Author Topic: Ben Griffiths [merged]  (Read 457714 times)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Ben Griffiths [merged]
« Reply #2475 on: April 18, 2015, 11:34:28 PM »
oh dear oh dear. it is funny.

it really is swings and roundabouts on sites. they win and all is rosy they lose and all is doom and gloom. the feel good crowd are out in force and it is funny.

yes griffiths had a good game tonight as did 99% of his team mates good on him. lets talk up newman lets talk up houli morris batchelor grigg  etc etc .
people  if he couldnt get a kick tonight he never would. now lets see what happens when there is some real competition.

in fairness to him he had a decent game you cant ask much else in  the circumstances but ffs why hang your hat on it.

yes in the past  even in a big win we would get little out of him so its good he made a good contribution its a positive now he needs to produce against a good opponent and consistently.
mcguire was their best defender on the park with a first gamer and another 20 21 yr old kid ffs if ben didnt play well tonight he would never play well.
so much for perspective eh.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #2476 on: April 18, 2015, 11:41:42 PM »
Claw, I think you are the one being reactionary bro.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2477 on: April 18, 2015, 11:52:00 PM »
lot to like about griffiths tonight
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2478 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:25 AM »
Improving more and more though it seems the better he gets at football the worse he gets at goal kicking. Used to be a Dead-Eye Dick.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2479 on: April 19, 2015, 02:18:06 AM »
Claw, I think you are the one being reactionary bro.

Somebody has to be.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2480 on: April 19, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »
Good game.

No More

« Reply #2481 on: April 19, 2015, 10:02:23 AM »
He is very close to having really good games now. If the set shot he missed from 20 metres goes through and the goal he kicked wasn't disallowed, then he would have had 4 sausage rolls and an excellent game. Improving. Cant be put out of the side with performance like that.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2482 on: April 19, 2015, 11:54:00 AM »
Griffo played his part last night. Lets see how hard Vickery wants that spot back

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #2483 on: April 19, 2015, 12:08:12 PM »
If Big Ben can have a 50+ season then like whoa , Look Out  :o that spells Danger
Hey claw,,,how's Tom Lee going  :ROTFL
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2484 on: April 19, 2015, 12:08:45 PM »
Just his numbers really doesnt show his game. He was involved in so many of our scores. He was showing what he could do last season too. Some couldnt (or wouldnt) see it but this has been gone over many times. Somebody said that Vickery might be more fighting for Marics spot than Griffs and from what we have seen so far this season that could be the case.

His best game so far but  will get even better.  I think now he is getting confident and more importantly his team mates are getting more confident to kick it to him (that wasnt happening last year).
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Gigantor

« Reply #2485 on: April 19, 2015, 12:14:59 PM »
I think hes making steady progress,but not completely sold on him yet

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2486 on: April 19, 2015, 12:24:23 PM »
Just his numbers really doesnt show his game. He was involved in so many of our scores. He was showing what he could do last season too. Some couldnt (or wouldnt) see it but this has been gone over many times. Somebody said that Vickery might be more fighting for Marics spot than Griffs and from what we have seen so far this season that could be the case.

His best game so far but  will get even better.  I think now he is getting confident and more importantly his team mates are getting more confident to kick it to him (that wasnt happening last year).

good post   ;D

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2487 on: April 19, 2015, 12:54:21 PM »
Just wish he wouldn't miss the easy ones. One against Carlton he should have nailed and that easy one last night.

He's jagged 6 in 3 games. Should have been 8-9 easily.

Hopefully he starts putting them away. Can't wait to see this guy kick his first proper bag. Always had faith in him!

No More

« Reply #2488 on: April 19, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »
Just wish he wouldn't miss the easy ones. One against Carlton he should have nailed and that easy one last night.

Hopefully he starts putting them away. Can't wait to see this guy kick his first proper bag. Always had faith in him!

2 goals a game gets him 44 for the season. That's a pretty good return IMHO.

Online Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #2489 on: April 19, 2015, 01:03:17 PM »

Agree totally. Those sitters could cost a game one day. I think it seems to be a problem because he can kick so far that he doesnt kick it like he normally would. Not that I would know that as I couldn't kick it over a jam tin.
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!