Author Topic: Chris Knights does his ACL at training [update]  (Read 95657 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Chris Knights [merged]
« Reply #450 on: June 20, 2014, 05:42:38 PM »
Another moneyballs up.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #451 on: June 20, 2014, 05:47:02 PM »
Another moneyballs up.

Didn't you hear the news? Its full steam ahead now, will get an extension

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #452 on: June 20, 2014, 06:33:00 PM »
Another moneyballs up.

Didn't you hear the news? Its full steam ahead now, will get an extension

Yep...then he'll get a hyper-extension...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

dwaino

« Reply #453 on: June 20, 2014, 06:54:33 PM »
I wouldn't knee-jerk just yet.

the claw

« Reply #454 on: June 20, 2014, 07:04:43 PM »
Now Claw give me your thesis on how he was a good selection again? Keep it under 1000 words mate, cheers.

3 year deal for a battled frail man. Beauty, let's  go grab Tom Williams or Higgins then?

Edwards and this bloke should never have been recruited.

End of story. Play and develop the bloody kids FFS and recruit your Miles types and use the spare coin for quality proven ball winners like Goddard

Haven't got an issue recruiting ready to go players but not on 3 yr stuffin deals. There is a reason why crows never matched this offer

We need quality players and instead of these dinky 350k a year deal.

Do you think his going to retire and walk away from 350k. Foley A Edwards and this bloke must be pinching themselves how a club can be so stuffin stupid. Meanwhile clubs are picking up cream like Goddard through FA

Claw you seem like a smart bloke
Do you think  we are failing because of the actual people doing the developing and recruiting.

Look at FJ FfS, how in gods name is he still in a job??

Fix the poo at the top first

I have zero confidence in anything this bloke does. I mean FFS he was Millers side kick yet we are still paying his wages
no thesis needed.
simply put as stated i think hes a decent player when fit.   
3 yrs with his record of injury was the only thing wrong in taking him. yet again when we took him he had not long turned 26 so three yrs would mean if free of injury we get him as a mature player in his prime.
so he cost nothing a free agent, he is on a reasonable contract not big money, he was just 26 when recruited, and he had showed regularly when fit he could play. yep injury was the obvious question would he have recurring injury problems. i would have thought where we took him was the right place to take a player with his injury history.
theres nothing wrong with knights a f/a pick who cost nothing whos, contract expires at age 29.

nothing wrong with azza edwards either. he met a severe list need he still does. you do realise our stocks of medium sized fwds when we drafted him with pick 89000 was virtually non existent, all i have ever said in regards to him for sure take him for basiocally nothing. fix an immediate hole  but ffs take some youngsters as well so theres a succession plan in place.. theres only really ohanlon.

would you take the 28 yr old bernie vince obviously not. too pld for you. i would. i keep on saying it there is nothing wrong with taking mature players. the only real provisos is take em cheap, and  you must continue to take your fair share of kids.

hmm recruiting i dont think anyone on here has complained as long and consistently about it.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: June 21, 2014, 01:14:52 AM »
It is possible for MRI's to miss the floating bone for various reason and the only way to pick it up would be surgery (arthroscopy)
It depends on your radiologist and the quality of the scans. It should pick up at least 95% of all problems.

Yep don't get me wrong it is unlikely but there is a chance that for whatever reason it was missed and I just find that more likely than them not doing an MRI at all. But then again  :banghead :banghead :banghead

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #456 on: June 21, 2014, 01:25:16 AM »
Now Claw give me your thesis on how he was a good selection again? Keep it under 1000 words mate, cheers.

3 year deal for a battled frail man. Beauty, let's  go grab Tom Williams or Higgins then?

Edwards and this bloke should never have been recruited.

End of story. Play and develop the bloody kids FFS and recruit your Miles types and use the spare coin for quality proven ball winners like Goddard

Haven't got an issue recruiting ready to go players but not on 3 yr stuffin deals. There is a reason why crows never matched this offer

We need quality players and instead of these dinky 350k a year deal.

Do you think his going to retire and walk away from 350k. Foley A Edwards and this bloke must be pinching themselves how a club can be so stuffin stupid. Meanwhile clubs are picking up cream like Goddard through FA

Claw you seem like a smart bloke
Do you think  we are failing because of the actual people doing the developing and recruiting.

Look at FJ FfS, how in gods name is he still in a job??

Fix the poo at the top first

I have zero confidence in anything this bloke does. I mean FFS he was Millers side kick yet we are still paying his wages
no thesis needed.
simply put as stated i think hes a decent player when fit.   
3 yrs with his record of injury was the only thing wrong in taking him. yet again when we took him he had not long turned 26 so three yrs would mean if free of injury we get him as a mature player in his prime.
so he cost nothing a free agent, he is on a reasonable contract not big money, he was just 26 when recruited, and he had showed regularly when fit he could play. yep injury was the obvious question would he have recurring injury problems. i would have thought where we took him was the right place to take a player with his injury history.
theres nothing wrong with knights a f/a pick who cost nothing whos, contract expires at age 29.

nothing wrong with azza edwards either. he met a severe list need he still does. you do realise our stocks of medium sized fwds when we drafted him with pick 89000 was virtually non existent, all i have ever said in regards to him for sure take him for basiocally nothing. fix an immediate hole  but ffs take some youngsters as well so theres a succession plan in place.. theres only really ohanlon.

would you take the 28 yr old bernie vince obviously not. too pld for you. i would. i keep on saying it there is nothing wrong with taking mature players. the only real provisos is take em cheap, and  you must continue to take your fair share of kids.

hmm recruiting i dont think anyone on here has complained as long and consistently about it.
I'd have said no to Vince because I wouldn't want to use a 2nd rounder on him like Melbourne. But then we used it on a log anyway so  :help

Plus Vince is playing probably career best footy.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #457 on: July 13, 2014, 12:21:29 PM »
Chris Knights was a leading figure for the Tigers and worked hard for 20 disposals (10 contested) and six clearances in his first match in 13 weeks due to a knee injury.

“He was benched in the last but he was terrific in the first three quarters and won the ball inside. He really got us going,” Clarke said.
RICHMOND    14    4.6     10.8    13.12 (90)
GEELONG     4.1      8.2     11.6    13.8 (86)

Goals: McBean 4, A. Edwards 2, Banfield 2, Gordon, Young, McDonough, Griffiths, Williams

Best: McDonough, McBean, Young, Helbig, A. Edwards, Knights

This is great to see, I still think he has something to offer us.... :-\
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

dwaino

« Reply #458 on: July 13, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
Will be like a new recruit  :clapping

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Chris Knights nominated for Australian Business Startup Award
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2014, 07:46:11 PM »
Knights nominated for Australian Startup Award
By Kate Taeuber
aflplayers.com.au
Jul 25, 2014

Despite battling on-field demons this year, Tigers half-forward Chris Knights is kicking goals off-field.

Following a season-ending knee injury in just his fifth game for Richmond last year, the clever left-footer has spent his time on the sidelines wisely; Knights has turned his focus to his second passion, business.

The 100-gamer took a hands-on role at his media company, Zib Media - one of Melbourne’s leading SEO experts - which launched four years ago when Knights recognised a gap in the market.

“Zib Media was formed through the realisation of an opportunity in the online space,” Knights says.

“Four years on and we’ve grown from a team of three working in the back of a Ray White office, into a national company with more than 20 employees, 500 clients and offices in two states”.

Zib Media operates in both Melbourne and Adelaide, building websites and performing search engine optimisation. The company is currently diversifying into application-building and software development.

This month Zib Media gained industry recognition, becoming a top ten finalist in the competitive 2014 Australian Startup Awards.

Knights believes it’s important to plan for life after football, even though the hectic schedule that comes with being an AFL player can be difficult to manage at times.

“Hopefully the nomination demonstrates to other footballers that they can get involved in a business and do well whilst playing football,” he says.

“I’ve always believed it’s important to do something outside of the game because an injury can be just around the corner, and you could be finished. There is a short life span in football and I myself have suffered adversity during my career, which has given me time to focus on other areas”.

The former Crow believes it’s all about finding a good balance between his two passions.

“At times it involves sacrifice and hard work,” he admits.

“I feel now I’ve got a really good work balance and I’m not scared about when football might finish”.

With Zib Media on the up, Knights is looking forward to a return to AFL in the latter part of the season.

“I’m really excited about the last part of the year because my knee is feeling really good.

“I’ve got another year on my contract to go and I’m hoping to play really good, consistent football and that the team plays really well next year”.

You can find out more about Zib Media here, and read about Chris’s nomination in the 2014 Australian Startup Awards here.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/knights-nominated-for-australian-startup-award/

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2014, 10:45:25 AM »
Ok serious question ...How far away is this bloke from getting a game in the seniors ?
Unleash the tornado

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
Will be like a new recruit    8)

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #462 on: August 14, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
Ok serious question ...How far away is this bloke from getting a game in the seniors ?
will be in the side tonight for Thomas  :shh
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #463 on: August 14, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
I'd like to see him in, I rate him highly.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #464 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:50 PM »
Will be like a new recruit    8)
Brilliant.  :clapping