Author Topic: Rudd Resigns  (Read 11703 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
Re: Rudd Resigns
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2012, 08:09:16 AM »
I'll be the first to stand & applaud mr Rudd for taking on the factions of the ALP.

The factions are the main problem with this party. Now you know what I meant when in previous posts I spoke of the 10 headed monster.

Well done Kevin let Australia know how divisive these factions actually are.  :thumbsup

:clapping  :clapping  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2012, 08:53:11 AM »
Rather ironic really as he seems to have been the one who has fed the media stories of instability since his disposition.
The ego of KRudd is something to behold. This isn't about what's best for the country, its what's best for him.

FNM

« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2012, 09:18:45 AM »
Kim Beazley must laugh his head off when he hears how poor Kevin was knifed in the back by Julia  ::)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2012, 09:18:50 AM »
All I can say is we have very short memories. Rudd was a disaster.

People didn't take to the streets in protest when he was deposed. It was more like "Oh Well, glad that fool is gone. Maybe this new chick can breathe a bit of fresh air into the leadership." Little did we know at the time was that she suffers from a bad case of Halitosis! (and Flags, no that is not the name of a new Greek aligned Melbourne A League Franchise  ;D)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2012, 09:19:52 AM »
Anyone hoping Latham gets another crack at it?

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

People didn't take to the streets in protest when he was deposed. It was more like "Oh Well, glad that fool is gone. Maybe this new chick can breathe a bit of fresh air into the leadership." Little did we know at the time was that she suffers from a bad case of Halitosis! (and Flags, no that is not the name of a new Greek aligned Melbourne A League Franchise  ;D)

Tiga I'm impressed with the cross reference. :lol :rollin :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »
Anyone hoping Latham gets another crack at it?

That's all we need another nut in the asylum who wants to strut around with a white lab coat on.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2012, 09:45:52 AM »
:lol

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »
If any of you don't think the factions of ALP are destroying the party just ask Maxine McKew.
She wouldn't get into bed with any of them.
http://www.news.com.au/features/federal-election/factional-brutes-brought-rudd-down-says-maxine-mckew/story-e6frfllr-1225887560933

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2012, 10:05:48 AM »

yes I agree rudd was a disaster.
But I like his stance against the factional powerbrokers in the ALP.

But in terms of running the country the sooner we pee off this stupid party with it's stupid ideas & stupid waste of taxpayers money the better off we will all be in the long run.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »

;D ;D

I am actually pleased on one had that finally the ALP are not pampering to Rudd's ego and trying to protect his reputation by finally telling us how incompetant he was as PM. That's why he was "knifed" as people called it.

On the other hand I wish they had done it early as in when he was given the flick as opposed to telling us 20 months after the event; perhaps things would be different now ;D

Very good article in the Age today about this very topic by David Marr.

See:
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/total-candour-was-only-way-to-stop-him-20120223-1tqs9.html
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:11 AM »

;D ;D

I am actually pleased on one had that finally the ALP are not pampering to Rudd's ego and trying to protect his reputation by finally telling us how incompetant he was as PM. That's why he was "knifed" as people called it.

On the other hand I wish they had done it early as in when he was given the flick as opposed to telling us 20 months after the event; perhaps things would be different now ;D

Very good article in the Age today about this very topic by David Marr.

See:
http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/total-candour-was-only-way-to-stop-him-20120223-1tqs9.html
I have read this article WP and the author & you yourself fail in identifying the underlying problem with the ALP. FACTIONS.
These factions are at constant war trying to appease their own political agenda. One man stands up to those factions & says NO! 
No wonder he was supposedly hard to work with because he wouldn't bend over to their demands. So the powerbrokers had to put someone in that could & would bend over (enter Gillard).
So it's not that Rudd was hard to work with he wasn't pandering to the demands of 10 or so different factions who want everything their own way.
For this I applaud his stance & I hope he succeeds in his quest to ruin the stronghold of the factions.

I wish more members of the ALP who have been screwed over by the factions stand up & tell it how it is.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2012, 11:16:49 AM »
If you don't think factions are a problem with the ALP you haven't read their constitution.

So maybe you could read this article instead.
http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/read-the-us-cable-on-alp-factions-20101217-190f7.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2012, 01:01:30 PM »
I have read this article WP and the author & you yourself fail in identifying the underlying problem with the ALP. FACTIONS.

On the contrary Mr Tigra I have been saying for year the biggest problem in the ALP is the factions. Each of them wanting control has been the biggest single issue the party has had over the last 40 odd years.  ;D

But in this case this isn't about factions because all the "factions" want the same thing and that's not Kevin.

And BTW Rudd had no problem turning to the factions to get him into the leadership in the first place. Funny about that...

If you can get a copy of last saturday's HUN and read Oakes' column which apart from being very funny with the comparisons to "The Three Stooges" (Coalition) and "The Marx Bros" (ALP) he actually speaks about how better things run now in Govt depts since Kev got the flick
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2012, 01:15:43 PM »
Hey 65 why are you replying to yourself  :lol

Just adding another piece of wisdom to my post.

:lol

Not as good as my effort a couple of years ago which saw me actually agree with one of my own posts. Now thats how you add quality to a post. ;D