Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 65228 times)

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 08:25:27 PM »
Two questions:

How did the $4million debt happen?
What safeguards are in place to prevent a recurrence?

this happened in the final 2-3 years of Casey's tenure when he increased expenditure without income increasing - i recall in one year we were about 2.5 in the red

What expenditure? Your statement explains nothing.
Gee we spent more than we had, wow that would create a debt.
Was that 2-3 years while March was Vice president and Cameron was Treasurer?

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 08:35:59 PM »
Just arrived back from the Fan Night too. Firstly I was very impressed by the new board room we were ushered into. The Premiership Cups were on diplay along with other significant memorabila. The balcony that the room spilled out onto was a source of inspiration for one of Benny's passionate visions where he said our next cup will be presented to the jubulant fans who would look up from the new Punt Rd ground below.

We were all given drinks and food (who was served by a remarkably attractive blond lass - morale lifter perhaps :shh  ;) ) and we were presented a broucher which outlined the new 'Fighting Tiger Fund' (sent to all members early next week). Benny spoke to us about the club vision and rationale behind the push.

The first step is to draw donations from the rank and file ($10, $20, $50 or $100 etc). The next step is to invite our wealthy backers to the opening of the new facilities. It is hoped that these more financially capable personalities will be inspired by what the common supporters were willing to give and collectively donate the remainder of the debt balance.

From this point the club will then evaluate the next steps which will include a large fundraiser revolving around the Carlton game plus other events throughout the year.

The reason why we were invited were because of our use of the digital media ie Tiger Forums. They wanted our support and suggestions on such mediums use. I made a few suggestions (time will tell whether these will be adopted) and others also offered suggestions plus asked questions about the use of the raised money, punt roads redevelopment, etc

If you have any questions I, plus any others who attended i'm sure, would be more than willing to reply.

Thanks

Stripes

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 08:41:52 PM »
Two questions:

this happened in the final 2-3 years of Casey's tenure when he increased expenditure without income increasing - i recall in one year we were about 2.5 in the red

Apologies I dont have the fine print ::) I cant be bothered researching quotes to appease you but speaking broadly IT HAPPENED IN THE FINAL 2-3 YEARS OF CASEY'S TENURE WHEN he OVERSAW AN INCREASE IN EXPENDITURE WHICH WASNT SUSTAINABLE - prior to that we had very little debt if i recall correctly.....thats it in a nutshell you rude demanding little turd
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:57:28 PM by tony_montana »

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 08:58:53 PM »
yes I concur TM, a blight on our recent history was the CC era, set the club back in more ways than one
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 08:59:24 PM »
Can I say I am a little disappointed with how this has been launched

To me this should come out to the memebers first or at least at the same time it appears in the newspapers and on the web-site whether this is via an email or a letter.

If we (members & supporters) come first as we keep being told then IMHO we should have been told first

Just my take

Fire away  ;D

having just returned from the fan night, that was the original plan however they weren't assured of the front and back page on Herald Sun had they waitied...easy choice huh

Beat me to it bj17 - I 've only just got home

Yes it was clearly explained that the plan was to go to the members first but that plan got de-railed. Fair enough too

I'm a bit disappointed that the only thing that's been announced is that the club is holding out their hand to the supporters again
I was under the impression that there was meant to be far more to this plan than just asking for donations

He's my Hero as covered it well

There is going to be a very detailed and professional campaign for this.

We have only seen the first part. The first part as Benny explained was the club wanted to go to the membership first because we deserve that, they aren't forcing people to donate just asking people to consider it. The corporates etc will be approached. There will be a number of functions during the course of the season. there's still plenty to come  

Next stage is a full mail out and people should receive that by Monday

They also acknowledged that there had been problems with the web-site and the ability to lodge donations. Apologies were made and the club has spent all day trying to get this sorted and it all should be done by tomoroow morning

I have a copy of the donation form that can be returned to the club - anyone not a member who wants to contribute send me a PM and I will email you a copy of the donation form if that helps

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
yes I concur TM, a blight on our recent history was the CC era, set the club back in more ways than one

whatever it's done and it's dusted

As Benny said tonight he's not interested in the past and pointing fingers of blame he and his team & the CLub are about the now and the future

"Right here; right now" was his motto

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »
Can I say I am a little disappointed with how this has been launched

To me this should come out to the memebers first or at least at the same time it appears in the newspapers and on the web-site whether this is via an email or a letter.

If we (members & supporters) come first as we keep being told then IMHO we should have been told first

Just my take

Fire away  ;D

having just returned from the fan night, that was the original plan however they weren't assured of the front and back page on Herald Sun had they waitied...easy choice huh

Beat me to it bj17 - I 've only just got home

Yes it was clearly explained that the plan was to go to the members first but that plan got de-railed. Fair enough too

I'm a bit disappointed that the only thing that's been announced is that the club is holding out their hand to the supporters again
I was under the impression that there was meant to be far more to this plan than just asking for donations

He's my Hero as covered it well

There is going to be a very detailed and professional campaign for this.

We have only seen the first part. The first part as Benny explained was the club wanted to go to the membership first because we deserve that, they aren't forcing people to donate just asking people to consider it. The corporates etc will be approached. There will be a number of functions during the course of the season. there's still plenty to come  

Next stage is a full mail out and people should receive that by Monday

They also acknowledged that there had been problems with the web-site and the ability to lodge donations. Apologies were made and the club has spent all day trying to get this sorted and it all should be done by tomoroow morning

I have a copy of the donation form that can be returned to the club - anyone not a member who wants to contribute send me a PM and I will email you a copy of the donation form if that helps

So where were you sitting WP?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2011, 09:15:07 PM »

At the table stripes  ;D

Hopefully the next time they have one of these things they will be able to use the new venue. The boardroom was a little cramped don't you think

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »

At the table stripes  ;D

Hopefully the next time they have one of these things they will be able to use the new venue. The boardroom was a little cramped don't you think

Fine for me. I was sitting in a comfy chair like yourself but I agree, if they have that sort turnout again, they may need to move the meeting elsewhere. Did you pick who I was?  :whistle

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 09:44:27 PM »

whatever it's done and it's dusted

As Benny said tonight he's not interested in the past and pointing fingers of blame he and his team & the CLub are about the now and the future

"Right here; right now" was his motto

Thats why you have eyes in the front of your head - not the back!!!!
Good to hear that there is more to the campaign than the supporter donation
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »
The donation website needs to be fixed ASAP! you shouldn't have to create an account to donate you should just be able to give your card details and the amount you want to give and BANG all done! I have now tried twice and I cant because my email address is already registered and I have forgot my password! Twice I have clicked on the forgot password lint to be told an new one will be emailed but I have seen nothing as yet??

Also a mate who is a member of another club was going to throw a few bucks toward the plight but backed out after he saw he had to create an account, he said he was happy to donate but didn't want the club to hassle him with email's once his address was in the system  :banghead :bangheadI will go around there and tomorrow and grab some cash from him now he has comited, but thats not the point.....

10 FLAGS

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 09:58:47 PM »
After the club gets this cash and pays out the debts it needs to consider where it can find recurring non core business revenues from. Richmond needs to consider investing in some outside businesses that will provide annual revenue streams. The club will get 50,000 members this year probably, in time 75,000 members with a supporter base in excess of 500,000 people across the nation, they need to work out what type of services they can supply to this market and monetise all those ideas.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
After the club gets this cash and pays out the debts it needs to consider where it can find recurring non core business revenues from. Richmond needs to consider investing in some outside businesses that will provide annual revenue streams. The club will get 50,000 members this year probably, in time 75,000 members with a supporter base in excess of 500,000 people across the nation, they need to work out what type of services they can supply to this market and monetise all those ideas.

They are already planning for that Flagman  :thumbsup

The donation website needs to be fixed ASAP! you shouldn't have to create an account to donate you should just be able to give your card details and the amount you want to give and BANG all done! I have now tried twice and I cant because my email address is already registered and I have forgot my password! Twice I have clicked on the forgot password lint to be told an new one will be emailed but I have seen nothing as yet??

Also a mate who is a member of another club was going to throw a few bucks toward the plight but backed out after he saw he had to create an account, he said he was happy to donate but didn't want the club to hassle him with email's once his address was in the system  :banghead :bangheadI will go around there and tomorrow and grab some cash from him now he has comited, but thats not the point.....

Please read my previous post on this. The club are aware of the problems and have spent most of today working on getting it sorted & fixed and it should all be done by tomorrow morning

Fine for me. I was sitting in a comfy chair like yourself but I agree, if they have that sort turnout again, they may need to move the meeting elsewhere. Did you pick who I was?  :whistle

Nope and my chair wasn't comfy  ;D

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 10:11:21 PM »
Two questions:

TM's statement summarises very well what actually happened.  Casey was well known for being autocratic in getting his own way with the board and he publicly stated his intention to spend up on the football department.  As you succinctly pointed out - we spent more than we had, yes, that would create a debt.  Just as well the current incumbents (March and Cameron included) have a better idea hey.

And as for March's 2-3 years as Vice President, he was Vice President for 11 months before Casey left.  Hmmm, plenty of blame to be placed there.

And as for Cameron as Treasurer, what exactly do you think the Treasurer's role is?  I'm confident its to to keep the books accurate and in order, not to control the spending - those decisions are made by others.

Casey was a cancer on this club and the best day's work we ever did was shutting the door behind him as he left.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:13 PM »

TM's statement summarises very well what actually happened.  Casey was well known for being autocratic in getting his own way with the board and he publicly stated his intention to spend up on the football department.  As you succinctly pointed out - we spent more than we had, yes, that would create a debt.  Just as well the current incumbents (March and Cameron included) have a better idea hey.

Actually the football department under Miller only went over budget by abour $500,000 from a total loss of about $2.5 Million.
Since 2004, Wright delivered profits and lowered the debt.
Since Wright left the debt has again increased, albeit only by a half million or so.