Author Topic: The Fighting Tiger Fund - "Giving 110%" [merged]  (Read 66749 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: The Fighting Tiger Fund [merged]
« Reply #660 on: September 06, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »
 :huh3

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #661 on: September 07, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »
Think Redan is referring to comments we retired $1m of debt last year, and now, with the full $6m pledged, we will be wiping off another $1m.

He is saying that the fund was meant to be a 50-50 split on debt and resources, 50% of the $6m would be $3m, however we are only wiping off $2m  :huh Not sure if this is the case or not, but I believe that is what Redan was alluding to.

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #662 on: September 07, 2012, 09:04:26 AM »
the original plan if we raised 6m was
Retire debt 3M
PRO 1M
TPP,Ressies,High performance remaining 2M

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #663 on: September 07, 2012, 10:28:18 AM »
Bitch time.

It's a tremendous effort from supporters to help the club raise this money but now that this target has been achieved, I really hope that it's the last we hear for some time that the club asks supporters to contribute financially beyond memberships.

I think it's bloody ridiculous that the AFL landscape has become so expensive to run a football side that clubs have to squeeze extra dollars out of their supporters hard earned just so as they can be 'competitive'.

Somethings gone very wrong with the game if that's the way things have to continue from here on.
The AFL comp has to run itself. Not ask for charity handouts, otherwise I'd rather watch local football.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #664 on: September 07, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »
Bitch time.

It's a tremendous effort from supporters to help the club raise this money but now that this target has been achieved, I really hope that it's the last we hear for some time that the club asks supporters to contribute financially beyond memberships.

I think it's bloody ridiculous that the AFL landscape has become so expensive to run a football side that clubs have to squeeze extra dollars out of their supporters hard earned just so as they can be 'competitive'.

Somethings gone very wrong with the game if that's the way things have to continue from here on.
The AFL comp has to run itself. Not ask for charity handouts, otherwise I'd rather watch local football.

Im not against continuing the fund especially if monies were used to create a massive investment base for the club to earn monies from, but your point about the expenses associated at AFL level are out of control is spot on. How a club turnsover 50 million spending 8 million on players and then recording a measly profit shows how much wastage is going on. 40 million bucks going to the hangers on and to people who are employed in footy just because they have mates in clubs is ridiculous. Id rather the players got more money.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #665 on: September 07, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
I think this time round it was more about generating enough money at he club to compete against the bigger financial clubs. We didn't have to do it but the message was, if we wish to compete on field with the likes of Collingwood, then we need to bridge the gap off-field. This is particularly the case with the football department.

I agree with you both though. This should not be the norm. After this round of catch up fund raising, I hope we perform well enough on field that this will not become a regular occurrence. I was happy to contribute under that understanding but the Tigers Supporters are not bottom-less wells.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »
You don't have to contribute if you dont want. More than happy for it to stay open and people can continue to donate for some benefits/invites to meet players/coaches etc.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #667 on: September 07, 2012, 06:48:38 PM »
Think Redan is referring to comments we retired $1m of debt last year, and now, with the full $6m pledged, we will be wiping off another $1m.

He is saying that the fund was meant to be a 50-50 split on debt and resources, 50% of the $6m would be $3m, however we are only wiping off $2m  :huh Not sure if this is the case or not, but I believe that is what Redan was alluding to.

Fair enough

But at the B&F they around another $1mil will be retired. So I took it mean they haven't decided on the exact amount

The other thing they said the re-config of punt road oval was costing $1.9mil
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #668 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:43 AM »
IMO, They need to get the debt below $2m this year.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: September 08, 2012, 11:56:51 PM »
Worries me the way the game is.

Craig Cameron may harp on it re the TFTF but the direct correlation between football success an expenditure  is a worrying trend in the AFL.

Equality my behind.
The AFL has a salary cap for playing staff only as I see but the off field entourage is forever growing and spiralling out of control without restraint.
Eg. who pays for Ratten & co. being sacked with a year to run on their contract? Where does that money fall?

The AFL environment is no longer an even playing field and we're all being forced to pay for it. Get used to forking out so we can be 'competitive'.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #670 on: September 09, 2012, 09:37:41 AM »
So is Richmond debt free???

10 FLAGS

« Reply #671 on: September 09, 2012, 09:44:15 AM »

I dont think so. Not Yet.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: September 09, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »
I think that their should be an off field salary cap too for coaching department, sports science etc.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #673 on: September 09, 2012, 04:25:20 PM »
that idea was floated a while back and rejected by the powers that be.
It has some merit, but medical, fitness and rehab staff probably should be excluded.

At the bare minimum, the head coach should be included in the overall salary cap.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #674 on: September 09, 2012, 08:18:27 PM »

I dont think so. Not Yet.
I'm guessing we'll be down to about $1.5m owing? Starting at $4.5m, we had a million paid off it last year then another million budgeted to be paid down this year and a further million now as a result of reaching the $6m FTF target. We want to be debt free by 2014 which is only 16 months away.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd