Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3  (Read 27303 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 3
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2012, 07:06:25 AM »
Manure is loaded in the tip truck, reversing sensor has been fixed and engine is warming up.....

Who is driving?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2012, 07:09:14 AM »
Manure is loaded in the tip truck, reversing sensor has been fixed and engine is warming up.....

Who is driving?

Lemme check the rental papers........ok, well I can't tell you who but lets just say he's from Tassie

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2012, 07:11:34 AM »
:outtahere

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:42 AM »
chicken manure and a warming engine :help

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2012, 12:15:47 PM »
chicken manure and a warming engine :help

Luckily I'm upwind  ;)

Next door on the other hand.....

Offline hyperlite

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2012, 02:20:54 PM »
We will beat the Demons because...

They have players out such as Green, Jurrah and sylvia who usually murder us. The only 2 guys i am worried about in the dees team are mitch clark and watts. Clark can be stopped by rance and if by some chance that prissy boy watts steps up i am confident deledio will put him on a leash.

Cotchin and/or martin will take the game by the scruff of the neck, if we need it. Cotchin took it upon himself in the carlton and collingwood match to really turn it on when needed. With Moloney out he'll have less to contend with and more freedom to smash the clearances with martin.

Addam maric will have extra motivation to show his ex team what talent he has. Extra fire in the belly to succeed. Expecting some big tackling numbers from him.

Dees currently lack leadership. Cant speak for jack grimes... but watching Trengove on the footy show last night he was out of his depth. When asked simple questions he looked lost. Doesnt seem like a leader off the field and from what ive seen on the field so far its been the same. This is where we can really stick the knife in. Newman and our leadership group have the chance to get in the young dees ears and really take control of this game.

I can see Nahas having a much better game. Was given alot of attention in the last 2 games and i dont think Melb can match that. Expect him to kick about 4 goals.

Melbourne have lacked applying pressure (and coping with it) in the last 2 weeks, which is something that neeld will be addressing. So with that being apparent i dont think it will be a huge win for us. We'll still get the job done, but i dont expect to win by anymore than 30 points.

Positive thinking!  :gotigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Brave punters plunge on Tigers (Sportal)
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »
Brave punters plunge Tigers
13/4/2012
Paul Gough, Betting Editor

TAB Sportsbet's Adam Hamilton says the money has just continued to come for the Tigers, who opened at $1.30, firmed into $1.25 and are now $1.20.

The Demons in contrast have drifted from $3.30 to $4 and now out to $4.60.

http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-opinion-display/brave-punters-plunge-tigers-171262

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2012, 05:48:29 PM »
From RFC twitter:

"[Signings] from 12pm - Jayden Post, Luke McGuane, Kel Moore and David Astbury"

"Come to the game early tomorrow from 11am for Multicultural "Before the Pounce", you can buy some falfafel's made by the Houli family!"

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2012, 06:16:40 PM »
Was listening to OX and doctor turf earlier this evening, they ghad some talkback...
One of the callers rang up and said that richmond memberships should come with a dotted line in the middle so we can cut them up during the season.
OX love it and was laughing his arse off, later on he gave a prize to the fella as he thought it was a good call...

Ox, Hairy Malaka... tommorow you will be in tears and using each others bras to wipe your noses  :shh EEA has spoken
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:26:14 PM by Eat_em_Alive »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Tigermonk

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 06:32:26 PM »
Melbourne game is nothing to get wound up about. They have been smashed by 2 teams this year & if we cant smash them well & truely then we are more behind than we ever thought. A loss tomorrow will see the biggest uproar in football history

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2012, 01:17:37 AM »
The key for us is to not think because we're not playing a top side that we can get away with lesser intensity than the first two rounds. Tomorrow is an opportunity to come out with a killer instinct and put our stamp a game with high intensity and hardness at the footy and contest and let us dictate terms. Don't allow them to get an early break on the scoreboard because we come out half asleep or can't kick straight  ::) and then get forced to play catch-up.   

The main weapon Melbourne have used against us over the couple of years (granted under a different coach) is their outside speed and rebound off the backline. When we've switched off for a quarter or so and our pressure across the ground drops away it has really cut us open. We really need to stamp control around the stoppages and clearances which we've been down in and which has affected our entries inside 50 (too many aimless long bombs on our forwards' heads which are easily defendable).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2012, 07:20:19 AM »
Well, here we are folks. D-Day as it were.

Gunna grab a late breakfast in the city and then walk across.

If we lose this one I think that's it for any respect I have for this club.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »
I have a confession to make. After my pontification on another thread re taking a stand and not going to watch a side that contains inept/freeloading footballers, well.......... my 3 boys got 'wind' of it and revolted. Their argument centred on: the traditional kick in the park,....followed by the feast of junk food, .....climaxing in the festive nature of the day listening to the grog squad and the chance to see the 'Maric's', Ellis, Morris and of course Cotch in action. 

Soooooooooo............after a long discussion they convinced me to head-off to the 'g' today. But......I have stated to them clearly that if Jackson or Edwards kills us with a turnover I will scream like a banshee!!!...... Actually, it's always funny to see them jostle as we take our seats - each trying to sit farthest away from me  ;D

Btw I did have another motivation for going that they don't know about 8).... My wife on hearing that I wasn't going to the footy was heard to say: "Great, we can all now got to '......'s' 3rd Birthday party  (obscure branch of the family)................ :shh
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:53:27 AM by Ruanaidh »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Roar
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2012, 10:06:40 AM »
Roar Preview: Round 3 with Richo and assistant coach Mark Williams... (click on their video box in the following link)

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/default.aspx#playvideo

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
Another b e a utifil Melbourne autumn day, great day
for an rs kicking I must say!