Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 362306 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Hammertime
« Reply #1620 on: May 15, 2016, 07:25:36 PM »
WAT is right 1-2% of the time and rants like a lunatic.

But in this instance he is correct.

The team had kicked 5 in 10 mins and you bench a ruck that was helping the mids dominate the clearances. It's no coincidence that the tide swung.

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM

Thanks Damo for your .5% of input to the topic.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1621 on: May 15, 2016, 07:26:49 PM »

The team had kicked 5 in 10 mins and you bench a ruck that was helping the mids dominate the clearances. It's no coincidence that the tide swung.

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM
Yes but it could be argued that Hammer had an influence in the dying minutes that he may not have had if he didn't have a breather. I see both sides but I think if Hammer could actually mark and kicks goals then he would rested up forward but he can't so he goes to the bench.

It also could be argued that had he stayed on we could have kicked another 3 and sealed it.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Online Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1622 on: May 15, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »

DONT MESS WITH MOMENTUM
Yes but it could be argued that Hammer had an influence in the dying minutes that he may not have had if he didn't have a breather. I see both sides but I think if Hammer could actually mark and kicks goals then he would rested up forward but he can't so he goes to the bench.

It also could be argued that had he stayed on we could have kicked another 3 and sealed it.
Yeah ok, you win. Well done, too good!

tony_montana

« Reply #1623 on: May 15, 2016, 07:49:56 PM »
I can see both sides of the argument like GR12 said. If hammer was absolutely spent then no worries, but if he was still relatively fresh but went off for pure scientific reasons, then I firmly believe that needs to be looked at and they should bring a bit of common sense into it. Momentum/adrenalin is a bit of an intangible that science does not and cannot factor into its equations.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1624 on: May 15, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »
I can see both sides of the argument like GR12 said. If hammer was absolutely spent then no worries, but if he was still relatively fresh but went off for pure scientific reasons, then I firmly believe that needs to be looked at and they should bring a bit of common sense into it. Momentum/adrenalin is a bit of an intangible that science does not and cannot factor into its equations.
We are talking about a guy who had basically rucked the entire night without much help. It was the middle of the last quarter, I'm tipping he wasn't "relatively fresh".
And a guy that would have had limited training over the last few weeks due to a corked thigh.

I think us talking about this shows how important he was for us in that win.

tony_montana

« Reply #1625 on: May 15, 2016, 08:06:43 PM »
We are talking about a guy who had basically rucked the entire night without much help. It was the middle of the last quarter, I'm tipping he wasn't "relatively fresh".
And a guy that would have had limited training over the last few weeks due to a corked thigh.

It was about 5mins into the last wasnt it? anyhow, like I said Im impartial to it depending on how he was feeling physically. Id like to think he was stuffed and needed the rest. and yp, credit where its due, he was very important

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1626 on: May 15, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »

It was about 5mins into the last wasnt it? anyhow, like I said Im impartial to it depending on how he was feeling physically. Id like to think he was stuffed and needed the rest. and yp, credit where its due, he was very important
:thumbsup

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1627 on: May 15, 2016, 08:15:31 PM »
I just can't believe we are talking about how important Hammer was.

Anyway, did anyone else notice how Vickery was off at the end? No one is bagging Dimma for that this week.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1628 on: May 15, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »

Anyway, did anyone else notice how Vickery was off at the end? No one is bagging Dimma for that this week.

Had he kicked two goals in a row like last week...

Ah.... The RCGG lives.

"Rucks:

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1629 on: May 15, 2016, 08:28:04 PM »

Ah.... The RCGG lives.
Hardly! The leader of the TVG (tunnel vision gang) is failing to see my thinly veiled criticism of Ty Vickery. Such criticism is incongruent to to being an RCGG member.
BTW, you need knew material Mr TVG.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1630 on: May 15, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »

Ah.... The RCGG lives.
Hardly! The leader of the TVG (tunnel vision gang) is failing to see my thinly veiled criticism of Ty Vickery. Such criticism is incongruent to to being an RCGG member.

Oh yeah, ok, you win, gee..... :snidegrin

"Rucks:

Online Go Richo 12

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1631 on: May 15, 2016, 08:48:59 PM »

Ah.... The RCGG lives.

Oh yeah, ok, you win, gee..... :snidegrin
1-1

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1632 on: May 15, 2016, 10:36:08 PM »

TM made a good point though about adrenaline/momentum. Although he should have been wrecked, some players just find another gear when they're on a roll and get a sniff of a win and don't even realise how tired they are and do indeed feel "fresh". Chances are he was dying for a rest though, doesn't strike me as a guy who just spurs himself on such as Rance

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1633 on: May 21, 2016, 08:07:25 PM »
For all the Hampson critics have a look at the way he is going tonight.. :clapping

"Rucks:

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1634 on: May 21, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
So far so good :gobdrop