Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 72151 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »
ooh yeah and being compared to North really annoys the crap out of me.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2011, 09:29:33 PM »
I think its a stupid article. A lot of our issues are brought on by ourselves noone else. If we build it, it will come.

Eliminate the debt yes, but ask the league to start salary capping assistant coaches, well im sorry thats effin wrong.

The only reason the RFC is still going around is because of us, the people who poor $$ into that club when it has delivered us very little.

Ramps the day clubs are privatized is the day football becomes like that rubbish EPL where the same teams win every year

I agree but I can see it happening. People will jump up and down, but all around the world the big sports clubs whether its EPL, NFL, Ice Hockey in North America, European Football Leagues - there mostly privatised. Years ago, we all used to want our clubs to hit 20,000 members because that was the number that everyone said was needed to keep going, then it became 30,000 members, now where gonna get 50,000 members and our club wants 6 million extra to give it every chance of success. And that when the AFL is getting massive TV money. Where does it stop? What happens when clubs get to 60,000 members of 70,000 - at what number does a clubs membership base actually get some guarantee that there club can not only survive but have an even chance of having some success?

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2011, 09:33:17 PM »

exactly. we're not like North at all. for one, we actually have fans, and can draw a crowd. our chairman is also a fair bit more intelligent!
Push up!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2011, 11:17:46 PM »

Look on the brightside daniel, it's a step up from Fitzroy. :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2011, 11:35:13 PM »
Nick Place is living in fairyland :wallywink

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »
what are you guys coomplaining about this blokes rant? He's one of us for goodness sake.
Haven't we all complained and moaned about something Richmond has done?
Sounds like he is venting to me.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
what are you guys coomplaining about this blokes rant? He's one of us for goodness sake.

The problem is his article is more discouraging than encouraging in regards to people donating, so for that he can get stuffed sideways. :police:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2011, 09:07:01 AM »

The problem is his article is more discouraging than encouraging in regards to people donating, so for that he can get stuffed sideways. :police:

And backwards.   :thumbsup

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
It's uneducated venting. He should probably do his research a bit more to find out what the entire FTF program is about rather than just asking members for cash

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2011, 01:55:57 PM »
This fellow is under the false belief that the club is demanding money from its supporters where the club should be taking money from the AFL, memberships and other revenues streams. What he fails to note is the purpose of this venture. The AFL give money to struggling clubs to make them competitive with the other struggling clubs of the competition. Richmond is asking for donations to become more than this.

From every message the club has passed on, the FTF is about become great again. It's about becoming the best, the biggest, the most envied. The fund is about winning premierships instead of just being perpetually stuck in 9th place. It's about giving the club the funds to eradicate the debt which anchors our club down and the funds to pour into our players, staff and operations.

If this bloke is happy to keep pretending he can't help and its not his problem but then in the same breath demand success and even a refund on his money then he is missing the point entirely. We can't all pull on a jumper and fight on the field for what we all crave for but we can find some money to help those that do.

I was more than happy to donate money because I can see the reason, I can see the vision and I can see the purpose. I believe in what they are selling and I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Richmond is a great club, we are a big club and its time we start helping the club and players realize this. I want a flag and if a bit of cash is going to help that then I say we do it.

Time to stop doing nothing and put our money where our mouth and heart is. People who want the world but are not willing to offer anything in return deserve nothing and at Tigerland I'm sick of getting nothing. It's time to hear us roar once more and time to show the likes of Collingwood and Carlton that it is time to fear us once more!  :gotigers

Stripes

10 FLAGS

« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
We will all put whatever we can in ... I will put in $200 when the paperwork arrives but I ask this ... and its more than just about us as a club.

When does it stop? How many members does a club need? How much revenue? When the membership sales growth stops ie. because there are no more members to get or the stadiums can no longer provide enough facilitys - where will the new revenue come from? And if football department costs go up say $1 million to $2 million a year - where will the supporters get the money from to fund the clubs?

My view is that we should fund our club but lets be truthful about this when any club can get 50,000 members and then asks it supporters for $6 million on top - then something isnt right about the business model in operation.

The way we are going all the clubs will get privatised to rich owners within 20 years.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
This fellow is under the false belief that the club is demanding money from its supporters where the club should be taking money from the AFL, memberships and other revenues streams. What he fails to note is the purpose of this venture. The AFL give money to struggling clubs to make them competitive with the other struggling clubs of the competition. Richmond is asking for donations to become more than this.

From every message the club has passed on, the FTF is about become great again. It's about becoming the best, the biggest, the most envied. The fund is about winning premierships instead of just being perpetually stuck in 9th place. It's about giving the club the funds to eradicate the debt which anchors our club down and the funds to pour into our players, staff and operations.

If this bloke is happy to keep pretending he can't help and its not his problem but then in the same breath demand success and even a refund on his money then he is missing the point entirely. We can't all pull on a jumper and fight on the field for what we all crave for but we can find some money to help those that do.

I was more than happy to donate money because I can see the reason, I can see the vision and I can see the purpose. I believe in what they are selling and I can finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.

Richmond is a great club, we are a big club and its time we start helping the club and players realize this. I want a flag and if a bit of cash is going to help that then I say we do it.

Time to stop doing nothing and put our money where our mouth and heart is. People who want the world but are not willing to offer anything in return deserve nothing and at Tigerland I'm sick of getting nothing. It's time to hear us roar once more and time to show the likes of Collingwood and Carlton that it is time to fear us once more!  :gotigers

Stripes

well said mate. absolutely spot on. This guy is an absolute tool.

If we approach the AFL as he has suggested then we may as well change our name to the Buldogs or North.

This is about being No1 again not asking for handouts from the AFL. Salary Cap on assistant coaches :banghead :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »
Here's the audio of Benny Gale on KB's show on SEN for the "Richmond hour"  ;D

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/333750/default.aspx

Greg Denham reckoned Collingwood spent $18m more than anyone else over the past 7 years on their footy dept.  :o

Benny said any amount is welcome but liked the thinking of a caller who said $50 per member would get us halfway there and then the big boys could come in and contribute the rest.

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2011, 07:27:37 PM »

What we need is a FTFL (Fighting Tiger Fund Levy).

Would raise the money fairly quickly and give some on here to rabbot on about another new big tax.

:lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
Is that my cue '65?   ;D