Author Topic: A Clear Message to the Club  (Read 8233 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
A Clear Message to the Club
« on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:41 PM »
No doubt club officials will hear and see the backlash from this disgusting result, and rightly so.

I think we are over exaggerating by saying we haven't improved at all. We have improved, anyone saying we haven't have short memories. Yes todays result was a disgrace but we have improved, immensely. Using, 'Cairns' as an excuse for the loss is a cop out. We should have won that game easily as shown when we played properly and were switched on we dominated.

Fact is that we lost because half our side we put out on the park today are just simply borderline VFL players and in no way shape or form be allowed to embarress and alienate the fans and supporters of this great club.

If the 'powers at be' can't see the clear clear clear message that was on display today that the following players are not even in the same stratosphere of being AFL competitive than we are going no where.

Angus Graham, Tom Derickx, Addam Maric, Jerome Webberley in no way shape of form should be seen anywhere near Punt Road after Round 23.

Add Connors and MacDonald.

Add McGuane, White and Moore, whilst try hard are not going to take us further.

Get fair dinkum RFC and delist these players and use the resources we are meant to be spending money on and recruit more players like Steve Morris from state league competetions. These pretendors have been given multiple seasons to long to show if they can cut it and have failed on every occasions.

Leadership group played their heart out today and go bugger all support from players playing for their career. If these guys can't turn it on when playing for their career against a bunch of confidence shot kids then they are wasting every bodies time. Cut them loose.

Get fair dinkum. :banghead
Go Tigers!

dwaino

Re: A Clear Message to the Club
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 08:27:14 PM »
At least it took until round 16 to know our season was shagged

10 FLAGS

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 08:29:09 PM »
How they could rest Maric when the season is on the line and we had so many out anyway is simply unbelievable. Its negligent, its stupid, its illogical, its wrong, its a disgraceful decision.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 08:30:41 PM »
Elton not getting a gameb :-X

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:34:22 PM »
Sorry to say Exuses and more Exuses I'm hearing .Dont blame depth for the loss.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »
Get MIck Malthouse

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:36:22 PM »
Okay Pope where have we improved? Name where you think we have

I have on another thread but i will again

improvements

%
edwards
rance
Grimes

where else?????

We still lost to a rabble of a club in GC
got pushed ton the line against GWS
Got beaten by freo at the MCG

yes we beat hawks/swans/.stkilda but most years we either beat them or get very close so again i ask where have we improved???

we have a decimated culture at our football club. Culture lost us the game today nothing else.

It was the same culture that cant put away clubs like melboutne the other week.

our club is surviving, not by the likes of brendan gale and Dimma, but by people like the ones on this site who pay to the fund and pay multiple memberships to only get this rubbish dished up.

If you think losing to GC, who also has a young side, is evidence we have improved then maybe watch the game again.

Watch nahas slowly jog to an opponent who then kicks a goal. Watch 6 forwards in our F50 in the dying minutes when it shouldve been flooded with Gus that useless stuff and dericks

No improvement IMO and the coaching staff have taken a step backwards also with some of their decisions.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 08:40:20 PM »
No doubt club officials will hear and see the backlash from this disgusting result, and rightly so.

I think we are over exaggerating by saying we haven't improved at all. We have improved, anyone saying we haven't have short memories. Yes todays result was a disgrace but we have improved, immensely. Using, 'Cairns' as an excuse for the loss is a cop out. We should have won that game easily as shown when we played properly and were switched on we dominated.

Fact is that we lost because half our side we put out on the park today are just simply borderline VFL players and in no way shape or form be allowed to embarress and alienate the fans and supporters of this great club.

If the 'powers at be' can't see the clear clear clear message that was on display today that the following players are not even in the same stratosphere of being AFL competitive than we are going no where.

Angus Graham, Tom Derickx, Addam Maric, Jerome Webberley in no way shape of form should be seen anywhere near Punt Road after Round 23.

Get fair dinkum RFC and delist these players and use the resources we are meant to be spending money on and recruit more players like Steve Morris from state league competetions. These pretendors have been given multiple seasons to long to show if they can cut it and have failed on every occasions.

Leadership group played their heart out today and go bugger all support from players playing for their career. If these guys can't turn it on when playing for their career against a bunch of confidence shot kids then they are wasting every bodies time. Cut them loose.

Top post.  :thumbsup

agree with most but the improvement has been mostly off field in my opinion.
On field we still have a long Long long way to go.

The club needs to fix the culture issues, like I've said countless times before and will continue to say until I finally see it.
We have a loser mentality and an acceptence of mediocrity that far exceeds any club in the AFL.

This Must be sorted, we will never see finals or we will be rebuilding again in another 2-3 years.     
The club that keeps giving.

the claw

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 08:42:33 PM »

we have improved heaps.
 some of us did warn when injuries hit,  well its been injuries sackings and suspensions we would struggle. again age experince quality and depth are all kpis lacking at richmond.

just on the players you named i reckon adam maric is worth persevering with. geez he makes good decisions and uses the ball real well. yes theres parts of his game he has to work on.
the other one is moore bloody hell mate hes missed almost two yrs of footy coming of a cripling injury what did you expect from him. i thought he went okay and the only way he will improve and we will find out if he can play on is by playing him.

im pleased graham got a game he bloody earnt it from consistent good form at coburg.
thing is he got a chance and he showed that its likely he is gonski as was always the case.  derickx while he probably hasnt earnt a game had to be played. if we had given these blokes some games earlier in the yr we would not be whwere we are now maybe they may be up to afl speed and a bit better than they are yeah i know thats a long bow but worth saying.
jeromey webberley showed he is a good vfl player but doesnt have enough in the armoury to step up.  again good form had to be rewarded.

no good going crook at those who came in its been known for a long time that a lot of them are not up to standard and we would get killed once injuries hit.
at least by playing  tthe glass half fulls we can see they definately have to go its not as if we have many other options. the choice is promote a not ready kid or a not up to it older player.
out side the top 16 players it is slim pickings but that was true at the start of the yr not just now.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:08 PM »
Okay Pope where have we improved? Name where you think we have

I have on another thread but i will again

improvements

%
edwards
rance
Grimes

where else?????

We still lost to a rabble of a club in GC
got pushed ton the line against GWS
Got beaten by freo at the MCG

yes we beat hawks/swans/.stkilda but most years we either beat them or get very close so again i ask where have we improved???

we have a decimated culture at our football club. Culture lost us the game today nothing else.

It was the same culture that cant put away clubs like melboutne the other week.

our club is surviving, not by the likes of brendan gale and Dimma, but by people like the ones on this site who pay to the fund and pay multiple memberships to only get this rubbish dished up.

If you think losing to GC, who also has a young side, is evidence we have improved then maybe watch the game again.

Watch nahas slowly jog to an opponent who then kicks a goal. Watch 6 forwards in our F50 in the dying minutes when it shouldve been flooded with Gus that useless stuff and dericks

No improvement IMO and the coaching staff have taken a step backwards also with some of their decisions.

I'm glad you asked Dan.

Think today was a clear indication that we have improved.

Before this year we have had to put up with the disgusting Angus Graham wasting our membership dollars to pay his wages. We have improved by securing Ivan Maric who we missed dealy today.

That in itself shows our biggest improvement. On todays game.

Shows that last year we had to put up with many of these impostors (McGuane, Graham, Webberley etc.) who are simply not good enough. Luckily this year they've spent the majority in the 2s showing our improvement.

Whilst losing today is a disgrace and action should be taken towards a minority of players contracts I still think we are better than last year.

Our top liners are fantastic and were great today, the pathetic VFL players that came in and gave nothing shouldn't be allowed back at the club.

We would have won with even a marginally better squad, we wouldnt have said that last year. I don't blame the venue I don't blame the coaching not even the poor acts in the last qtr that could ahve saved us 4 points - I blame the bottom dozen players who shouldn't be anywhere near an AFL list. Stupidly we played all but Miller today in the same game and it costed us 4 points.

We've gradually over the last few years shorterned the size of our weak links, hopefully the club has seen the last of them with 1 more clean out.

Good bye
Derickx
Graham
Webberley
A.Maric
McGuane
Moore
Connors
MacDonald
Miller

Not interested in fairy tales, get fair dinkum with the list.  :banghead
Go Tigers!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 08:49:54 PM »
Dont blame depth for the loss.

We don't have any, it is a valid excuse and we all knew at the start of the season that if we copped some injuries/suspensions to important players we were going to be stretched.

I just wish I had a piece of that $6.75 the Suns were paying.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 08:53:54 PM »
Dont blame depth for the loss.

We don't have any, it is a valid excuse and we all knew at the start of the season that if we copped some injuries/suspensions to important players we were going to be stretched.

I just wish I had a piece of that $6.75 the Suns were paying.

A mixture of having only 16 AFL players on the field and for the majority of the game the majority of those 16 were playing at 70% is the reason we lost.

We could have won if these 16 blokes played at there best for the majority of the game, but shouldn't come to that. Just shows now days that you need a full squad of 22 decent players to win games. Teams like Carlton and us have sides that rely on big game players carrying 4-5 blokes every week and it can't be sustained. We tried to carry 8 blokes toady and it cost us the game.

Get fair dinkum with the list.
Go Tigers!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2012, 08:57:29 PM »
yes and we rested maric on a game we needed to win. Is that improvement??

Or is improvement playing Elton in a game in Adelaide or losing to a side who is winless

We have to agree to disagree on this one. Il admit we have improved in some areas but mostly same as last year

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

tony_montana

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 09:04:39 PM »
Maric had to be rested bc he was sore as buggery, which comes back to why the hell was he run into the ground the past 6 weeks?

the claw

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 09:12:41 PM »
Maric had to be rested bc he was sore as buggery, which comes back to why the hell was he run into the ground the past 6 weeks?
some of us have thrown other options for this scenario. some of us did ask what would happen if we suddenly threw them in the deep end if ivan went down. i suppose those questions have been answered.