Author Topic: Where are our holes now!  (Read 11020 times)

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Where are our holes now!
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2012, 10:42:57 PM »
I here Jordy has been keeping fit.....     :outtahere

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 12:09:07 AM »
I think it's time to trade nahas now. I think he's got as much currency he's ever going to get. I give him credit for getting this far in his career but there's bound to be a couple of clubs wanting to pick him up for a handy trade.
I'm really getting sick of these mediocre midgets we keep turning over how about we get a half forward that has the body & skill of a Chapman not so easily pushed of the ball.
The club that keeps giving.

dwaino

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 12:38:59 AM »
I think it's time to trade nahas now. I think he's got as much currency he's ever going to get. I give him credit for getting this far in his career but there's bound to be a couple of clubs wanting to pick him up for a handy trade.
I'm really getting sick of these mediocre midgets we keep turning over how about we get a half forward that has the body & skill of a Chapman not so easily pushed of the ball.

Trade for Maloney since he might be shopping around at the end of the season  :shh

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2012, 06:40:09 AM »
Definitely need a talll defender and another ruckman if Graham and Browne don't improve. We need a goal sneak as well.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 08:19:28 AM »
would of thought this topic related to some of the posters on here.
the answer to the topic, between there ears ;)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 10:39:34 AM »

Trade for Maloney since he might be shopping around at the end of the season  :shh
I don't mind Moloney but he is the wrong side of 28. Would rather a younger player maybe someone no older than 25.
I would love a hard nut like Lewis from the hawks he's a proven finals performer. Or a ball winner like knights from Adelaide not a bad player and knows where the goals are. He may want to come back to Melbourne.   
The club that keeps giving.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 10:51:35 AM »
Our priorieties in order are

1. Big Bodied key position defender
2. Midfield depth
3. Medium sized forward

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 11:25:20 AM »
Our priorieties in order are

1. Big Bodied key position defender
2. Midfield depth
3. Medium sized forward

How they get these types will be of the biggest interest to me. I would suggest the first option would be targeted again through the trade table and perhaps even the last option too... :-\

gerkin greg

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 11:57:45 AM »
3. Medium sized forward

O'Hanlon whoa this kid leads all day, hands like a steel trap, golden left shoe kicks long and straight whoa whoa  :shh

Give him another pre-season and lookout

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »
Back line is too small and not enough depth, we need at least two Mal Michael size players

Just for your info WAT, when Mal Michael was drafted he was 65kgs and when he went to Brisbane in 2001 (aged 24) he was 85kgs.  We should keep this in mind before we discard our improving kids to the scrapheap and demand a draft of a "Michael" size.  Our growing kids are showing just as much potential as Michael did in his early days.

Don't care what size he was smoke when he started, I am saying we need someone the size he ended up. I am not discarding any of our back line players but we don't have an X factor player/s down there nor do we have the depth should one of our current backs go down.

Back man and ruck man.....ready made, must be our priority, otherwise Cotch and Lids will be 30 years old and we will still be bloody "DEVELOPING" (my hate word) our backs.

Get the forwards and mids in the draft but get the backs and ruck through free agency, or trade.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2012, 01:31:35 PM »
We would have a lot of trouble convincing a ready made pure ruckman to come across with ivan holding his own, unless the substitute rule is scrapped.
We'd have more luck getting another forward who can play ruck, i reckon
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2012, 05:14:21 PM »
Back line is too small and not enough depth, we need at least two Mal Michael size players

Just for your info WAT, when Mal Michael was drafted he was 65kgs and when he went to Brisbane in 2001 (aged 24) he was 85kgs.  We should keep this in mind before we discard our improving kids to the scrapheap and demand a draft of a "Michael" size.  Our growing kids are showing just as much potential as Michael did in his early days.

Don't care what size he was smoke when he started, I am saying we need someone the size he ended up. I am not discarding any of our back line players but we don't have an X factor player/s down there nor do we have the depth should one of our current backs go down.

Back man and ruck man.....ready made, must be our priority, otherwise Cotch and Lids will be 30 years old and we will still be bloody "DEVELOPING" (my hate word) our backs.

Get the forwards and mids in the draft but get the backs and ruck through free agency, or trade.

Thing is though it's not like you're shopping at Target and can just select one off the shelf.  All the planets have to line up to get the right person and if they don't, you might end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater by failing to develop your own correctly.  I use the skill and physical development of Rance and Grimes as an example - they have both improved in these areas significantly and whose to say there isn't further 'Michael-type' growth in them?  If we ignore their development chasing the rainbow of a ready made defender then they might just see a better opportunity elsewhere and we end up further behind than we started.  Chase one for sure but don't make it the Holy Grail or it might just end up another chapter in the chronicles of RFC stuff ups.  And just for posterity, can I ask which big bodied defenders Geelong have had dominating in their current extended reign?

gerkin greg

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »
Regardless, should be going after Chaplin or Merrett

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2012, 06:33:42 PM »
Chaplin :banghead

Merrett for sure