Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 315814 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #450 on: October 11, 2013, 09:56:54 PM »
I see.

So they get this guy so Vicky can play dedicated forward.

So, has Vickery been playing second ruck because the club have wanted someone like Hampson?
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #451 on: October 11, 2013, 10:06:32 PM »
Be incredibly surprised if any pick pre 30 is not be a better pick up than Hampson.

I'm willing to put money on at least 5 picks pre 30 not being a better pick up than hampson.

Nor will any pick pre 30 be able to play ruck immediately and reduce marics workload, thus reducing the risk of him breaking down permanently during the season 2014

Any ruckman would reduce Marics workload no matter how crap. Even Angus if he played as much as hampson is going to

I'm about winning finals and ultimately a GF and Hampson is bloody hopeless man for a second rounder. I'm peeed cause I believe we could have easily got him for a third and that wouldn't been okay

But again, would any second round be able to come in an instantly have an affect at winning a final? The reality is that there is a roughly 50% hit rate of players drafted between 30-40 that play 100 AFL games. Of that 50%, I'd say you could rate another 50% who would be at the same level as Hampson. Is he worth a second rounder? Probably not. Would Carlton accept a third rounder for him? Probably not. The reality is, is that a late second early third would be the winner for both teams. We simply didn't have any within that bracket.

Again, its not to say RFC went to Carlton and offered a second round pick for him straight away - my bet is they offered a third, Carlton came back with a second and knowing it would be an early 30s selection said yes.

And just for the record, the Houli selection, Maric trade and the Knights pick up were all looked at in the same way. All look like paying dividends.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #452 on: October 11, 2013, 11:45:52 PM »
Okay well past history says he is worth a third round based on the fact he has shown sfa, that's what I meant. Only one eyed lads believe he is worth that pick.

Also Al do you think second round is a valuable pick? Clearly you don't by the way your harping on.

Is that right?
no i don't. i've made that clear and explained why i think so.
Even though you are right, i'm not sure how you drew that conclusion from the question i asked you, though, something you still haven't answered BTW.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #453 on: October 11, 2013, 11:47:00 PM »
Jobba, where did you get the figure of 50% to play 100 games? i have it at 30%
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #454 on: October 11, 2013, 11:53:12 PM »
Biggest issue is Shaun of the Dead is injury prone

Just like Knights

Risky and frisky

He'd want to play 80 games for the tiggies

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2013, 11:55:41 PM »
80 Games of Class  :clapping

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #456 on: October 12, 2013, 12:06:27 AM »
or 80 games of ass?

gerkin greg

« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2013, 12:06:49 AM »
Anything less is a fail, the bar has been set

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2013, 03:29:45 AM »
15 things about Shaun Hampson
richmondfc.com.au 
October 11, 2013

* He produced some outstanding results at the 2006 AFL Draft Camp, recording 3.00 seconds for the 20-metre sprint (lightning fast for a player his size) and an 86cm vertical jump, which placed him in the top 5% of players tested.

* He struggled with short-sightedness early in his league career and had la-ser eye surgery before the 2012 season to correct it.

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-10-11/15-things-about-shaun-hampson

Online Jobba

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #459 on: October 12, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »
Jobba, where did you get the figure of 50% to play 100 games? i have it at 30%

I was generous with the players I thought will play 100 games. I also rounded up.

the claw

« Reply #460 on: October 12, 2013, 09:38:08 PM »
 we are not interested in any more trades apparently. so in trading for a ruckman why not
instead of hampson why not longer with pick 12, he is capable of filling in for maric now . and theres few doubts he will be a top ruckman for the next 10 plus yrs. he is worth every bit of pick 12 imo..

instead of hampson why not jolly for 12 months and use pick 28 on darcy cameron a  bloody real promising genuine junior ruckman. every chance we would get him here.

why not think outside the square and do what hawthorn did ben mcavoy for their pick 17.

even in taking hampson, given his form guide.  id sure hope we take another young ruckman  with say the compo pick we get for white and mcguane, if we get one. 
again if its a pick in the 30s i hope cameron is there.

i still ask why a bloke whos struggled for 7 whole yrs  with such a pick.

yes he fills a list need but he only fills that need if he works out.
this trade  is all about risk reward. its high risk but im asking is there truly high   reward to be had. i suppose time will tell.

again in saying all this i have no problem in the club getting hampson i do have a problem with what we have paid and the process or risk of useing good picks on battlers.
thats what hampson is to date a battler. i really hope he finally clicks and fulfills some of the potential he showed as a junior.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #461 on: October 12, 2013, 09:42:19 PM »
What a ridiculous high risk strategy that would be to mortgage our pic 11 on a kid that averages 2 kicks and 1 mark a game. Any while we re at it why not put the balance of our ftg funds on the roulette wheel. No thanks. Hampson has a Ton of ability and under the tutelage of renowned ruck whisperer Brendan lade he is in the best place possible to peak his fledgling career :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

the claw

« Reply #462 on: October 12, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
What a ridiculous high risk strategy that would be to mortgage our pic 11 on a kid that averages 2 kicks and 1 mark a game. Any while we re at it why not put the balance of our ftg funds on the roulette wheel. No thanks. Hampson has a Ton of ability and under the tutelage of renowned ruck whisperer Brendan lade he is in the best place possible to peak his fledgling career :shh
oh dear. you havent even seen longer play have you bo.
as a pure ruckman hes shown as much as ruckman in the afl just two yrs in. yeah its a small sample size just 9 games but he looks a beauty already.

hmm pick 11 on a 20yr old ruckman who was a highly rated junior hence he went at pick 8 in 2011  who has shown he belongs already. in just 9 games he averages over 20 h/o a game and he competes real well. he takes good marks and most of his possesions are contested. just 9 games yes he could find a bit more ball but we all know that will come as he matures.
thing is after just 9 games hes getting it just over 7 times a game your boy hampson after a whopping 7yrs averages just 8 possesions.
yep we could really take that risk with pick 12
 or use pick 12  on a 18yo  kid in the nd who has none of this to judge him by.

look i realise your acting the goat acting like the bringer of all things good at richmond but now and then you have to use just a bit of common sense or people are just gunna ignore you bud.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #463 on: October 12, 2013, 10:26:04 PM »
Not going to be nicnat level.

Pass.

Keep #11

Pass

Pass on stitch an #11 for McVey too

At least the club has gone the cheaper root than the proposed trades here

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #464 on: October 13, 2013, 06:15:20 AM »
oh dear. you havent even seen longer play have you bo.
as a pure ruckman hes shown as much as ruckman in the afl just two yrs in. yeah its a small sample size just 9 games but he looks a beauty already.

hmm pick 11 on a 20yr old ruckman who was a highly rated junior hence he went at pick 8 in 2011  who has shown he belongs already. in just 9 games he averages over 20 h/o a game and he competes real well. he takes good marks and most of his possesions are contested. just 9 games yes he could find a bit more ball but we all know that will come as he matures.
thing is after just 9 games hes getting it just over 7 times a game your boy hampson after a whopping 7yrs averages just 8 possesions.
yep we could really take that risk with pick 12
 or use pick 12  on a 18yo  kid in the nd who has none of this to judge him by.

look i realise your acting the goat acting like the bringer of all things good at richmond but now and then you have to use just a bit of common sense or people are just gunna ignore you bud.
Acting the goat, how about telling us why hawthorn then baulked at offering pick 17 and went the trusted route instead. U18 form no longer stacks up 3 years into a career . What next, we draft Lucas cook ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled