Author Topic: 2012 leadership group announced / You're bloody joking Richmond!  (Read 8344 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: 2012 leadership group announced / You're bloody joking Richmond!
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 10:05:55 PM »
I like Jackson.

I like his toughness I like that he's goes in head first and stands up for his mates.

Richmond used to be the most feared club in the VFL.
Now they are the laughing stock of the AFL.

Until we have someone with his toughness that also has skill add to that maturity & games under their belt, then why not Have Jacko as a leader?
Who would you all rather,... Browne? Now he's a joke.

No need to pot shot the VLC. Now there's a rednut who has a fair dinkum crack even if he battles. Decent bloke as well

Who would we rather? Rance, Foley, Vickery etc would all be decent options.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 10:16:11 PM »
I like Jackson.

I like his toughness I like that he's goes in head first and stands up for his mates.

I don't think the issue is his standing up for his mates, flying the flag or his perceived "toughness" - every team needs a few mongrels

Daniel's problem has been/is his chanelling his so called toughness into stupid acts of ill discipline on the field that have to lead to suspensions and incidents that have cost us goals at crucial times during games  :banghead (arguement could be made they've cost us games). In the last 2 seasons this hasn't happened a couple of times it has been a regular theme in his game.

TBBH for an appointed leader it is totally unacceptable. Seriously, for a bloke who is supposedly so smart on the footy field over the last 2 season he has been stupid & selfish.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Bengal

• Premiership Captain
  • Its Tiger Time
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 10:31:46 PM »
Good choices i would think..  Jackson is very much underated on interNERD forums but let me assure you he has a lot of respect at the club and in AFL in general.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2012, 11:09:45 PM »
Happy to see Jackson in the leadership group .... Coburg need on/off-field guidance as well.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 11:17:01 PM »
God you lot.....amazing and you have a go at me for bagging Edwards, although I haven't for a while :thumbsup

Now get the stuff off Jacksons back, most of you have done nothing but criticise him most of last year and continually.

Obviously the players and staff support him so get on board with him, get off his back. Most of you have turned this thread into a, I hate Jackson thread....again.

At least Jackson has committed to the team....unlike another player in the leadership group.

Well done to all in the group...

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
Which playing you referring to, WAT? Riewoldt? or are you having a dig at Deledio because he hasn't signed yet? I believe it took Jackson a while to sign late last year. Think he wanted more money  :santa

I have plenty of respect for the way Jackson attacks the footy. Got respect for him sticking up for his teammates too. I'll use a quote from WilburPowell to describe my thoughts: "Daniel's problem has been/is his chanelling his so called toughness into stupid acts of ill discipline on the field that have to lead to suspensions and incidents that have cost us goals at crucial times during games  :banghead (arguement could be made they've cost us games). In the last 2 seasons this hasn't happened a couple of times it has been a regular theme in his game."

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:57 PM »
At least Jackson has committed to the team....unlike another player in the leadership group.

You are kidding, Lids has earnt his stripes with 2 B&F's, life membership and the right to leverage a pay day deal.

He has committed to the Tige's for 2012 and that qualifies him for the L group,

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2012, 12:01:07 AM »

You are kidding, Lids has earnt his stripes with 2 B&F's, life membership and the right to leverage a pay day deal.

He has committed to the Tige's for 2012 and that qualifies him for the L group,

Crap, why the hell would you put someone in a leadership group when committment is part of being a leader....not just commitment for this year either.

He earnt his stripes in teams where a one legged player would of........Not Riewoldt by the way.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2012, 01:39:15 AM »
Crap,

Utter ...  and your comment is of full of it.

It is akin to saying Hardwick is not committed because he does not have on 2013 contract.

Codswallop

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2012, 03:10:29 AM »
Crap,

your comment is of full of it.

Agree yours certainly is. Hardwick would sign tomorrow if offered the role, Deledeo has said he is waiting for the end of the year......real commitment from supposed leader of the group.

Anyway let's see how the year prevails.

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2012, 07:01:14 AM »

So let me get this straight based on your logic if you are in the final year of a year contract you are not committed to the team so therefore should not be in the leadership group. Now I am assuming you apply this rule/logic to all players? Or is it selective?

But based on your criteria in 2011 the following players shouldn't have been in the leadership: NEWMAN, JACKSON,

Is that correct or does your rules only apply to Deledio in 2012?

Are you also saying that every player on the list who is in the final year of a contract or only on one year contracts are not committed to the club or again is it only applied to selective players?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
Jackson is very much underated on interNERD forums but let me assure you he has a lot of respect at the club and in AFL in general.

Most form their opinions on what they see on field and in recent times Jacko has struggled on that front. They are not baseless opinions and fair enough IMO.

The club however has a better understanding of what Dan does behind the scenes which is obviously significant for him to be bestowed with leadership honours.

He has been re-signed so Tigers supporters should get behind him I reckon and hope he gets it together on field to compliment what he does off it.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2012, 08:56:37 AM »
Jackson is a dumb footballer with average skills

I believe that part of the reason that deledio is holding off is because of the uncertainty about the interpretation of the free agency rules.

Why is WAT allowed to think no excuses but deledio is not?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2012, 09:37:51 AM »
Good choices i would think..  Jackson is very much underated on interNERD forums but let me assure you he has a lot of respect at the club and in AFL in general.

Good Choice - LOL ... and then you say he is underated on interNERD forums.  The people who you claim to be internetNerds have put in money and kept  the club operating and the administrators who have given us NO SUCCESS for 30 years in highly paid employment and away from the Centrelink queues. The same people who you lambast are the same people who put up their hard earned for Jack Dyer Foundations, Fighting Funds, Save our Skins Campaigns and all the rest.

I dont give a stuff who Jackson has the respect of at the club because the club is full of hangers on who have delivered squat for 30 years. When they deliver then that'll be when we can take seriously their thoughts about whose respected and who is not respected at the club.  ;D