Author Topic: NAB Cup  (Read 30468 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: NAB Cup
« Reply #165 on: February 14, 2011, 12:57:59 PM »
Of course he's not rated yet, he's only a 20 year old ruckman and there are very few cases of them doing much for a good 4-5 years at least
Look how long Paddy Ryder was playing before he stepped up in the Anzac match in 2009, everyone thought he was a dud for the first 3 years, he's also shorter and more mobile, Vickery is on more of a traditional ruckman development path.
If he's not showing anything by the 2013 season then I'll start to worry

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: February 14, 2011, 02:15:12 PM »
Moron was good, Connors not bad ...

You got something against Mitch?  :-\

I rate Mitch highly. Was great in the first half of the Skumbaggers game and good from then on so therefore my rating. I think this year he will step up further to become a great wingman/small forward.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #167 on: February 14, 2011, 02:18:57 PM »
I didn't get a chance to jump on last night after coming home from the game or today but I left the game feeling pretty peed off...by the dirty f%#$ Carlskum supporters behind me that wouldn't stop screaming all game. I haven't been to a game in years where a group of dirty drunken dicks and skanks have been so downright annoying.  :banghead

Someone should set up a charity where we can all chip in and buy Carlton supporters another eyebrow :lol

..and give them all their shots too! The slobbering, frenzy look on most of their faces would usually suggest rabies in most species... :help

the claw

« Reply #168 on: February 14, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery

derickx is 3 year older
than vickery

Firstly what has age got to do with it ?
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!
Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level
not so much break out yrs but ruckmen who have at least shown a bit. roughhead at wb  drafted 08. naitanui wce 08. kruezer 07. warnock at wafl really looked a player. freos zac clark very skinny like vickery actually shows more than vickery.
in fact i reckon if i went thru nearly all ruckmen on lists they would have shown more than vickery in their early seasons. the real knock on vickery is he has shown very little he has stagnated.
in saying this he has a little time on his hands but he really needs to show some sort of improvement. without a doubt he should be at coburg.
without doubt we targeted someone like derickx because neither vickery or browne are up to it yet.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: February 14, 2011, 03:20:30 PM »
Champagne effort that. The missus is in labour and it's oer time  ;D

Another Tiger arrived today with a mighty hard roar.
Could be key position sized.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #170 on: February 14, 2011, 03:21:50 PM »

Well done HRT.  :clapping A boy I take it.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: February 14, 2011, 04:10:49 PM »

Yep, cheers
Well done HRT.  :clapping A boy I take it.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »
Well done mate  :cheers

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2011, 04:46:36 PM »
He reminds me of Barry Brooks

You're up late, you have a wife gone into labour or something (like me!)

mines due 2 August. Man they are an emotional bunch in this time or is it just me. Im tempted to start making appointments after hours so i get home late..lol
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »
Also, what I seen of Derrickx after one game, he has already passed the big girl in Vickery
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
vickery in his 3rd year in the system, make or break this year, or will his Dad get him another year in 2012, Oouch !!!
Name all the ruckmen who had breakout years in their 3rd season? It will be a very short list.
Takes a kid of that size to get to 22-23 before he should be expected to be at the required level
not so much break out yrs but ruckmen who have at least shown a bit. roughhead at wb  drafted 08. naitanui wce 08. kruezer 07. warnock at wafl really looked a player. freos zac clark very skinny like vickery actually shows more than vickery.
in fact i reckon if i went thru nearly all ruckmen on lists they would have shown more than vickery in their early seasons. the real knock on vickery is he has shown very little he has stagnated.
in saying this he has a little time on his hands but he really needs to show some sort of improvement. without a doubt he should be at coburg.
without doubt we targeted someone like derickx because neither vickery or browne are up to it yet.
Sorry but you are grasping at straws with some of those selections. Either Top 2 picks or haven't shown that much, some haven't even played AFL, what a joke.
Vickery & Browne are both 20 years old, they shouldn't be expected to be up to it yet, especially considering we are needing a #1 ruckman, not a youngster who can play 2nd fiddle to an older more mature body.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2011, 05:57:12 PM »

Top work mate  :thumbsup

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2011, 06:01:17 PM »
He reminds me of Barry Brooks

You're up late, you have a wife gone into labour or something (like me!)

mines due 2 August. Man they are an emotional bunch in this time or is it just me. Im tempted to start making appointments after hours so i get home late..lol

I feel your pain.....my pregnant wife is sucking my will to live.Cant go one day without having a meltdown.
Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #177 on: February 14, 2011, 11:08:38 PM »
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
Sorry but you are grasping at straws with some of those selections. Either Top 2 picks or haven't shown that much, some haven't even played AFL, what a joke.
Vickery & Browne are both 20 years old, they shouldn't be expected to be up to it yet, especially considering we are needing a #1 ruckman, not a youngster who can play 2nd fiddle to an older more mature body.

thats it in a nutshell - much much MUCH easier to play 2nd fiddle and go up for 10 mins at a time against the number 2 ruckman as opposed to getting your 19y/o body destroyed contest after contest against the oppositions bohemoth veteran ruckman. In saying that Vickery for mine has all the tools but lacks that fire/killer instinct. Too bloody timid!

the claw

« Reply #178 on: February 15, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »
derickx is 3 year older
than vickery
not grasping at straws at all. i cant be bothered going thru every single ruckman in the league.those players just popped into my head. pick 2 or pick 8 not a huge difference.warnock aside all taken around the same time as tyrone. 07, 08, 09.

and yep zac clarke has not played an afl game because of his size. but i can assure you he shows more than vickery has to date. every single player mentioned have shown more than tyrone to a similar stage. despite vickery getting afl games.
another taken around that time norths goldstein has shown infinately more than vickery. hawthorns renouf his first two seasons are easily more productive. trengove at port.
while i know its to early to be calling for his head and im not he needs time but to compare him to his peers id say in the main hes been outperformed to a similar stage of their careers.

and your right vickery and browne should not have high expectations placed on them noone has said any different. the knock on tyrone is he should be showing something anything in his third yr.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2011, 04:44:02 AM »
I had to laugh seeing the Bombers last night celebrate a draw in a shortened first round glorified preseason game as though they had won the flag  :wallywink.

Poor Rainesy had a night to forget for the Lions. Just 4 possies in each game despite playing as a centre square midfield plus a goal costing turnover while running and footpassing out of defence. Hard to see him nor Voss being around in 12 months time. Polo didn't play for the Saints.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd