Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 363423 times)

Jackstar 1960

Re: Hammertime
« Reply #1605 on: May 15, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
Can tell you Grigg was pretty good last night

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1606 on: May 15, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
Hampson was bloody good last night and Hardwick completely stuffed up when he benched him. He was the difference in the ruck and he is always the difference with our center clearances as opposed to Maric.

Give credit where its due FFS. Hampson continually cops it here even when he really puts in the effort and performs.

Some of you have a go at me regarding Batchelor and Morris but at least I stand up and say when that they went ok last night. Get off the kill Hampson wagon and admit he was bloody good!!!

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1607 on: May 15, 2016, 03:45:34 PM »
Would he get a game for Hawthorn?
We can do better too.
Would you give him a contract extension at years end?

As old mate DR said, "those guys can only take you so far"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1608 on: May 15, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
We can do better too.

BT, ask those questions about 3/4 of the players in this team...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1609 on: May 15, 2016, 03:50:23 PM »
Hampson was bloody good last night and Hardwick completely stuffed up when he benched him. He was the difference in the ruck and he is always the difference with our center clearances as opposed to Maric.

Give credit where its due FFS. Hampson continually cops it here even when he really puts in the effort and performs.

Some of you have a go at me regarding Batchelor and Morris but at least I stand up and say when that they went ok last night. Get off the kill Hampson wagon and admit he was bloody good!!!
I let it go the first time you said it but when you repeat yourself you need to be pulled up. He wasn't benched, he was taking a rest. All players do it and need it. Agreed we lost momentum but you cannot blame Hardwick for guys taking a spell. It says more about how bad Vickery is in the ruck. Just pathetic. 

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1610 on: May 15, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »
Hmm had only 4 more HO's than Tippett and Kurt had 10 more possessions, 3 more tackles and kicked 2 big goals (one directly matched up on Hampson). I know what game I'd prefer.

Hammer was good with his tap outs, particularly in the last, but as the broken record says around here there's more to the game than just ho's.

Agree with this.

Yes he is good tap ruckman  but outside of that there's. ???? Nothing and thats the problem

To be a good ruckman you need to do more than just win the tap outs. Furthermore the Swans do not have a good ruck division and therefore need to be cautious in evaluating his game.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1611 on: May 15, 2016, 03:54:52 PM »
We can do better too.

BT, ask those questions about 3/4 of the players in this team...
Not sure about 3/4 but those 3 need to be the first to go IMO. Along with Chalpin, Batchelor and Hunt from last nights side.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1612 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56:21 PM »

I let it go the first time you said it but when you repeat yourself you need to be pulled up. He wasn't benched, he was taking a rest. All players do it and need it. Agreed we lost momentum but you cannot blame Hardwick for guys taking a spell. It says more about how bad Vickery is in the ruck. Just pathetic.

At the most critical time of the game eh....just like last week when Vickery was benched after we had the momentum, pattern forming???

What about the move of Vlastuin to the backline when he was killing it in center, or Griff to the backline when he was killing it in the forward line?????

"Rucks:

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1613 on: May 15, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »

At the most critical time of the game eh....just like last week when Vickery was benched after we had the momentum, pattern forming???

What about the move of Vlastuin to the backline when he was killing it in center, or Griff to the backline when he was killing it in the forward line?????
Come on mate, you are getting a bit excited.
All players need a rest at some stage in the quarter. Hampson had his and came back on to finish the game. And guess what!

With Vlastuin again, you cannot just be on the ball all night. You need to take a rest, sometimes on the bench and sometimes in another possition so someone else can take a rest.

And Griff was never "killing it" in the forwardline. He played a good game but let's not go to far.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1614 on: May 15, 2016, 04:04:22 PM »
I must have had a different game on..

"Rucks:

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1615 on: May 15, 2016, 04:06:53 PM »
I must have had a different game on..
Have you got Foxtel?
If so, it could be a possibility.  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1616 on: May 15, 2016, 04:09:31 PM »
 :facepalm

"Rucks:

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1617 on: May 15, 2016, 06:18:58 PM »
WAT is right 1-2% of the time and rants like a lunatic.

But in this instance he is correct.

The team had kicked 5 in 10 mins and you bench a ruck that was helping the mids dominate the clearances. It's no coincidence that the tide swung.

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1618 on: May 15, 2016, 06:49:18 PM »

The team had kicked 5 in 10 mins and you bench a ruck that was helping the mids dominate the clearances. It's no coincidence that the tide swung.

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM
Yes but it could be argued that Hammer had an influence in the dying minutes that he may not have had if he didn't have a breather. I see both sides but I think if Hammer could actually mark and kicks goals then he would rested up forward but he can't so he goes to the bench.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1619 on: May 15, 2016, 06:59:32 PM »

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM
Yes but it could be argued that Hammer had an influence in the dying minutes that he may not have had if he didn't have a breather. I see both sides but I think if Hammer could actually mark and kicks goals then he would rested up forward but he can't so he goes to the bench.
:clapping