Author Topic: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland  (Read 8110 times)

10 FLAGS

ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:33:12 AM »
Is the big announcement  :thumbsup

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/me-bank-buys-naming-rights-to-tigerland/story-e6frf9jf-1225975164870

RICHMOND has sold the naming rights to its bold new Punt Rd headquarters.

From next season, the club's $20 million training and administration centre will be officially known as the ME Bank Centre.

The five-year sponsorship deal will apply only to the buildings, not the Tigerland precinct, to preserve the Punt Rd Oval moniker.

The futuristic black and yellow design has divided opinion, but Tiger greats have leapt to its defence.

"It's impressive and bold and I think it makes a statement, which the club needs to do these days," legendary coach Tommy Hafey said yesterday.

Favourite son Francis Bourke agreed. "I couldn't care less whether it was pink with polka dots as long as it achieves what it's meant to and help the boys improve," he said.

The redevelopment - boasting a pool, gym, indoor sports centre and medical and rehabilitation amenities - is scheduled to be opened in March.

It will also house the Australian Institute for Indigenous Learning and Skills Development.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 07:16:59 AM by one-eyed »

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: ME Bank
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:02 AM »
Well done to Blaisee  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 07:23:07 AM »
Good get Blaisee  :thumbsup

Any idea of how much the sponsorship is worth over the 5 years?

gerkin greg

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:50:02 AM »
Should be somewhere in the vicinity of $1m-$1.5m p.a.
Won't be as high as Colling****'s with Westpac because we aren't as well performed and Punt Rd. oval is not included.
 :cheers :santa

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tigers invest with ME Bank
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:49:08 AM »
Tigers invest with ME Bank
Fri, Dec 17, 10

richmondfc.com.au 6:38 AM Thu 23 Dec, 2010

Richmond’s exciting new training and administration base will be known as the ME Bank Centre, after the Tigers established a five-year partnership with the challenger bank, owned by leading industry super funds.

The ME Bank Centre at Punt Road Oval will bring Richmond to the forefront of facilities in the AFL, with its state-of-the-art gymnasium, indoor sports centre and leading medical and rehabilitation amenities. It will also provide multipurpose facilities to be utilised by community groups and members.

The ME Bank Centre will also house the Australian Institute for Indigenous Learning and Skills Development, the Korin Gamadji Institute.

The Tigers’ CEO Brendon Gale said: “The Indigenous Institute provides the Richmond Football Club with the opportunity to continue building on its strong historical ties with indigenous communities as well as offer important educational and employment outcomes for indigenous Australians.”

Richmond’s $20 million redevelopment is in the final stages of construction, with an official opening scheduled for early 2011.

“The ME Bank Centre partnership is an important announcement for Richmond. It will allow us to continue to invest in strategies to ensure we achieve our long-term goals, while delivering important brand outcomes for ME Bank at the same time.” Gale said.

“ME Bank and the Tigers are both driven to succeed for their members, are established in their fields, and have a strong community focus,” he said.

ME Bank CEO, Jamie McPhee, believes the partnership reflects ME Bank’s philosophy of delivering back to the community. 

“ME Bank is unlike any other bank. We were established to deliver value for money and fairer banking to our customers,” said Mr McPhee.  “Both the Tigers and ME Bank are built on values of respect and leadership. We believe in a community approach and the Richmond Football Club has a wonderful history of being a team player."

“This partnership is a unique and exciting opportunity for a strong brand like ME Bank to be part of the transformation underway at Richmond.  ME Bank is excited to be involved with this Centre.”

ME Bank is 100% owned by Australia’s leading industry super funds.  Profits earned provide a return on investment to these funds and their members.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/106482/default.aspx

10 FLAGS

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
Should be somewhere in the vicinity of $1m-$1.5m p.a.
Won't be as high as Colling****'s with Westpac because we aren't as well performed and Punt Rd. oval is not included.
 :cheers :santa

I reckon we'd be lucky if it is was north of $200,000 a year. I wouldnt have had any issue if the sponsorship was for the entire Punt Road precinct. ME Park wouldn't have made any difference and increased the sponsorship dollars at the same time.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 12:20:25 PM »
I reckon we'd be lucky if it is was north of $200,000 a year. I wouldnt have had any issue if the sponsorship was for the entire Punt Road precinct. ME Park wouldn't have made any difference and increased the sponsorship dollars at the same time.

I reckon you need believe Flags, get into the Xmas spirit and stop think like scrooge ;D  :thumbsup

I reckon it would be worth alot more that $200k a year - I reckon at least 7 figures because of the Indigenous Centre - that's the big seller to sponsors - trust me  ;)

:santa :santa

gerkin greg

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »
The Sydney Kings got $250k a year for the centre circle signage of their home court in 1995

In the NBL

In 1995

For a 3.5 metre circle of polished timber

stuff me dead  ::)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
RFC_Official saying the deal is worth "in the millions" and "also we can hire the facility out during the week for functions, etc, there's a industry-certified kitchen in there capable to feed up to 500 people. It's quite a facility, important to the future of the club."

gerkin greg

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 01:45:43 PM »
p.a. or over the 5 years?

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 01:55:59 PM »

If thats what you really think then you have no concept of sponsorship value in the real world.  The club have signed off on a significant 5 year revenue source without compromising the strong and unique identity that is Punt Road Oval (that many many supporters regard as sancrosanct) and have given every indication that they have major sponsorship(s) ready to announce in the New Year.  In the name of all things feasible, what more can the current administration be doing to appease you?   You will probably find something to complain about when we win our next premiership.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 04:06:51 PM »
And can I add a massive thank-you to the Melb Storm and their salary cap saga

ME Bank was their co-major partner until then with a supposedly 7 figure yearly deal

Got be picking up some if not all of those $$$  :cheers :cheers

gerkin greg

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 04:17:49 PM »
And can I add a massive thank-you to the Melb Storm and their salary cap saga

ME Bank was their co-major partner until then with a supposedly 7 figure yearly deal

Got be picking up some if not all of those $$$  :cheers :cheers

Brian Waldron, grifter and loyal Tiger LMFAO
cheers buddy  :cheers

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 06:36:32 PM »
Saw him last night at chadstone having a cofee