Author Topic: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours  (Read 81524 times)

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Players being linked to Richmond - Rumours
« Reply #465 on: September 19, 2010, 12:38:37 PM »
In the age of footy forums, I can't see any footy club officials giving out such detailed information like that, and if they did, they'd soon be told to stop blabbing.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #466 on: September 19, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »
More from DeepThroat007 on BF today....
and i can tell you that we are cooling on Mundy now as there are other opportunities out there and he is more likely to go to Essendon for a player or players, Jetta and Myers have been mentioned as well as Hooker, if they trade hooker expect Macguane to be used for Houli and a high pick, Brisbane lions now head the race for LM and would need to use the Suns pick in return for Brennan, Sherman will used and we will be paying both of there salaries if it comes off that way. Sydney are also into macgaune and Vezpremi has been thrown up and are very keen on Polo u could expect a possible 3 way trade Houli to us, Polo to syd and a pick to Essendon.
Why do rumours always link us to Vezpremi who has done nothing since drafted. I've never seen the attraction in him from our supporters. As for that last trade Essendon come out massive winners - a freebie pick while the other two clubs get fringe players who spend most of their career at VFL level ::).

McGuane for Houli and a "high" pick. Only if it's the Bombers pick 8 then yes  ;D

Brisbane would expect a top 15 pick for Brennan from the Gold Coast. So is this guy saying we get that pick for McGaune or Sherman instead? If it's the latter then pass. A key defender is worth more than am inconsistent midfielder. Also why would we be willing to pay both players salaries unless we were getting some too good to resist trade.

Also the another senario is for Tambling, Sherman for Tambling and the suns pick for Brennan and we pay both salaries.

Tambling has beeen sought after by others we have not put him up and we hold great value with him, we will not trade him unless we recieve a top 20 pick, so the victorian Clubs that finished high will need to trade down there mid to low 20's and get into the late teens Pick. They have all enquired about him, including Carl and Hawthorn, Saints and Bulldogs are having a fair crack and are well ahead of the Bombers.
Tambling for Sherman and a top 15 pick? That would be something we'd most likely say yes to. Those other clubs have picks 18+ so they would be out by this guy's own rumour.

WE are desperate to get as many top 20 picks as we can and then really attack next year for a quality player or star.
We could have had two more top 20 picks over the past 12 months for nothing if we had won just 3.5 games less  ::).

We will be drafting Tom Lynch or Gorringe which ever is there hence why we are going after outside mids in trade because any chance of getting heppel or bennel will be gone and the quality of Key Talls that have upside and have match winning abaility will not be available later in the draft and will be impossible to get next year with GWS and the suns in the draft and if we rise up the ladder and bris falls then what hope do we have.
You should always go best available at your first pick. Also we traded for Jordie because of the argument players A and B wouldn't be around at our 2nd pick  :P. We still need at add far more class via the draft to our midfield; not fringe players from other bottom clubs via dud trades. We still lack depth and class across every line.

oh well they/he can laugh but 2 out the 3 players will traded Rance MacGaune and Thursfeild, Carlton, St,Kilda hawthorn freo west coast and Bris lions have all enquired about 1 or the other and are prepared to pay, Dont be surpirised if macgaune ends up at the lions ( he knows and has been told that he will be traded for right price), the high draft pick or young quality mid or ruck is the asking price. Rance will be shopped around hawthorn and freo want him, but dont expect a deal to be made until the end of trade time after the dust settles but only if its for our asking price not the rival clubs he will be retained other wise.
No probs with trading two of the 3 of them if it means more decent picks.

Brown from west coast is a chance as we have enquired about his services as well, how serious that will turn out to be i dont know, he is contracted though, we would like to get a big bodied defender but that is rare.
Pass!
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #467 on: September 19, 2010, 09:01:55 PM »
I have to ask the question as I maybe missing something that happened during the season but why are some people so into trading away our backline. I would have thought McGuane and Thursty were an important bart of our backline. Did another player pop up during the games I missed that could fill the void left by trading away two of our most experienced backmen?? Can we honestly afford to trade away 2 backmen and talls at that??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #468 on: September 19, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
I have to ask the question as I maybe missing something that happened during the season but why are some people so into trading away our backline. I would have thought McGuane and Thursty were an important bart of our backline. Did another player pop up during the games I missed that could fill the void left by trading away two of our most experienced backmen?? Can we honestly afford to trade away 2 backmen and talls at that??

Agreed  :clapping

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #469 on: September 19, 2010, 09:23:13 PM »
McGuane Thursty Moore Post Astubury Rance Post Grimes

Are you starting to get the picture

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #470 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:19 PM »
McGuane Thursty Moore Post Astubury Rance Post Grimes

Are you starting to get the picture

So Grimes will walk into the backline for the first game next year will he, he is fully developed like McGuane and Thursty is he?? Rance is apparently on the trade table, sorry I was unsure how Post went this year because I havent heard his name much so he really must of come on as he will be ready for the backline next year come round one.

If it was my post you are refering to then I suppose I don't get the picture. I was saying.......just read my post again please Chuck.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: September 19, 2010, 09:54:48 PM »

McGuane and Thursfield were quite disappointing this year WAT and Moore was only marginally better.  Given we are rebuilding and turning over large numbers in our first couple of Hardwick years, either of the 3 are very tradeable and won't be missed - it will open the door for an Astbury, Gourdis, Grimes, Rance to develop and show if they have 'got it'.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: September 19, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »

McGuane and Thursfield were quite disappointing this year WAT and Moore was only marginally better.  Given we are rebuilding and turning over large numbers in our first couple of Hardwick years, either of the 3 are very tradeable and won't be missed - it will open the door for an Astbury, Gourdis, Grimes, Rance to develop and show if they have 'got it'.

Very good Smokey, thank you for that, do you think Rance will stay though?? Is Grimes and Gourdis ready to play round 1?

"Rucks:

jackstar is back again

« Reply #473 on: September 19, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »
Rance ::)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #474 on: September 19, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
Gourdis played the last 5 games WAT and he looked good I thought. Has pace but the thing that I feel lets him down is his kicking so he really needs to work on that. Grimes played the last game against Port and he played well but too early to tell on both players  TBH. O'Reilly the Irish kid got a gig for the last four games and impressed me the most thought he broke the lines well and looked good. Disposal was okay too.

Personally I think we can lose one of either McGuane and Thursfield assuming the trade is right. We also have Astbury who has played backline also this year who showed nice glimpses. Yep I know what you are saying but Luke and Will despite their experience are disposable and in the current rebuilding environment they more than likely may not improve much more. While they may have some value it might be beneficial to see what they are worth to the market and what we can get for them.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 10:39:49 PM by Tuckerbag »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #475 on: September 19, 2010, 10:15:37 PM »
We have too many of the same old school type of backmen when modern footy needs defenders to be rebounders with footy smart and good footskills as well as defensive spoilers. McGuane and Thursty don't provide us with rebounding drive from defence.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #476 on: September 19, 2010, 10:23:28 PM »
Thanks TB and MT, well thats good to know, now I realise why their names are being thrown around for trade... :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: September 19, 2010, 10:30:31 PM »
How the hell will they fit him under their magical salary cap.... :banghead

"Rucks:

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #479 on: September 19, 2010, 10:31:12 PM »

Very good Smokey, thank you for that, do you think Rance will stay though?? Is Grimes and Gourdis ready to play round 1?

Rance will depend on if we get inquiries/interest from other clubs - he may have a little value and he may have a bit of improvement in him - all crystal ball stuff with Rance I'm afraid.  Grimes is still very young and may spend a fair bit of the year at Coburg unless he comes on quicker than normal/expected.  Gourdis most definitely can play Round 1 - it will all depend on his pre-season and whether he actually has the ability to step up.  The main thing is that we move on either of McGuane or Thursfield to free up a spot that will allow us to view each contender over a number of games.