Author Topic: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]  (Read 10436 times)

Ramps

Re: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 03:54:43 PM »
Tuckerbag is 100% spot on with his posting on this, players jumping up and down when McMahon kicked the goal- the Melbourne supporters were jumping up and down with excitement as well...they were the only winners. Winning Culture is rubbish when you got no players. We needed the better picks and we needed to Deny Melbourne the better pick. They got Trengove and he is going to be one hell of a player.

So now you are condoning cheating, not just for our own gain but also to deny others.

All it would have meant is that we would have had to make a decision on Trengove or Martin and we still may have taken Martin.

I think it's a bit early to call which one is the better choice,they both look like they could be very good players, or are you saying that you already think Martin is no good?

we have a difference of opinion, your way sees us get no where our way would of seen us improve. if you want to see us stay poo for another 3 decades thats up to you but some of us want to see us succeed.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 06:51:34 PM »
I'll try to put it another way.

If you believe that we need to cheat to be successful, I understand that. I dont agree with it, but i understand that.
You are dirty on Mcmahon for kicking that goal and the way the team celebrated, probably because up until recently you thought like many, that that cost us a priority pick?

Although I dont agree with it, I can understand it.

What I can't understand is than now you are dirty because it gave Melbourne something. Didn't cost us anything, but gave them something?

If your happy to see your team lose to gain something... well yeah, OK, whatever floats your boat.
But to want them to loose just to stop someone else from getting something, something that you are not even losing, is just skin off your nose to spite your face sort of stuff.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »
All I know that when you are competing against someone whether its playing a hand of poker or in this case AFL its about getting an advantage over your opponent and utilizing it, so if that means we prevented Melbourne getting a priortiy pick or any other club so be it. It's not only beating your opponent on the field it's about beating them off it. It's all a business. You don't see other clubs financially helping stricken clubs off with handouts or use of their facilities or players. Dog eat dog world and I feel had Richmond the capacity and foresight to lose the Nth and Melbourne game we would have finished bottom and had pick 1 and a priority pick at 17 or 18 especially with Freo us Melb Nth and WC all playing against one another in the run home. Not disappointed with Martin anything but, but I don't think anyone here would not have been buoyant with the prospect of having Scully or Trengove and another pick at 17 and then at 18 which in effect could be a player who could have been on another teams list and may the difference between us and them getting the ultimate prize. Someone will always get that ultimate prize but the key is to find the way to get their yourself as well as making sure you knock off your opponents b/c everyone wants to knock you off your perch just as when your nowhere near that prize everyone wants to keep you down near the bottom.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Richo turns up heat on battling Crows (Adelaide Advertiser)
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2010, 04:30:19 PM »
Richo turns up heat on battling Crows

* Zac Milbank
    * May 06, 2010

FORMER Richmond ace Matthew Richardson has turned up the heat on Adelaide, declaring there's more pressure on the Crows to win Sunday's battle for the wooden spoon against the Tigers at AAMI Stadium.

Noting Adelaide's disastrous - and unexpected - 0-6 win-loss record after many pundits tipped the Crows to finish in the top four, Richardson can sense the drought-breaking expectation is building in South Australia.

"I think because it's their (Adelaide's) home crowd and they are 0-6 there is a bit more pressure on them," said Richardson, now commentating with Channel Seven.

"The Tigers are travelling interstate and coming off a bad loss (to Geelong) so Adelaide will be favourites. That puts more pressure on them."

Given the Crows' massive supporter base is eager for an opening victory, Richardson - who knows exactly how passionate Richmond fans are - has forecast an adverse reaction should the Tigers cause an upset.

"I'm assuming that wouldn't go down well in Adelaide," he said.

"From what you see in Melbourne, there's a fair bit of pressure starting to build over there, so I'm sure they want to get a win this week, as Richmond do.

"Obviously the Crows had high expectations going into the season - most people had them in the finals. I certainly had them in my top six, so they're clearly not going as well as we thought they would this year."

Adelaide utility Scott Stevens said the playing group had not mentioned the possibility of sitting 16th on Sunday night should the Crows succumb to the struggling Tigers.

"That's the first time anyone's brought it up, you mentioning it right there," Stevens said in response to a journalist's question.

"We're just focused on getting out there and playing like we did for three quarters against Port because we enjoyed the way it felt when we played like that and that's what we'll focus on."

Richardson - who retired last year after booting 800 goals in 282 AFL games - is a firm believer Richmond can chalk up its opening win despite losing to Geelong by 108 points on Sunday.

"I think they can," Richardson said.

"Last week was disappointing so I think they will be pretty keen to not put in another performance like that.

"The week before that against Fremantle they were very competitive in the first half. If they can string four quarters together, which they haven't quite been able to do this year, they can put in a really good showing."

Adelaide has been listed by bookmaker Tattsbet as $1.19 frontunner to win the twilight clash, with Richmond the $4.60 outsider.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/richo-turns-up-heat-on-battling-crows/story-e6frecoc-1225862922917

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2010, 10:31:38 PM »
hope we dont lose like Melb did to the Doggies would rather by 10 goals than that

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2010, 10:34:34 PM »
hope we dont lose like Melb did to the Doggies would rather by 10 goals than that
Thanks for ruining the result for me, I was watching the delayed telecast

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 08:32:34 AM »
I'm glad Melbourne lost. Bunch of toffee-nosed,tanking cheats, singing our theme song when we gifted them Trengove last year!!!

Ramps

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2010, 09:55:22 AM »
I'm glad Melbourne lost. Bunch of toffee-nosed,tanking cheats, singing our theme song when we gifted them Trengove last year!!!

thats not there fault- t hat was our fault and it showed the dumbness of our players when they were celebrating like idiots after the mcmahon goal

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »

thats not there fault- t hat was our fault and it showed the dumbness of our players when they were celebrating like idiots after the mcmahon goal
I know, doesn't it make you sick that players showed pride in their team and integrity rather than tanking for better picks?  When will they learn?  We been at the bottom half of the ladder for so  long we should of built a super team by now, times over for excuses, its time to get on with it.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Team for Round 7 - Foley, Simmo, McGuane, Morton out
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2010, 04:54:35 PM »
Points to Nahas and Edwards, goal to White. Good start.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Team for Round 7 - Foley, Simmo, McGuane, Morton out
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2010, 05:12:54 PM »
best quarter of tackling in a quarter ive seen in a while. hunting in numbers. about stuffin time
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2010, 05:29:09 PM »
It would be nice if the umps pointed the right way when they give a free.

It would also be nice if we could kick straight. 8 scoring shots to 4 and we're behind  :banghead.

McGuane two turnovers in the past 5 minutes  ::). Hello GC17.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

jackstar is back again

« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »
Vickery getting flogged in the ruck.
Hopless in fact.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2010, 05:32:10 PM »

McGuane two turnovers in the past 5 minutes  ::). Hello GC17.

Polo can go with him, goal from his turnover.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2010, 05:33:07 PM »
Vickery getting flogged in the ruck.
Hopless in fact.

Boy against a man, don't be stupid.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"