Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 72153 times)

Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
Is that my cue '65?   ;D

Nah, you're one of the good guys on the side of everything decent in this world.

:lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2011, 08:33:27 PM »
We will all put whatever we can in ... I will put in $200 when the paperwork arrives but I ask this ... and its more than just about us as a club.

When does it stop? How many members does a club need? How much revenue? When the membership sales growth stops ie. because there are no more members to get or the stadiums can no longer provide enough facility's - where will the new revenue come from? And if football department costs go up say $1 million to $2 million a year - where will the supporters get the money from to fund the clubs?

My view is that we should fund our club but lets be truthful about this when any club can get 50,000 members and then asks it supporters for $6 million on top - then something isn't right about the business model in operation.

The way we are going all the clubs will get privatised to rich owners within 20 years.

Benny said this was a one off fund to try and bring us back up to a position to spend the money on the players, development, facilities etc This in turn will result in better performances on-field which will then in turn continue to generate the money from attendances, memberships, sponsorships and merchandise to not only keep competitive with the likes of Collingwood financially but also surpass them.

We have been in a perpetual cycle for decades - poor on-field performance means less revenue and more debt which means less money to spend on players/development/coaching/research/facilities which means poor on-field performance....and around and around we go  :banghead

Time to make a difference and give us the best chance possible to win a premiership and never have to worry about another FTF again  ;D

Stripes

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2011, 11:26:43 PM »

When does it stop? How many members does a club need? How much revenue? When the membership sales growth stops ie. because there are no more members to get or the stadiums can no longer provide enough facilitys - where will the new revenue come from? And if football department costs go up say $1 million to $2 million a year - where will the supporters get the money from to fund the clubs?

My view is that we should fund our club but lets be truthful about this when any club can get 50,000 members and then asks it supporters for $6 million on top - then something isnt right about the business model in operation.

The way we are going all the clubs will get privatised to rich owners within 20 years.

Dude, it will stop when we reach 6 million, hence this is the target figure we are trying to reach! This will not only mean we have a spare couple of Million to put directly back into the football club but it will free the club from about $45,000 per month we are currently paying in interest! Surly you have a mortgage? Imagine if you were able to pay it all off in one hit, what would you do? probably be stress free and live a better lifestyle than you currently do.
If we were able to raise the the six million and bowl over our debt it would free up roughly half a million a year that could either be invested elsewhere (where we actually earn the interest rather than pay it) or put it directly back into the club. Either way there can only be a positive outcome drawn from this, getting off our arse's now and sorting the debt out will benefit us forever, sitting on our hands and saying she'll be right will see the demise of the club faster then you can say " I wanna be a rico man"!!
I can't understand why people can't see the good in this???

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2011, 07:11:17 PM »
We've got ads going tonight on 3aw with Richo promoting the Fighting Tiger Fund.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
Dude, it will stop when we reach 6 million
I'm sure they won't stop accepting donations after they hit 6 million, but I'm sure the campaign will stop once the target has been reached

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2011, 10:29:06 PM »
I'm sure they won't stop accepting donations after they hit 6 million, but I'm sure the campaign will stop once the target has been reached

they've siad it will run for 12 months

It will be interesting to see if they get the $6 mil, go over it or fall short

I reckon they will get the $4.5mil for the debt easlity the rest I'll be honest I am not so sure about
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2011, 11:01:10 PM »
Will they be rattling tins at the footy? Just asking?

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: February 18, 2011, 09:26:52 AM »

they've siad it will run for 12 months

It will be interesting to see if they get the $6 mil, go over it or fall short

I reckon they will get the $4.5mil for the debt easlity the rest I'll be honest I am not so sure about
It definitely will be interesting. I think there's a few things they could put in place to encourage more donations of around $1-2000. The rewards are set at a very high mark and would be out of range for people on what would even be considered a decent salary.

I'm considering the donation to get my name on the jumper and the invite to the gala, but it's a lot of money at short notice and probably not the smartest thing for me to do financially given I've decided to sell my place and buy something bigger closer to the city. If there was something similar which wasn't so expensive then I'd be more likely to do it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's a bit hesitant.

gerkin greg

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2011, 10:13:12 AM »
Is Simon Katich going to the gala? Someone should get in touch with him, he's got a bit of coin.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #84 on: February 19, 2011, 12:08:17 PM »
i ask supporters this.
Why donate money?
The night before B. Gale announces to the masses at Crazyburn the fighting fund.
RFC were fined  for being late on the ground for the  NAB match against Collingwood and also fined for not having submitted team sheets to umpires and opposition clubs before commencement of play.Note usual fine is $10,000 for being late.
Feel sorry for supporters donating money, might as well stand out in the wind and throw it away.
 :banghead

FNM

« Reply #85 on: February 19, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
i ask supporters this.
Why donate money?
The night before B. Gale announces to the masses at Crazyburn the fighting fund.
RFC were fined  for being late on the ground for the  NAB match against Collingwood and also fined for not having submitted team sheets to umpires and opposition clubs before commencement of play.Note usual fine is $10,000 for being late.
Feel sorry for supporters donating money, might as well stand out in the wind and throw it away.
I've already donated through the GFG, they can take that and pay off their fines, or maybe give it to a nice plush coterie dinner or something  ::)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2011, 12:32:44 PM »
i ask supporters this.
Why donate money?
If true (hard to ever know with you)
That's ridiculous given the facilities we were provided with to get ready

jackstar is back again

« Reply #87 on: February 19, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
it very true

jackstar is back again

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2011, 12:45:44 PM »
i will enighten you more.
the sirens at the ground go off at intervals.
Collingwood were on the ground long before we were, as were the umpires.
the siren went off twice , meaning 2 minutes the start of play.
it then went off once to signal a minute to go.
No sign of the tigers.
I explained to my 8YO daughter the signfigance of the sirens etc,.

can tell you that my information on the night about the team sheets,was from the opposition team and they were peeed right off as no team sheets were handed in.
AFL steward reported all this to the match supervisor, result RFC were fined.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2011, 01:12:01 PM »
Maybe if they gave us better facilities than a bloody CAR PARK, we would've been out on time.