Author Topic: Foley gone for the season [updated]  (Read 9550 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Foley gone for the season [updated]
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2012, 09:48:19 PM »
real shame the injury gods have not smiled on nathan.

im with others why do they lie about injuries or for that matter  make excuses when dropping players.

surely we deserve better than that. i had the club ring me up the other day asking to put my hand in my very stretched pocket atm  and just lob in another $200. 00. thought to myself no i put in heaps every yr,  atm  things are tight.
they ask for more yet they cant be upfront about a simple thing like injuries. to be honest im sick of 30 yrs of constant b/s a bit opf straight up front honesty is all im asking from them in every thing they do. ah well i suppose its a reflection of todays society where everyone asks integrity what the hell is that.

correct
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2012, 09:51:03 PM »

im with others why do they lie about injuries or for that matter  make excuses when dropping players.

surely we deserve better than that. i had the club ring me up the other day asking to put my hand in my very stretched pocket atm  and just lob in another $200. 00. thought to myself no i put in heaps every yr,  atm  things are tight.
they ask for more yet they cant be upfront about a simple thing like injuries. to be honest im sick of 30 yrs of constant b/s a bit opf straight up front honesty is all im asking from them in every thing they do. ah well i suppose its a reflection of todays society where everyone asks integrity what the hell is that.

correct

X2
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2012, 10:42:28 PM »
jeezuz this site is pathetic at times. little groups all kissing each others arses. lots of abuse  pretty well veiled most of the time. no wonder this site  doesnt grow that much.
you come on here and it seems like the same 20 30 odd posters on here all the time i wonder why that is. does no one have an opinion of their own and are prepared to put it out there why do so many even on an internet forum feel the need to run with a pack. it really is gutless.

whats bewildering is  people dish it out weather thats with innuendo,  direct attacks,  sarcasm or just being rude but cry like babys when they get a bit back.
whats worse is the gutless ones who all stick together and dont have the balls to stand alone and put it out there but rip into anyone who dares to. they never say what they think about a subject just rip into those who have an opinion that differes to their own.

personally over the yrs i would have  liked to post on here more often but it really was  not worth it putting up with all the juveniles. the way its going and i reckon most will cheer i will be taking another sabatical from here because well getting decent footy debate is nigh on impossible with most it seems.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2012, 10:53:09 PM »

whats of interest also is the ckub going to the AFL before they sack Connors for sleeping in,  mmmmmmmmmmmm

gerkin greg

« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2012, 10:56:02 PM »
What is the possible correlation to Foley there Jack?  :huh

Rookie upgrade?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »
Club haven't been upfront and honest at times

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:39 PM »
Bad luck indeed for Nate. Might be time to look forward methinks unfortunately.

I'd like to see Conca on the ball for the rest of the year. Played well on the weekend.

personally over the yrs i would have  liked to post on here more often but it really was  not worth it putting up with all the juveniles. the way its going and i reckon most will cheer i will be taking another sabatical from here because well getting decent footy debate is nigh on impossible with most it seems.

Just ignore it. As you say opinions are like arzoles..

I value your contribution whether I agree or not.

dwaino

« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »

I agree  :-[

What's the success rate of ruptured achilles injuries? how many players have come back from it and regained their speed and acceleration?

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 11:19:03 PM »

whats of interest also is the ckub going to the AFL before they sack Connors for sleeping in,  mmmmmmmmmmmm

classic case on innuendo Claw dont you think.

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2012, 12:08:47 AM »
 :cheers
Need to play dusty ASAP
Jacko back soon and hang in there for Helbig
Bad idea suspending Martin
Need to write off the year and win the flag next year
I'm depressed
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:46:45 AM by WilliamPowell »
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 01:05:21 AM »
jeezuz this site is pathetic at times. little groups all kissing each others behinds. lots of abuse  pretty well veiled most of the time. no wonder this site  doesnt grow that much.
you come on here and it seems like the same 20 30 odd posters on here all the time i wonder why that is. does no one have an opinion of their own and are prepared to put it out there why do so many even on an internet forum feel the need to run with a pack. it really is gutless.

whats bewildering is  people dish it out weather thats with innuendo,  direct attacks,  sarcasm or just being rude but cry like babys when they get a bit back.
whats worse is the gutless ones who all stick together and dont have the balls to stand alone and put it out there but rip into anyone who dares to. they never say what they think about a subject just rip into those who have an opinion that differes to their own.

Like I said in another thread, take a look at Y&B.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 01:11:59 AM »
jeezuz this site is pathetic at times. little groups all kissing each others behinds. lots of abuse  pretty well veiled most of the time. no wonder this site  doesnt grow that much.

whats bewildering is  people dish it out weather thats with innuendo,  direct attacks,  sarcasm or just being rude but cry like  when they get a bit back.

And the funny thing is this is now the only site you allowed to post on :lol :lol ohhhh the irony :rollin :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2012, 03:17:33 AM »

I agree  :-[

What's the success rate of ruptured achilles injuries? how many players have come back from it and regained their speed and acceleration?
Not many have. Roughead probably the current exception. He's come back and is in career best form IMO.

From what I heard the Club was tossing up between sending Axel to surgery now so he's on the mend by the time preseason training starts in November OR try and manage the condition through to the end of the season so he could still play and then have the surgery. Seems the 'incident' yesterday made the decision for the Club. Frustrating news for Axel as he was getting back to near his best in the first half of this year. Those who decided to play him injured in the round 1, 2009 game have a lot to answer for for this  :scream.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2012, 06:40:03 AM »
A real shame. Foley was playing very good footy this year. Wish him a speedy recovery. Agree should play Conca in middle

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2012, 08:52:50 AM »

What's of no interest is you taking another pot shot in the innuendo stakes over a situation that you think you know the finer details about.

BTW FYI - if a Club is going to terminate a player mid season or mid-contract they are required to meet with the AFL & AFLPA but don't let that little FACT get in the way of any innuendo

Now back to the topic

Extremely disappointing for Foley as he was back to his best this year.

Not sure of the difference between a "partial" rupture and "ruptured achilles" but I will find out this arvo, I'll ask my physio  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)