Author Topic: Shaun Hampson / Hammertime [merged]  (Read 315773 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Hampson Officially a Tiger
« Reply #540 on: October 18, 2013, 06:37:36 PM »
Yeah Mumford is a much better ruckman, but Mumford on 3x times as much money though and out of contract.
He is on 3x more money because he is 3x better than Hampson. Like everything in life, you get what you pay for. Pick 35 for Mumford, pick 28 for Hampson! stuff!!!
I still cannot believe we are almost at our limit in our salary cap.
We are pathetic

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #541 on: October 18, 2013, 07:17:27 PM »
Get a grip ::)

Rampstar

« Reply #542 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:40 PM »

Unless the club gets itself into the top 10 next week this trade and draft effort could end up a complete balls up. I can sense another draft where we get no good players out of an offseason trade and trade effort. Hampson+Pick 12 or whatever it is at the moment. Its a complete stuff up!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #543 on: October 18, 2013, 07:40:10 PM »
lmao
we gave up a pick more likely to be a miss than not, and even less chance of playing round 1, for a bloke who will probably play rnd 1 and give our broken down ruckman some respite.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #544 on: October 18, 2013, 07:45:04 PM »
If all the experts are saying that the draft dries up after pick 30 maybe it wasn't such a horrendous deal afterall  :-\

Its exactly why we should never have traded 28 out. This is a shallow draft. Clubs have to take 3 picks. Our trading out 28 means we have almost guaranteed ourselves that we will have to draft two dead set duds. If we had 28 we could have had 2 picks out of the 3 inside the 30 and that meant only 1 player outside of 30. Hampson was never worth what we paid.
Clubs don't have to draft 3 new players in the draft anymore. They can use a promoted rookie as their selection instead if they so wish.

Rampstar

« Reply #545 on: October 18, 2013, 07:53:22 PM »
If all the experts are saying that the draft dries up after pick 30 maybe it wasn't such a horrendous deal afterall  :-\

Its exactly why we should never have traded 28 out. This is a shallow draft. Clubs have to take 3 picks. Our trading out 28 means we have almost guaranteed ourselves that we will have to draft two dead set duds. If we had 28 we could have had 2 picks out of the 3 inside the 30 and that meant only 1 player outside of 30. Hampson was never worth what we paid.
Clubs don't have to draft 3 new players in the draft anymore. They can use a promoted rookie as their selection instead if they so wish.

does it really matter? how good are our rookies? I dont rate any of them! Not 1! If the club only has Hampster and Pick 12or13 or whatever it is at the end of it its a complete stuff up because the likelihood is we will get ZERO players from this offseason IMHO.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #546 on: October 18, 2013, 07:55:10 PM »
Young gun, Petterd and a reach for a hidden gem or project player. Are the club looking at the bigger bigger picture maybe and keeping their 2014 powder well and truly hidden and dry?  Some of this years big players will have far less room to move in next year's draft.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #547 on: October 18, 2013, 07:55:41 PM »
So actually we traded pick 32 for Hampson, would that be correct??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #548 on: October 18, 2013, 07:58:17 PM »
yeah, we allll know it  :lol

we have more chance of getting a player in Hampson than pick 32, and we will know a lot sooner too.

with our steady improvement in the last few years you must look forward to this time of year where you get a chance to rub your twit along barbed wire and squeal little a spoiled biatch that broke her pocket rocket

Rampstar

« Reply #549 on: October 18, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

we have more chance of getting a player in Hampson than pick 32, and we will know a lot sooner too.

with our steady improvement in the last few years you must look forward to this time of year where you get a chance to rub your twit along barbed wire and squeal little a spoiled biatch that broke her pocket rocket

you seem abit upset Alberts? Whats wrong big fella?  :lol

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #550 on: October 18, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »

:lol :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #551 on: October 18, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »
not upset in the least, unlike your good self  :cheers

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #552 on: October 18, 2013, 08:08:14 PM »

Unless the club gets itself into the top 10 next week this trade and draft effort could end up a complete balls up. I can sense another draft where we get no good players out of an offseason trade and trade effort. Hampson+Pick 12 or whatever it is at the moment. Its a complete stuff up!

Yep.

Any fool can see they've stuffed this up.

Morons.

We were never going to make it past week one of the finals.
We miss that leadership and cultural influence.
Leadership -LMAO.

Cotchin aint a captain, fwiw.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #553 on: October 18, 2013, 08:16:10 PM »
Awww gee

Cant argue with the facts unfortunately Carlton robbed us blind on the Hampson trade. He wasnt worth pick 50 let alone 28.

100% agree, its worse that it's Carlton too.

The industry always compares picks and draftee's, RFC would hope picks 30-40 are all duds or the 'what ifs' will come calling. Should have offered pick 60 for Hampson and should have traded 28 for a better player.
Go Tigers!

Rampstar

« Reply #554 on: October 18, 2013, 08:17:09 PM »
not upset in the least, unlike your good self  :cheers

doesnt look like it... have to say went fishing trying to get HRT and Blaisee into the conversation so I am surprised you decided to join in  :lol