never happened till i hear it come from Farmer's mouth.
Its clear they dont think highly of him so in comes Richmond to pick up another hack

So a podcast of the interview wouldn't be enough for you daniel  ???

Podcust should be up later this evening ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2009, 06:13:32 PM »
So now you are happy to take crappy recycled players from other teams instead of draft picks to "re-build" UNREAL!!

Fair point.

Schulz has been a failure at Richmond but Farmer's done nothing for Port either.
I would have preferred a pick for Jay if it was possible.

I just wish some people would stick to their guns regarding swapping players for players or picks for players or what the hell ever, not meaning you MM.  :thumbsup

No the kid fits a need. He plays back pocket and that has been an area we have strugggled in. Remember Corey Jones and Steven Milne in 2008. Furthermore the kid is 20 and has an upside of wanting to return back to Victoria. All it costs us is a player who has clogged the list for 7 years without any improvement. If we get a draft pick for Schulz rather than Farmer that is great too. Farmer is 20 and fits in developmental terms the age group that we are looking for to recruit a player at a very low cost to us. I think we are better off. You wouldn't delist a player who has been in the system for two years opposed to someone who has been there for seven and shown no improvement.
You .... were proposing players such as Seaby Nicoski and Hooper merely because they were available which would cost us alot more. Some of those players have been riddled with injuries and couldn't kick over a jam tin. Furthermore those players are mid 20's and are not the type of age group we are looking for. Those players are top up players for teams that believe their premiership window is open. Ours isn't so why would we want them?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:54:55 PM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2009, 06:26:45 PM »
Ch 7 news just said the deal is "on the verge" of being done. So not done yet.

Tigermonk

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »
OMFG 7 years Shulzs was at the club  :rollin
and the deal aint done yet oh please who the dick doing our talking

Tigermonk

« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 06:58:35 PM »
 ;D  :rollin

Jackstar is back

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
Just read most of the garbage posts on here.
Will say this.
Schulz has been tried and failed, will fail at Port. He is worth NOTHING!
Farmer I have seen as a youngest and seems to have lost his way over at Port.
Would think he has more potential than Adam Thomson. who we wasted a pick on.
Lets wait and see,
this kid is worth a chance

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2009, 07:01:04 PM »
Enough with the personal insults and toe-to-toe sniping or snip!  ::) :banghead

Anyway back to the topic!

Rohde ... also confirmed Port Adelaide was on the verge of securing Richmond forward Jay Schulz.

Youngster Mitch Farmer could form the other end of that deal, with the defender offered a two-year contract by the Tigers.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/85837/default.aspx

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:03 PM »
wow, i cant believe a player like Shultz can invoke such emotion. 20 year old home sick kids are worth a shot. I'm really sick of small forwards tearing us up, if he can fill that role then he will be a good aquisition.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »
Rohde just said on 3aw that there's a lot of goodwill between Port and Richmond and the deal should be done tomorrow.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
Well like I said a million times, I don't agrre with the trade but if the RFC believes it is in the best interest of the club to take us to a flag then I will support the move. I will also support Farmer next year and wish him all the best at the club like I did when Schulz joined us... :lol

Really though good luck to him. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »
wow, i cant believe a player like Shultz can invoke such emotion. 20 year old home sick kids are worth a shot. I'm really sick of small forwards tearing us up, if he can fill that role then he will be a good aquisition.

Correct

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »

Correct

Isn't that what King, Newman and a couple of others have failed at? Shouldn't we be trying to stop the ball getting down there. I am just worried that we are going small again.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2009, 07:52:21 PM »
Schultz is worth hardly anything and is one of the most frustrating players to watch run around.

However, I think everyone would agree that it's about time we win out of a trade for once.

Johnson trade = Fail
Brown trade = Fail (although the picks we gave up were in a horrible draft)
Ottens trade = Huge Fail.

Thompson = At this stage fail

the list goes on.

Would love to see a club overrate one of our players for once and over compensate us rather than the other way round every year.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »

Would love to see a club overrate one of our players for once and over compensate us rather than the other way round every year.

Fiora - Black - Simmonds?