Author Topic: Changes next week for the Hawks game?  (Read 18376 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Changes next week for the Hawks game?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2012, 11:43:33 PM »
had a look at most sites and few actually talk about how much our tall defenders struggled in the first half. and it seems in the second half the times essendon went forward  which wasnt a lot they managed to score.

are you saying you didn't watch the game?  :huh
lol nope i watched it but have to admit was not objectuive at the time. have since watched it again with just a tad less emotion.

:cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2012, 04:22:38 AM »
Luke McGuane, who has yet to play a senior game this season, remains sidelined with a medial ligament problem but key Tigers forward Ty Vickery appears certain to be available after missing the past two rounds with a calf problem.

Link from today's Australian

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2012, 06:58:54 AM »
Vickery a definite. Connors for King? Post or Griffiths for Grimes. Would love it if they gave O'Hanlon a game

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
Out Grimes (inj), King (omt), Miller (omt)
In Vickery, Maric, Griffiths

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2012, 04:37:41 PM »
Footy Barometer - Round 9
Herald Sun
May 21, 2012

RICHMOND

INJURIES

Ty Vickery (calf) test
Luke McGuane (knee) 1 week
Dylan Grimes (hamstring) TBC
Kelvin Moore (hip) indefinite
Brad Helbig (foot) indefinite

ON THE BLOCK: Unfortunately Dylan Grimes, who was in the best form of his short career, could be out for some time after his hamstring went twang on Saturday night. Grimes, who was equal favourite for the Rising Star, injured his hammy as he did in last year’s Dreamtime fixture and missed the rest of the season. Him aside the Tiges are in good form, barring Jack Riewoldt. Can the spearhead regain his Coleman medal form? Season 2012 is fast slipping away from Jumping Jack.

ON THE CUSP: Jayden Post looms as the likely replacement for Grimes. Post had been trailed in attack for Coburg – and kicked five goals in a quarter last week – but with Buddy and Rouughead to contend with this week he and Rance look likely to get the jobs. Angus Graham continues to impress but can’t crack the 22 while Dan Connors kicked another four goals in the VFL yesterday.

SAM LANDSBERGER’S FORECAST: How stiff have the Tigers been with their draw? Already faced the Eagles, Cats, Blues, Pies and Bombers and now have to contend with Hawthorn and St Kilda. A 3-5 win-loss ratio is disappointing given their form. They need to start taking scalps to climb into the eight.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/supercoach-news/footy-barometer-round-9/story-fncufbo5-1226362471117

the claw

« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2012, 10:54:10 PM »
unlike most i dont think the draw has been a bad thing. in fact its almost a good thing.
if i had my way we would play top 8 sides every week of the yr. my attitude is if we cant beat these sides we dont deserve to make the 8. thse sides are the sides we truly test ourselves against.

yes we have improved again this yr and we have found some pretty decent players but wins against poor sides only papers over the cracks and i tell ya we still have plenty of cracks.

rather than wins and dont get me wrong i want us to win i think this yr its far more impoortant we find another ruckman  i live in hope but cant see it happening with the ruckmen we have outside of maric. a real genuine kpf prospect  want one of griffiths astbury to show they belong. and id like to get some games into elton.
at least one med/sml forward  well o hanlon is the hope i want to see what he can do. we are chasing a real big kpd yeah i know we have gone okay without one but that doesnt mean one is not needed. we dont have one on the list. lastly the midfield depth imo we need to find 4 mids two of real quality to go with, conca, grigg,ellis, cotchin,martin, helbig, foley, tuck, armot,deledio,any mid  not mentioned i dont rate as a player or as a mid.

this coming draft i would have had no hesitation in cutting/trading any combination of 7 to 9 players containing.
 jackson edwards  incredibly both have been re-signed to more than 1 yr performance based contracts.
macdonald is already gone
king,
white,
webberley
two of derickx/browne/graham.
mcguane
nahas
moore depending on injury.
post is another probably in the gun.
connors.

theres 14 names there and i can honestly say if we cut them we would not miss them  we get little enough out of all of them as it is atm  and none bar browne/post/macdonald  are kids anymore.. it does not include rookies like miller heslin whos gone, a maric who looks incapable of adding the strings to his game to make it. depth people it is a dirty word.

as i have stated before we are at the crux in the road. do we take the turn back into oblivion and hang onto an inordinate amount of battlers or do we cut hard and continue to do what has everyone excited. 5 nd picks one psd pick on a mature need, a couple of mature recruits from minor leagues and a a trade if possible.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2012, 06:36:23 AM »
Good assesment craw, we could potentially benefit from FA.... Only time will tell if they make the right moves
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
Sorry Claw, but I disagree. Looking at our draw, it's almost as if the AFL went out of their way to sabotage us. Of course the more likely explanation is that they just didn't put very much thought into it. As usual, their attention was taken up with catering to the desires of their pet projects.
Sure, we have to play the Blues, Pies, Cats, Eagles,Swans, Bombers, Hawks and Saints at some point. But for God's sake, why in a neverending cluster? Couldn't the AFL have spaced them out a bit, and punctuated them with a few games against the new franchises (in Melbourne), or maybe the Lions or Dockers? And why do we always get sent down to the Cattery? The other big Melbourne clubs haven't been there for years, not even Carlton when they were in the doldrums . I don't know, I just look on enviously at other teams getting soft games (hello North) and think, "why not us"? 

the claw

« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2012, 12:37:08 PM »
all fair enough we all come from different pespectives. look at our opponent this week they have played coll, geel,adelaide, wce,syd, stk,  melb and freo. 5 of last yrs finalists plus a rampaging adelaide.
 if anything their draw has turned out to be harder than us with adelaide doing so well. i dont hear hawthorn supporters complaining about draws. has a soft draw helped north to date.
when we start defeating the so called top sides on a regular basis you will know we have truly arrived. we just lack a bit in structure and quality atm and a lot in depth. we most certainly have 12 14 players to build from which is about 10 more than 4 yrs ago.
hawthorn have had their fair share of good senior players miss games and it has hurt them but they have still managed to win 5 games and three against pretty decent teams. we lose just one tall defender and we are stretched down back what happens if we lose say cotchin as well or maric.

its great to see the competetiveness the kids having a real crack and its good to see a fair number of well rounded players coming thru but we have a lot to do still if we want to build something that is sustainable not just for yrs to come but through out a season.

give me the tough games every time when we are good enough we wont be complaining about draws in the mean time lets keep on testing ourselves against the best that way the cracks wont get papered over like they have in the past.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
unlike most i dont think the draw has been a bad thing. in fact its almost a good thing.
if i had my way we would play top 8 sides every week of the yr. my attitude is if we cant beat these sides we dont deserve to make the 8. thse sides are the sides we truly test ourselves against.

yes we have improved again this yr and we have found some pretty decent players but wins against poor sides only papers over the cracks and i tell ya we still have plenty of cracks.

rather than wins and dont get me wrong i want us to win i think this yr its far more impoortant we find another ruckman  i live in hope but cant see it happening with the ruckmen we have outside of maric. a real genuine kpf prospect  want one of griffiths astbury to show they belong. and id like to get some games into elton.
at least one med/sml forward  well o hanlon is the hope i want to see what he can do. we are chasing a real big kpd yeah i know we have gone okay without one but that doesnt mean one is not needed. we dont have one on the list. lastly the midfield depth imo we need to find 4 mids two of real quality to go with, conca, grigg,ellis, cotchin,martin, helbig, foley, tuck, armot,deledio,any mid  not mentioned i dont rate as a player or as a mid.

this coming draft i would have had no hesitation in cutting/trading any combination of 7 to 9 players containing.
 jackson edwards  incredibly both have been re-signed to more than 1 yr performance based contracts.
king,
white,
webberley
mcguane
nahas
connors.

theres 14 names there and i can honestly say if we cut them we would not miss them  we get little enough out of all of them as it is atm  and none bar browne/post/macdonald  are kids anymore.. it does not include rookies like miller heslin whos gone, a maric who looks incapable of adding the strings to his game to make it. depth people it is a dirty word.

as i have stated before we are at the crux in the road. do we take the turn back into oblivion and hang onto an inordinate amount of battlers or do we cut hard and continue to do what has everyone excited. 5 nd picks one psd pick on a mature need, a couple of mature recruits from minor leagues and a a trade if possible.

In reality it will probably be something like:

macdonald
white
webberley
one of derickx/browne/graham
one of mcguane/moore
connors

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:19 PM »
Sorry Claw, but I disagree. Looking at our draw, it's almost as if the AFL went out of their way to sabotage us. Of course the more likely explanation is that they just didn't put very much thought into it. As usual, their attention was taken up with catering to the desires of their pet projects.
Sure, we have to play the Blues, Pies, Cats, Eagles,Swans, Bombers, Hawks and Saints at some point. But for God's sake, why in a neverending cluster? Couldn't the AFL have spaced them out a bit, and punctuated them with a few games against the new franchises (in Melbourne), or maybe the Lions or Dockers? And why do we always get sent down to the Cattery? The other big Melbourne clubs haven't been there for years, not even Carlton when they were in the doldrums . I don't know, I just look on enviously at other teams getting soft games (hello North) and think, "why not us"?
Ditto your thoughts, they keep screwing us in the draw and they love it. We are competing with N0rt for a finals spot, and they get 2 games against GWS and GC . . . 4 guaranteed wins, whereas we have 2. N0rt also get Footscray twice . . .  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

the claw

« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »

king,
white,
webberley
mcguane
nahas
connors.

In reality it will probably be something like:

macdonald
white
webberley
one of derickx/browne/graham
one of mcguane/moore
connors
your probably right there. would hope 6 is an absolute minimum with say newman going to the vets list. so that would be 7 new faces to the list proper in a strong draft yr. thing is it does not have to be 7 kids a trade and a couple of mature picks from other clubs or minor leagues ie morris  maric this yr. someone like tom sundberg would be an outomatic upgrade on players like white connors. would think we will use two or three rookie picks as well. this draft if we get it right we could set ourselves right up.imo the most important draft/trade period we have been in since the draft was introduced.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2012, 01:12:19 PM »
Ditto your thoughts, they keep screwing us in the draw and they love it. We are competing with N0rt for a finals spot, and they get 2 games against GWS and GC . . . 4 guaranteed wins, whereas we have 2. N0rt also get Footscray twice . . .  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

17 game season or 34.anything else is a joke

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #73 on: May 22, 2012, 01:17:03 PM »
Agreed. This draft is absolutely critical. With a bit of luck, it could 'complete' our list, or at least go close.
We need more class across the board and we need to milk this strong and compromised draft for all its worth.
Another couple of handy mature recruits, as in the previous two years, will help.
Still more work to be done with our list, but we have made strong progress. I've got faith in our recruiters/list managers to get the job done.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2012, 01:21:28 PM »
Found the magic fix for Jack & he will kill it against the dawx, mark it down ......