Author Topic: Andrew Krakouer threads [merged]  (Read 69109 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Krakouer punished for Cat's courage (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #330 on: February 27, 2007, 03:29:22 AM »
Krakouer punished for Cat's courage
27 February 2007   Herald-Sun
Mark Robinson

MARK Robinson writes: Frustration buzzed out of Punt Rd yesterday, all of it stemming from Sunday's clash against Geelong.

If the 43-point caning wasn't bad enough, the Tigers had Andrew Krakouer suspended for a week, his kick to the head of Geelong's Darren Milburn frowned upon by the match review panel.

Krakouer is very unlucky.

In a conversation with match review chairman Peter Schwab in Darwin, he talked of the accidental nature of football. The Tigers yesterday argued Krakouer's incident was just that and will this morning challenge the decision.

They wrote to Schwab yesterday, pleading to have the case thrown out. It was ignored.

Instead, Krakouer was charged with a level-three offence for engaging in rough conduct. His three-match penalty was whittled down to one because of his five-year good record and early guilty plea.

The incident was assessed as negligent conduct (one point), high impact (three points) and high contact (two points).

If you didn't see it, Milburn dived across three lanes of Princes Highway to get to an unaware Krakouer in the goalsquare. Krakouer swung wildly at the ground ball, missed and flushed Milburn in the face.

Watching Milburn's head jolt back on impact and the bloodied face disturbed all of us, but it was an accident.

If it wasn't for Milburn's courage and application to try to smother the ball, it would not have happened.

Why should Krakouer be penalised for Milburn's fearlessness?

If Steven King had nothing to answer in 2005 for kicking Jeff White in the head, when the ball was bobbing around a couple of feet off the ground, then Krakouer and the Tigers can feel they've been kicked in the head by the system.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21293420%255E19742,00.html

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Krakouer reported + knee injury
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2007, 09:55:19 AM »
Spot on article.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: Krakouer punished for Cat's courage (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #332 on: February 27, 2007, 10:52:02 AM »
If you didn't see it, Milburn dived across three lanes of Princes Highway

:rollin
Haha that made me laugh  :lol

I don't see why he should be punished, Steven King wasn't and his kick was alot higher, Krak was just going for a goal  ::)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »
Krak said at training his challenging the decision. Has to leave or be there by 5pm tonight.

http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=316405
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Krakouer punished for Cat's courage (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »
Krakouer punished for Cat's courage
27 February 2007   Herald-Sun
Mark Robinson

If Steven King had nothing to answer in 2005 for kicking Jeff White in the head, when the ball was bobbing around a couple of feet off the ground, then Krakouer and the Tigers can feel they've been kicked in the head by the system.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21293420%255E19742,00.html

I am not a fan for Mark Robinson because over the years he has written some shocking dribble but kudos  :clapping for this article he is right on the money - don't know if it will help Krak at all but his point is spot on
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
According to BF main board the tribunal has asked Krak why did he kick at the ball so hard.

Ummm because he was playing football  ??? ::).

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Krak cleared
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2007, 06:26:34 PM »
Krak has been cleared  :woohoo

Moi

Re: Krak cleared
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2007, 06:28:23 PM »
Krak has been cleared  :woohoo
So he should be - go Krak  :thumbsup

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2007, 06:32:43 PM »
That's good news. Here's hoping he gets a similar result in the 'real life' tribunal. :-\
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Krak cleared
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2007, 06:58:00 PM »
Let's now hope Krak's leg is okay.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #340 on: February 27, 2007, 09:15:14 PM »
According to BF main board the tribunal has asked Krak why did he kick at the ball so hard.

Yes they report that he'd been asked that question by the legal presenting the league on SEN - I nearly drove of the road  :gobdrop

I thought at the time Krak's reply was a classic but do yuo think i can bloody remember what it was exactly - hopefully it will be in the papers tomorrow
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Krakouer cleared of rough conduct (The Age)
« Reply #341 on: February 27, 2007, 10:28:10 PM »
Krakouer cleared of rough conduct
The Age
February 27, 2007

Richmond forward Andrew Krakouer has successfully challenged a two-match ban for rough conduct tonight and is free to play in round one of the AFL season.

Krakouer was cited after accidentally kicking Geelong's Darren Milburn in the head while trying to soccer the ball off the ground during the Tigers' NAB Cup loss at Skilled Stadium on Sunday.

Tribunal legal counsel Andrew Tinney argued Krakouer had other options available to him and that the 24-year-old's conduct was negligent, but the three-man jury of Emmett Dunne, Richard Loveridge and Stewart Loewe took less than 10 minutes to find him not guilty.

After the first tribunal hearing of 2007, Richmond football manager Paul Armstrong said the club regarded the incident as an accident and was pleased to have Krakouer available for the round one clash against Carlton on April 1.

"It's a collision sport and these things do happen from time to time," Armstrong said.

Krakouer said he regretted Milburn got injured but was "massively relieved" to have been cleared.

In his summary, Krakouer's advocate Michael Tovey, QC, said Krakouer was "doing what every crumbing forward does".

"You wonder what the game's coming to," Tovey said, referring to the charge against Krakouer. "Everybody there knew it was an accident."

In his evidence to the tribunal, Krakouer said he saw an opportunity to kick a goal and didn't see any players around the footy at that time.

Under questioning from tribunal counsel Tinney, Krakouer conceded if he had chosen another option such as trying to tap the footy on, pick it up or gain possession he might not have struck Milburn in the head, but added: "I didn't see anyone around the football at the time I went to kick it. I didn't see him (Milburn), my eyes were on the football."

Milburn, who gave evidence via telephone, said he was attempting to smother the kick and described his actions as routine and part of his job as a defender.

"The ball was there to be won. He was trying to kick a goal and I was trying to save a goal," Milburn, who required 20 stitches, said. "I wouldn't say it was anything out of the norm."

Field umpire Kieron Nicholls, who laid an initial charge of kicking, said Krakouer attempted soccer was with "fairly decent" force and "harder than warranted" in the circumstances.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2007/02/27/1172338620853.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #342 on: February 27, 2007, 11:43:46 PM »

Yes they report that he'd been asked that question by the legal presenting the league on SEN - I nearly drove of the road  :gobdrop

I thought at the time Krak's reply was a classic but do yuo think i can bloody remember what it was exactly - hopefully it will be in the papers tomorrow

I liked Miller's line about how Krak would have copped 3 weeks from Wallace if he hadn't tried to kicked the ball.

Well done Kieron Nicholls. You're the only twit in the whole world who thought it wasn't accidental  ::). FFS Milburn could have broken Krak's leg diving across it like that.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Krak pleads not guilty - bailed to reappear in March
« Reply #343 on: March 08, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »
They were bailed to reappear for a committal mention on March 13.

Bump.... only 5 days away

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
Re: WA cops want to interview Krak over incident in Perth
« Reply #344 on: March 08, 2007, 03:37:56 PM »
Good luck Krak :thumbsup
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!