Author Topic: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland  (Read 8178 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: ME Bank buys naming rights to Tigerland
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2010, 02:39:59 PM »
Whats your guess and what would you base it on?

FWIW smokey IMHO I reckon it is worth between 1.3-1.8 mil a year

Just my guess

So if I am getting this right, the naming of the building is the same value as our major sponsorship.
I was of the understanding that Dick Smith was a $1.0-1.5m per year deal.
Seems like an incredible deal if that is the case, well done RFC  :thumbsup
A great deal if that's the case.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2010, 08:04:09 PM »
So if I am getting this right, the naming of the building is the same value as our major sponsorship.
I was of the understanding that Dick Smith was a $1.0-1.5m per year deal.Seems like an incredible deal if that is the case, well done RFC  :thumbsup

Intereted to know where you got that figure from re DSmith

I would think considering the location and the amount of traffic Punt Road gets a day. coupled with the fact the media coverage the ground gets for news etc - then yes I reckon naming rights to the new building would be worth big $$$$.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »
I would think considering the location and the amount of traffic Punt Road gets a day. coupled with the fact the media coverage the ground gets for news etc - then yes I reckon naming rights to the new building would be worth big $$$$.
True WP. Every live media cross from Punt Rd will from now be from Richmond's ME Bank Centre. I'd presume there'll be signage on the building itself with "ME Bank" or at least their logo.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 10:44:37 PM »
Anyone see the new building during the overhead pans from Punt Rd to the MCG for the cricket?  Really stands out and looks fantastic imho.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 06:20:21 PM »
I was of the understanding that Dick Smith was a $1.0-1.5m per year deal.Seems like an incredible deal if that is the case, well done RFC  :thumbsup

I thought it was in the paper at $1m+ when announced in 2009.
This is what I found
"Richmond AFL team secures new jersey sponsor - Sports Sponsorship ...
17 Sep 2009 … Richmond AFL team secures new jersey sponsor, … The logo of Dick Smith Electronics will appear on the … Length of contract: 2 years; Annualised value : US$300000; Overall value: US$600000 …
www.sportspromedia.com/news/ric... - Options "

Seems light on and 2 years would include 2011 unless there is an option to scale back which they chose to take up?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2010, 07:05:14 PM »
The media are still claiming both Dick Smith and Luxbet will be minor sponsors of the RFC.....

Richmond will step up the hunt for major backers after locking in a naming-rights sponsor for their redeveloped Punt Road headquarters.

The Tigers' naming-rights deals with their two major sponsors, Dick Smith and Luxbet, have ended, although both will retain a financial association with the club.

http://onehd.com.au/onehd/newsarticles/AFL-Richmond-Tigers-start-sponsor-hunt-S-723747.htm

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2010, 07:11:11 PM »
The media are still claiming both Dick Smith and Luxbet will be minor sponsors of the RFC.....

I presume they are going with what the club said when they announced that Luxbet and Dick Smith were no longer going to be major sponsors. The announcement was that they were scaling back their sponsorship, not removing it entirely. As far as I am aware this has always been the message. Dick Smith, in particular, is supposed to be very interested in the indigenous institute and the work we do in the NT.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:06 PM »
The ME Bank logo has been added to our list of sponsors at bottom the RFC website.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 07:38:05 PM »
The ME Bank logo has been added to our list of sponsors at bottom the RFC website.

Finally  ;D only taken just on a fortnight  ;D

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2011, 09:41:03 PM »

Finally  ;D only taken just on a fortnight  ;D

Nope, it was there the day we announced the deal. You just werent looking :)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »

Er nope bottom of the main page it wasn't and it still isn't on the Corporate Partners page  ;D

Actually it raises a question Mr RFCO - if Dick Smith & Luxbet are continuing in lesser sponsor roles why aren't they still on the web-site (bottom main page & Partners page)? 

Offline RFC_Official

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »

Er nope bottom of the main page it wasn't and it still isn't on the Corporate Partners page  ;D

Actually it raises a question Mr RFCO - if Dick Smith & Luxbet are continuing in lesser sponsor roles why aren't they still on the web-site (bottom main page & Partners page)? 

I can tell you it was on the main page as I uploaded it there on the morning of the announcement. Dick Smith and Luxbet are definitely still on board, we've just had to remove them from areas where we had places for major partners. In terms of the bottom of the website, theyre no longer top tier patrners, and the partners page Im not sure...

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2011, 10:30:29 AM »
I can tell you it was on the main page as I uploaded it there on the morning of the announcement. Dick Smith and Luxbet are definitely still on board, we've just had to remove them from areas where we had places for major partners. In terms of the bottom of the website, theyre no longer top tier patrners, and the partners page Im not sure...

Hmmm fair enough - will admit I am confused (doesn't take much I know).

I certainly saw the logo on the actual article on the main page; that is when the announcement was made

But I only saw the ME logo at the bottom on the main page with other sponsors (Lite & Easy, KooGa, Hostplus, etc see I know how to plug sponsors  ;)  ;D) on the day Mr One-Eyed posted about it. Up until then the logo wasn't appearing on my computer and I'd been checking every day

Doesn't matter really - it's a great sponsorship get by the Club  :clapping :clapping

Well done RFC

:gotigers

tony_montana

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »

I thought it was in the paper at $1m+ when announced in 2009.
This is what I found
"Richmond AFL team secures new jersey sponsor - Sports Sponsorship ...
17 Sep 2009 … Richmond AFL team secures new jersey sponsor, … The logo of Dick Smith Electronics will appear on the … Length of contract: 2 years; Annualised value : US$300000; Overall value: US$600000 …
www.sportspromedia.com/news/ric... - Options "

Seems light on and 2 years would include 2011 unless there is an option to scale back which they chose to take up?

pretty sure it was in the 1-1.5mill per annum combined with luxbet. Eitherway most importantly we are increasing our corporate income. Well done to B.Gale and the team down there  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 11:02:34 AM »
Here's the logo for the Centre

and latest pic

http://cms.richmondfc.com.au/Portals/0/IMG_6699.JPG