Author Topic: Overall Grade - How did we rate our draft?  (Read 10991 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Overall Grade - How did we rate our draft?
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
C'mon mods, how is the support going???????????? :scream :scream Seem to be onto me pretty quick lately??????

C'mon I thought it was funny.

Lighten up FFS.

:help

Yeah I thought it was stuffing magic.... Just too much poo about players form certain people on this forum is wearing thin and those players have not even trained with us yet. We are supposed to follow and support the WHOLE club but certain stuffwits who should in their minds run the club just can't let it go.

Thats not funny anymore mate!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »
C'mon mods, how is the support going???????????? :scream :scream Seem to be onto me pretty quick lately??????

Lighten up FFS.

Yeah I thought it was effing magic.... Just too much poo about players form certain people on this forum is wearing thin and those players have not even trained with us yet. We are supposed to follow and support the WHOLE club but certain effwits who should in their minds run the club just can't let it go.

Now that Jay Shultz is gone, same with Cleve and Jon, TW and Patto; the more out spoken members of this forum need to focus their attention elsewhere and what better place to start than the raw, inexperienced, young draftees?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2009, 10:11:54 PM »

Lighten up FFS.

Yeah I thought it was effing magic.... Just too much poo about players form certain people on this forum is wearing thin and those players have not even trained with us yet. We are supposed to follow and support the WHOLE club but certain effwits who should in their minds run the club just can't let it go.

Now that Jay Shultz is gone, same with Cleve and Jon, TW and Patto; the more out spoken members of this forum need to focus their attention elsewhere and what better place to start than the raw, inexperienced, young draftees?

Yeah weak as pee aren't they GR 12.....

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Tigermonk

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2009, 10:23:26 PM »
watched boxing all night cause l knew we end up with more weeds in our backyard  ;D
drafting a 73kg player lol  :banghead
my 14 year old weighs more with no fat on him  :rollin

Here comes another one, good to see you got nothing positive to say again TM, maybe you and a few others should start your own forum up. You could call it the "Continuous Bagging of the RFC, Players, Recruiters and Everything That Stands For The RFC Forum"

sorry you know nothing about football & grasp onto hope
well l gunna tell you that 73kg players dont make the grade were l come from fool

I was going to keep the personal side out of it and stay on topic but I do not appreciate being called a fool from a low life such as yourself. It has become quite clear to me that you may share a brain with a flea when it comes to football. Actually the flea probably has more of the brain. Do they actually breath air where you come from.... :whistle

:rollin your a football brain trust  ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »
watched boxing all night cause l knew we end up with more weeds in our backyard  ;D
drafting a 73kg player lol  :banghead
my 14 year old weighs more with no fat on him  :rollin

Here comes another one, good to see you got nothing positive to say again TM, maybe you and a few others should start your own forum up. You could call it the "Continuous Bagging of the RFC, Players, Recruiters and Everything That Stands For The RFC Forum"

sorry you know nothing about football & grasp onto hope
well l gunna tell you that 73kg players dont make the grade were l come from fool

I was going to keep the personal side out of it and stay on topic but I do not appreciate being called a fool from a low life such as yourself. It has become quite clear to me that you may share a brain with a flea when it comes to football. Actually the flea probably has more of the brain. Do they actually breath air where you come from.... :whistle

:rollin your a football brain trust  ;D

:sleep

"Rucks:

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
It would be nice to let the young fellows actual get through their first raining before writing them off don't you think?!  :shh

Martin looks like a quality midfielder to compliment Lids, Cotch, Foley, Bling and hopefully Collins.

Griffiths could be a superstar if he gets his body right. I am cautiously optimistic about this fellow. Heard that his surgery was very successful.

Our next pick was also a great get IMHO. Tall half forward who leads and marks well and, most importantly, is a terrific kick.

Taylor could be the steal of the century if we can keep him on the straight and narrow. Collingwood convinced him to not join the GC and we snatched him - Win/Win I say  :thumbsup

Beyond this pick was all speculative, especially in a shallow draft, but could be excellent given their age and experience playing against men already.

I am really excited about the potential of these players and until time tells me otherwise , I think they all deserve a chance to develop and perform.

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2009, 10:54:14 PM »
Great post Smokey!!

Just read some thoughts on other forums and there are some real positive posts regarding our draft selections, great to read instead of the usual suspects here. No doubt that sentence will be quoted.. :whistle

Here is the post with a link:

I love the fact that our recruiting team were brave enough not to do just what everyone said we should do in terms of later picks and took people no one had heard of out of shear instinct and belief in themselves. Our club is starting to look like it is prepared to lead and not be led by the media or outside opinion. These are good signs, not talking glory days, just a club i can tell my kids they can be proud of.

http://www.yellowandblack.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=9710&page=266

Well said, isn't it funny that most of the whingers on this site were screaming out to re-build this club with youth and not pick up recycled players. Well thats what they did and its still not good enough for you lot is it. Richmond is changing people so get on board or go away.

"Rucks:

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2009, 10:55:33 PM »
I think that those who prey on the weak spots of other posts are as pathetic and cowardly as a king hitting sniper on the football field. Got nothing to say unless it is to wait and attack someone elses view. Clear sign of low intelligence.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
The argument over player weights is redundant. We've had solid players (80kg or more)who have also not made it. Dean Putt, Cleve Hughes, Dean Limbach, Daniel Sipthorp & Kyle Archibald just to name a few. Patto and Schulz didn't set the world on fire either. I'd take a lightweight kid that can kick and run any day over a plank.
Young players also need time to develop. Look at Luke McGuane as an example. Recruited at 76kg. Current playing weight 86kg

No further questions your Honour.

Tigermonk

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
The argument over player weights is redundant. We've had solid players (80kg or more)who have also not made it. Dean Putt, Cleve Hughes, Dean Limbach, Daniel Sipthorp & Kyle Archibald just to name a few. Patto and Schulz didn't set the world on fire either. I'd take a lightweight kid that can kick and run any day over a plank.
Young players also need time to develop. Look at Luke McGuane as an example. Recruited at 76kg. Current playing weight 86kg

No further questions your Honour.

takes you back to development
Patto will develope at the Saints & l can see him doing well there

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »
total waste f time recruiting players under 80kg and under 185cm
When will this club ever learn.
Cant beleive we picked a 21 yo at 181cm and under 80kilos :banghead
Francis Jackson shouldnt have a job I am afraid.
We already have a group of lighweights on our list and we go and add to them

all aboard. :rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2009, 11:43:16 PM »
I suppose while we are discussing the relative merits of the draft picks we shouldn't forget that we have another new player in 20 year old Mitch Farmer.  With so many changes to the list and many of them high profile, it is going to seem quite different for the first few games next year.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2009, 11:53:49 PM »

Only if they can perform a lobotomy.

Two problems for Patto in my book

1) Lack of core strength for a man his size - means his balance and movement are poor and he is poor below his knees.
2) No footy smarts.

Can fix 1 over a year or two but very surprised if two changes. Not saying it wasn't poor development that was the problem, but reckon he's missed the boat now.

Offline PipBoy

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #88 on: November 28, 2009, 12:23:13 AM »
[/quote]

the Saints just called, they look forward to you signing up as a member TM  :D