Author Topic: Wallace's list management review of the Tigers  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Wallace's list management review of the Tigers
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 05:42:50 PM »
I'm looking forward to him getting a game soon. The Richmond forums will go feral.  :lol :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:47 AM »
Turner was famous for his amazing atmospheric paintings, huge skies, clouds with the sun behind breaking through and that stuff.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2010, 01:14:16 AM »
The main deficiency in our game is our uncontested possession. We are doing fine on contested possession. So, first and foremost, we need blokes that can dispose effectively. That is what our recruiters will be largely focussing on in the next two drafts.

Isn't there someone running around for Coburg with good disposal  :o

Jimmy O'Rielly ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
Plough was on SEN this arvo talking about how Richmond stuffed up their recruiting prior to his arrival as coach.

1998: Traded first pick away for Biddiscombe. Pick ended up being used by Sydney to select Jude Bolton.

2001: First pick in the super draft wasn't until selection 33 which was David Rodan which admitted is no longer there.

2002: Traded first pick away again and only had one pick in the top 50.

2003: Traded first pick away again [Ed. Terry must have forgot that pick was used to get Browny].

So that's four years in six Richmond failed to bring in any top talented kids. That doesn't just cripple you for 4 years it ends up being like 8 years.

That's why when he came in we made a pact to never trade away our first pick each year. These first picks - Riewoldt, Deledio, Cotchin and Martin (which he admitted he didn't have anything to do with) are now leading the Tigers resurgence with a crop of others around them supporting them.

Plough also said Richmond is two years ahead of Melbourne in their rebuild. Our better players are now 21-22 y.o. whereas Scully and Trengove and alike are 19-20 y.o.

Of the current bottom six sides Richmond are now the most attractive to coach for the future.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 07:11:45 PM »
Atley will be a magnificent pick up even for pick 4. Hard worker with his successful athletic background in hurdles. Will be a really good player in the carnival seemed to always have a heap of time with his possessions. Only negative is his willingness for contact was a bit touchy at stages where I thought he could have gone a bit harder. Alongside, Jacko, Cotch, Martin and I don't think that would be needed anyway.

Id be very happy for us to use our first pick on Atley.

Pitt is too small and doesn't seem to have Atley's skill, pace wise he's up there.

Polec looks bigger, stands a bit taller and has good hip strength compared to the other 2. Skill wise not as god as Atley, but positioning is very very good. Is always where he should be as an outside mid for a handball recieve, never ball hunts.

Im a big wrap for Gaff if we can get him but if we can't, Atley would be a great pick up.
Go Tigers!

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:38 PM »
Atley will be a magnificent pick up even for pick 4. Hard worker with his successful athletic background in hurdles. Will be a really good player in the carnival seemed to always have a heap of time with his possessions. Only negative is his willingness for contact was a bit touchy at stages where I thought he could have gone a bit harder. Alongside, Jacko, Cotch, Martin and I don't think that would be needed anyway.

Id be very happy for us to use our first pick on Atley.

Pitt is too small and doesn't seem to have Atley's skill, pace wise he's up there.

Polec looks bigger, stands a bit taller and has good hip strength compared to the other 2. Skill wise not as god as Atley, but positioning is very very good. Is always where he should be as an outside mid for a handball recieve, never ball hunts.

Im a big wrap for Gaff if we can get him but if we can't, Atley would be a great pick up.

The way we're going, we wont have a pick till maybe pick 10 or 12 and probably miss out on both Atley and Gaff.

GO TIGES!!!

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 08:28:41 PM »
Atley was the one I was looking at too.

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: July 15, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »
Can't think of any good recruits we have got from Geelong in recent times. Neeld, Biddiscombe and kent Kingsley were not good pick ups

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 08:26:31 AM »
Plough was on SEN this arvo talking about how Richmond stuffed up their recruiting prior to his arrival as coach.

1998: Traded first pick away for Biddiscombe. Pick ended up being used by Sydney to select Jude Bolton.

2001: First pick in the super draft wasn't until selection 33 which was David Rodan which admitted is no longer there.

2002: Traded first pick away again and only had one pick in the top 50.

2003: Traded first pick away again [Ed. Terry must have forgot that pick was used to get Browny].

So that's four years in six Richmond failed to bring in any top talented kids. That doesn't just cripple you for 4 years it ends up being like 8 years.

That's why when he came in we made a pact to never trade away our first pick each year. These first picks - Riewoldt, Deledio, Cotchin and Martin (which he admitted he didn't have anything to do with) are now leading the Tigers resurgence with a crop of others around them supporting them.

Plough also said Richmond is two years ahead of Melbourne in their rebuild. Our better players are now 21-22 y.o. whereas Scully and Trengove and alike are 19-20 y.o.

Of the current bottom six sides Richmond are now the most attractive to coach for the future.

what about the "pact" to trade away for duds like mclovin
you forgot about that did you Loser

Kinglsy
JON
Hislop
Thomson
the list of duds under the tanned one goes on and on and on

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »
Wallace is now like John Elliot.

Nothing pertinent to say, cannot be trusted and well past it in the public eye.

Credibility has long gone. Ignorance is bliss.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 04:22:28 AM »
As much as the Tiger faithful hates Plough, he was right about the recruiting during the late 90s and early 2000s. Our list was decimated with very few kids coming through. Thanks Beck, Geisch and Spud  ::). The problem though with Terry's response is although most of current side was recruited under his reign he failed to mention the flip-flop recruiting during his tenure where as a club we couldn't decide from year to year whether we were in full-on rebuild mode or gunning for finals and in the end did neither. It's one of the two main reasons why he is no longer our coach.
A newly arrived coach has to make the most of his honeymoon period to turnover the list while fans will still tolerate loses for the good of the cause in the long-term.

The way we're going, we wont have a pick till maybe pick 10 or 12 and probably miss out on both Atley and Gaff.
Agree Mikee. The stupidity of the draft system penalising bottom sides who win games in the back end of season even though they have no chance of finals. The GC hogging the draft makes this penalty even worse this year. Why I still believe we should aim for a bottom 3 finish.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

tony_montana

« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 10:07:07 AM »

great, last time he said this about our list vs Hawthorn the other mob won a GF and we're still rebuilding  :banghead
 :lol :lol

Ramps

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:06 PM »
Melbourne will be screwed in a couple of years when Adelaide targets Trengove and Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon target Scully.

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
he had his chance an blew it, he needs to be  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2010, 06:04:05 PM »
Melbourne will be screwed in a couple of years when Adelaide targets Trengove and Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon target Scully.
Sometime in 2016 ...

"Back-to-back premiers Richmond have secured the services of Tom Scully who crosses to the Tigers as a free agent. I grew up barracking for the Tigers and it's great to finally be able to play for a big successful club like Richmond in front of a packed MCG crowd"

We can dream Ramps  :lol
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd