Author Topic: Permission to train list  (Read 15728 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Permission to train list
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
 :laugh:
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 06:56:28 PM »
Yep, certainly a lot of editing being done these days.....

Yes I got into trouble for my.....um...well....lets just say Wiggles comment.

Actually the real saying goes; The person was so worried he was was sweating like a ............... at a Wiggles concert.

I am sure that is fine isnt it OE??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
if he did that he would become a hero amongst the tiger OER faithful.

Edited for accuracy

;D

everyone else hates the effwit man. apart from the Lord of the rings fan club, they think he's pretty damn cool. awww snagglebags hehehehehehe...............wtf

what a bag of bush t!ts. Daniel Jackson LMFAO

go mccarthy you stud

Yep, certainly a lot of editing being done these days.....

Yes I got into trouble for my.....um...well....lets just say Wiggles comment.

Actually the real saying goes; The person was so worried he was was sweating like a ............... at a Wiggles concert.

I am sure that is fine isnt it OE??

:cheers :o

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Reinventing the Willie Wheeler (Age)
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 02:36:41 PM »
Reinventing the Wheeler
Brent Diamond
November 13, 2011

WILLIE Wheeler knows all too well the eerie feeling of missing out on hearing his name called on AFL draft day.

Wheeler, the nephew of former Bulldogs coach Terry Wheeler, was joint winner of the Murray Bushrangers best and fairest last year with North Melbourne's Shaun Atley. But the two went in opposite directions, with Wheeler attracting barely any interest despite the accolade.

He was distraught but tried not to dwell on it for too long.
Advertisement: Story continues below

This year he opted against playing another season in the TAC Cup and instead went to the Coburg Tigers in the VFL. It paid dividends for the Tigers and Wheeler is hopeful of finally arriving on the AFL scene.

He was best on ground for Coburg five times last season, delivering the ball with precision and producing plenty of class against AFL-listed opponents. He believed not many people rated him before and he had a point to prove. Not only does he rack up the possessions but he also kicks goals, match-winning ones.

''Definitely, I was disappointed like anyone else, but you can't dwell on it for too long so I just tried and had a good year this year. I thought I didn't do too bad, I was pretty happy with my season,'' Wheeler said. ''If it doesn't happen again, I'll just try and do better next year.''

Wheeler was tipped to be close to winning the Fothergill-Round Medal for the most promising young player in the VFL this year. But that ultimately went to deserving winner Ahmed Saad, who was snared by St Kilda.

Wheeler began pre-season training with Richmond this week, alongside former Pie John McCarthy, former Demon Addam Maric and Coburg teammates Pat Contin, David Fahey, Ben Jakobi and Glen Grgic.

''I'm just going to train hard and just see what happens,'' he said. ''I think I've got a lot stronger and my maturity in football has improved a lot, which has made me a better player.''

Coburg said Richmond was clearly interested in Wheeler. Another three AFL clubs are also believed to have made inquiries about the young midfielder.

''In a full-time environment, I think he'd thrive, so hopefully he does get an opportunity,'' Coburg coach Adam Potter said.

Other VFL players looking to impress at AFL clubs during pre-season training include former Hawthorn-listed players Matthew Little (Essendon) and Beau Dowler (St Kilda). Also at the Saints are Sandringham guns Marcus Marigliani, Michael Lourey, James Magner, Danny Hughes and James Hallahan.

Dowler, who played last season at Noble Park, recently signed at St Kilda's VFL affiliate Sandringham but it is understood Saints list manager Chris Pelchen, formerly of Hawthorn, rates Dowler highly and may resurrect his career at the Saints as a rookie.

The AFL draft is on November 24 and the pre-season draft and rookie draft is on December 13.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/reinventing-the-wheeler-20111112-1nd10.html#ixzz1dYLXnaM4

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 07:48:45 PM »
I dunno if its just me but Im not getting that excited at the prospect of recruiting a <180cm from the second tier comps...we already have midgets on our list, adding anymore aint going to take us anywhere
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »
Here's a pic of McCarthy at Richmond training (courtesy of RFCO)

http://yfrog.com/nuwhh1j

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »
Here's a pic of McCarthy at Richmond training (courtesy of RFCO)

http://yfrog.com/nuwhh1j

Tuck the 2nd :o :o :lol

Offline Trent Martin

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2011, 01:17:55 PM »
Hope we give this guy a shot, he can play that's for sure and has some nice size about him, wouldn't be at all upset if we took him with pick 55...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
Ex-Pie on Tigers’ menu
richmondfc.com.au
Mon 14 Nov, 2011

Former Collingwood midfielder John McCarthy is the latest player to be given permission to train with Richmond in the hope of restarting his AFL career in the Yellow and Black.

McCarthy, 189cm and 82kg, played 18 senior games in four years with the Magpies, after being selected at pick 31 overall in the 2007 National Draft.  He was delisted by them last month after they failed to negotiate a trade for him.

The 21-year-old joins former Melbourne small forward Addam Maric, who also is vying for a second chance at the game’s highest level and training at Tigerland in the lead-up to the AFL National Draft on November 24. Maric, 21, 177cm and 76kg, played 21 games and kicked 15 goals in four seasons with the Demons after being taken at pick 21 overall in the 2007 National Draft.

The other players who have received permission to train at Richmond in the early part of the pre-season period are delisted Tiger rookies Pat Contin and Ben Jakobi, along with Coburg quartet David Fahey, Glen Grgic, Leigh Masters and Willie Wheeler. 

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/126084/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »
From RFC's facebook page:

What do you reckon guys? John McCarthy has completed his first day as a player with permission to train. Do you want to see us take him in the either the National or Pre-Season Draft?

Sounds like McCarthy has been told we're going to pick him up.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 01:43:26 PM »

What do you reckon guys? John McCarthy has completed his first day as a player with permission to train. Do you want to see us take him in the either the National or Pre-Season Draft?

Hmmmm

I would hope that if they are looking at him then they would at elast see how trains with us first

Certainly wouldn't be taking him in the ND.

PSD only IMHO
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 03:35:06 PM »
No difference between taking him in the National Draft or the PSD, still need a pick and a spot on the senior list

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 06:16:50 PM »

Certainly does Mr OE.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 08:02:27 PM »
No difference between taking him in the National Draft or the PSD, still need a pick and a spot on the senior list

Yeah there is in that he he may not be available in the ND because as a de-listed player he doesn't have to nominate for the ND can just nominate for the PSD

And I've always been of the view that you use your ND picks on kids and keep your PSD to look at the best of the de-listed players
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 08:09:45 PM »
I would be comfortable with 55 if that's what it took. But that's probably just because I'm keen to get the fella on board. McCarthy at 55 or PSD and any of the usual names floating around for 15 and 26 would just about round off our midfield IMO. Also, apparently Port are interested. With individual opinions whether we should grab him or not aside, what are ways to deter them from pinching him in the PSD? Can he flat out say "I'd rather nail my nuts to my knees than go to Port Adelaide" or is the only option for him to stuff Port around with things like refusing medicals? I would assume he had more than Richmond offer a training spot to him, likely Port included, and he chose Richmond so you (well simple people like me) would reckon that would be enough.