Author Topic: Australian Politics thread [merged]  (Read 738654 times)

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
Re: Australian Politics thread [merged]
« Reply #4380 on: May 01, 2019, 12:53:06 PM »
We knew what you meant the first time.

Still incorrect

We?   :snidegrin

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4381 on: May 01, 2019, 01:59:50 PM »
We knew what you meant the first time.

Still incorrect

Is that you Sybil?   :lol

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #4382 on: May 01, 2019, 02:42:01 PM »
Is that you, Dorian?

65 is imploding :cheers
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4383 on: May 01, 2019, 03:30:33 PM »
Is that you, Dorian?

65 is imploding :cheers

Good comeback Potsie.   :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4384 on: May 04, 2019, 09:58:53 AM »
The choice in the 2019 election is stark

Certainly is if you care about the NDIS and those who it is supposed to take care of
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 11:51:11 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4385 on: May 04, 2019, 06:28:07 PM »
What is Labor doing with climate and how much is it going to cost the country and the poor bloke down the road with the arse hanging out of his pants?
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4386 on: May 04, 2019, 09:22:47 PM »
You are truly an amazing person.

:cheers

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4387 on: May 05, 2019, 11:53:10 AM »
Serious question.

All the rich nuffies out there who have no problems making ends meet don't have to worry about Labor's climate change policies. Everyone else does.

I notice you can't tell me how much it'll cost. Neither can they!

Back to the 2s, 65.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4388 on: May 05, 2019, 12:02:12 PM »
Serious question.

All the rich nuffies out there who have no problems making ends meet don't have to worry about Labor's climate change policies. Everyone else does.

I notice you can't tell me how much it'll cost. Neither can they!

Back to the 2s, 65.

I have been waiting for the same response. He might be busy like old mate bill.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4389 on: May 05, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »

The choice in the 2019 election is stark.

1. Climate change
Vote Labor if you want real action on climate change.
Vote Liberal if you think we can't make a difference to the planet's climate so why bother.

2. Franking credits
Vote Liberal if you think people who pay no tax should get a tax refund (paid for by ordinary taxpayers)
Vote Labor if you don't think this is fair.

3. Negative gearing
We have a whole generation of people who cannot afford to buy a house.
Vote Labor if you think this needs to be fixed.
Vote Liberal if you think it is alright to own several negative geared investment properties.

4. Tax cuts
Vote Liberal if you think giving the top 3% of income earners $77 billion in tax cuts.
Vote Labor if you think low income earners need the tax relief more (than the high income earners)

65 blames negative gearing and the so called rich for the young ones not being able to buy a house :lol :lol

House prices have always gone up. What has also gone up is the cost of living hence why they cant afford it. A first home buyer can buy a house in tarneit/weribee areas with 10% deposit (20k) They cant, sorry wont, save because a lot of them are too busy eating smashed avo or dont want to live out there.

Why cant people own a second or third property and negative gear it? You do know they are doing it so they arent reliant on welfare which by the sound of it, you are. Pay taxes all their life, buy a weekender which gives them no income and which excludes them from the aged pension, but yet you want to strip them from this benefit?

I suppose you also think the rich are the one only ones who negatively gear their properties? You then believe the rich have more debts/expenses than the income they receive from a rental.  :wallywink The majority of people who own 2 properties wouldnt earn over 90k i wouldnt have thought. I suppose we can rely on bowen to let us know. Aftre all he did know what the tax free threshold is. :help

Franking Credits. Why wasnt the low income earners or super accounts opened after march 2018 included in the list who will maintain the benefit? Why should a self funded retiree who has never received income support via the aged pension, be not allowed to continue to receive this benefit? Sorry i forgot he is rich thats why. Worked his but off owns a house in rye, torquay, cowes or wherever earns not a single dollar from rent, and only relies on the 5-10k he receives from this benefit yet you think its fair it gets removed? Better idea perhaps this same elderly couple in the example should sell their little weekender then they will be eligible for the aged pension in 5 years. Only issue is they get taxed via Capital gains and lose half of it. You dont understand the system. A lot of these retirees earning less than the aged pension, will probably now sell up and then be reliant on welfare. How is that better?

Over to you 65.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4390 on: May 18, 2019, 03:26:01 AM »
Final pre-election Newspoll:

The individual seat to seat polling of marginals over recent days is all over the place and very even but they are unreliable. Going by them though the result is going to depend on what happens in Queensland and Victoria.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4391 on: May 18, 2019, 01:09:28 PM »
I still cannot believe that people are voting for one or another party on climate change.

Have they been that badly brain washed?

These are the facts whether you like them or not.

Even if we could cut our emissions to zero which is almost impossible, China's annual increase in emissions would swamp that effect on its own.

So as much as we want to save the planet, we are insignificant when it comes to doing anything about it.

Sure we will be able to feel morally better buy we won't be able to change anything at all. The cost for changing nothing currently is estimated to be $250 billion if we carry out Labor's policy oon climate change.

They are the facts and if people are happy about that go ahead vote nased on climate cange policies....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #4392 on: May 18, 2019, 05:48:49 PM »

Even if we could cut our emissions to zero which is almost impossible, China's annual increase in emissions would swamp that effect on its own.

So as much as we want to save the planet, we are insignificant when it comes to doing anything about it.

Correct but..

Real action on climate change will also have two additional effects.

1. It will give us credibility on the world stage when we are trying to talk the troglodytes into taking action (just think Penny Wong in full voice)

2. It gives us the chance to become world leaders in renewable energy technology. Think of the mass market that we could potentially supply. (should appeal to the Capitalists amongst us)

'65

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4393 on: May 18, 2019, 07:57:50 PM »
Looking like it might be a hung parliament at this stage. Remember both major parties needed to win seats to form a majority and at this stage they've neutralised each other by taking seats off each other. Geographical split in the country between Queensland and the rest thanks to Palmer's preferences up there. So Dutton in Qld will win his seat easily while Abbott in NSW looks gonski.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4394 on: May 18, 2019, 09:25:30 PM »
Got an article from the ABC to help the ALP out, 65?