Author Topic: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]  (Read 10223 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Winless Vs Winless
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 06:11:41 PM »
When we play The crows and lets say we win... crows at the bottom of the ladder and they might get pick four .. some thing we REALLY need .. SO do we really want to win .. i would be happy to win but lets think of the consequences  :-\

The difference between 4th pick and 5th?  No difference.  Win as many as we can.

I disagree - there seems to be a gap between the first 4 and the 6th player in the draft this year.

Between Morabito and Rohan?  How on earth can you possibly tell that at this stage of their respective careers?

I could counter by saying that in 2008 there was a gap between 4th (Hamish Hartlett) and 5th (Michael Hurley) or better still between 4th and 41st (Todd Banfield).
Or in 2007 between 4th (Cale Morton) and 12th (Cyril Rioli).
Or in 2006 between 4th (Matthew Leuenberger) and 7th (Joel Selwood).
Or in 2005 between 4th (Josh Kennedy) and 11th (Shaun Higgins).

And I could go on and on and on and on with examples of how the number of the draft pick doesn't matter nearly as much as the work you do as a club in researching to identify the right players.

why not just go by Richmond drafts as a example lol
only one they ever got right was Dustin Martin.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »
For the club and for the supporters lets hope we win a bloody game

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 07:40:14 PM »
We won't win next week. Adelaide as poor as they have been so far are still millenia ahead of us in terms of proffesionalism and that will be more than enough to get them over the line.

Dreamtime is our only realistic shot at a win in the first half of the year and the world realistic may be stretching the truth just a bit.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »
We won't win next week. Adelaide as poor as they have been so far are still millenia ahead of us in terms of proffesionalism and that will be more than enough to get them over the line.

Dreamtime is our only realistic shot at a win in the first half of the year and the world realistic may be stretching the truth just a bit.

we will not win a game this year, and prob next yr also

we are crap, hardwick has a game plan for the stars, we are not a star team

ffs go back to basics , man on man footy, we only ever play well and compete when we play man on man footy

ffs wake up hardwick

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 10:55:56 PM »
We'll win a few games next year.
If we play GC17 at the Dome or the G next year we'll beat them.
In Qld they will slaughter us.

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2010, 07:19:17 PM »
We'll win a few games next year.
If we play GC17 at the Dome or the G next year we'll beat them.
In Qld they will slaughter us.

if we lose to a bunch of boys i will change teams ... though i am excited to see jarred play for GC see what will happen

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Winless Vs Winless - Tigers vs Crows [merged]
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2010, 10:26:54 PM »
In the Head-to-Head stats this year we are ahead of the Crows in first possessions, clearances, 1%ers  :o and inside 50s. They've had more possession over their games.

http://www.pro-stats.com.au/psw/web/compare_teams?tid1=101&tid2=112

Offline HD

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:06 PM »

we will not win a game this year, and prob next yr also

we are crap, hardwick has a game plan for the stars, we are not a star team

ffs go back to basics , man on man footy, we only ever play well and compete when we play man on man footy

ffs wake up hardwick

Hardwick has had them playing man-on-man footy all year. In fact in another OER thread he was vilified by a few people for not sending a few extra men back in defense against Geelong on Sunday, opting instead to play man-on-man.

We will win a game this year, more than one actually and this week's game against Adelaide is one of our best chances. They've been playing a terrible brand of footy so far this year and there is much more pressure on them, given their 09 season compared to ours, to perform against us.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2010, 01:07:14 PM »
The Crows crumble under scoreboard pressure.

If we can do what we did against Freo early, we'll beat them.

Give them the first couple of goals and we might as well forget it.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2010, 05:13:34 PM »
Agree about scoreboard pressure. Adelaide have kicked only low scores this year. Bring in Polak to help out forward line. Need Jack to take his chances if we are to have any chance of success.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2010, 05:17:12 PM »
Agree about scoreboard pressure. Bring in Polak to help out forward line.

Do those two sentances supposed to be related?

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 05:57:31 PM »
When we play The crows and lets say we win... crows at the bottom of the ladder and they might get pick four .. some thing we REALLY need .. SO do we really want to win .. i would be happy to win but lets think of the consequences  :-\

who gives a rats ass about pick #4?

we have wasted our chance to tank and get high draft picks.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 06:00:16 PM »
who gives a rats ass about pick #4?

we have wasted our chance to tank and get high draft picks.

I can think of a few clubs that might like #4. ;D

No point whinging about what was.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 06:04:49 PM »
I feel sorry for people who are looking forward to pick #4 ahead with more hunger and passion ahead of pick #5 or #6 with our first selection in the next national draft.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19:03 PM »
I feel sorry for people who are looking forward to pick #4 ahead with more hunger and passion ahead of pick #5 or #6 with our first selection in the next national draft.

I feel sorry for people who talk about winning culture and clapped the team off the ground against Melbourne last year in round 18 and the sang the song heartily like it was a Grand Final only to give another high draft pick to a side that has won the last two wooden spoons yet by round 4 this year they are a 10 goal better side than us. :help

Would rather have pick 4 than pick 6.