Author Topic: Sam Lloyd [merged]  (Read 83474 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Sam Lloyd [merged]
« Reply #150 on: May 05, 2014, 07:40:04 PM »
Has sense like infared ray beams
Hands like steel traps
Leg like a cannon
Just quietly  :shh
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #151 on: May 05, 2014, 07:44:49 PM »
2nd efforts were awful. He looked really slow at times when he needed to apply defensive pressure. Especially in the last qtr. Down to fitness which will improve.

Has an eye for a goal and seems very clean which is what we need and have missed. He's a good enough replacement for Jake King. Good pick up, play him as much as possible please.

He kicks goals. Kicked a couple of bags in pre season, kicked a couple in his first game, was stiff against Brisbane with a head clash, everyone was poor against Hawks and kicked a couple of good goals vs the Cats. Keep playing him.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #152 on: May 05, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
I think he has got what it takes and he will get there but at the moment he is a bit slow, he seems to get caught a lot and thinks he has more time to get rid of the ball than he does. I am sure this will improve.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2014, 02:10:32 AM »
Yeh he can find the goals but can he fight like the birdman? 
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2014, 05:21:42 AM »
good skills but slower than the cape kennedy rocket hauler

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2014, 06:58:10 AM »
good skills but slower than the cape kennedy rocket hauler
Was there recently.  That thing just crawled....... ;D
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2014, 07:17:10 AM »
I thought he made laid excellent tackles dunno what you bunnies are on about.  Kicked 3 stuffin goals, we only got him into the system last draft and he gets thrown into the deep end, did alright in my eyes, kicked some slick goals, that is his job, if he can do that every week, he is schmick.
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2014, 01:57:40 PM »
This guy is a gun recruit.  Tick.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2014, 02:13:38 PM »
He can kick no doubt about it but he makes Greg Williams look like Paddy Dangerfield. Offensive weapon only. Can this type of player be carried in today's style of spread and fast transition?

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »
He can kick no doubt about it but he makes Greg Williams look like Paddy Dangerfield. Offensive weapon only. Can this type of player be carried in today's style of spread and fast transition?

He had 4 tackles on the weekend.  I really like his defensive efforts.  I don't know about his speed.  Haven't noticed it.  Football smarts make up a lot for leg speed.  Being able to read the play, knowing when to go, this guy looks like a natural footballer to me.  He has the right attitude as well.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2014, 08:08:25 PM »

He makes Mick Nolan look like a Peter Matera but can find it and that's all that matters.

Every time he ran to the ball he looked like that comedy duo who pretend to be in slow motion (can't remember there name) with everyone around going at normal pace.
It's actually almost comical to watch but hey let's hope he can keep it up.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
2nd efforts were awful. He looked really slow at times when he needed to apply defensive pressure. Especially in the last qtr. Down to fitness which will improve.

Has an eye for a goal and seems very clean which is what we need and have missed.

Agree with Pope.

the claw

« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:33 PM »
Very dangerous with the ball in his hands in front of goal. Just get him a bit of space and he'll nail it every time. Apart from that he's average. He's best 22 fp right now though
he doesnt have much competition there in lies many of our problems. clearly the best option we have atm but i sure as hell hope we dont do our usual thing and hang our hats him thinking we dont have to find better or at the least competition.

weaknesses in his game has me concerned about his long term viability. same goes for gordon as well.
ah well time will tell eh. anyway i agree with most on here we need to play him atm and give him every chance.

tony_montana

« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2014, 09:37:15 PM »
Not having a go at anyone in particular but, you cannot judge someones ability in 3-4 games. If he's still making the same mistakes at the end of the season then you can start to see a pattern emerge but right now, the bloke hasn't been in the system for 5 minutes, is still learning the right running patterns, still building a fitness base and still understanding what is required to play the role which is likely very different to what he's played in the past.  For the time being just happy to see what he can bring as a raw unfit player.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »
Not having a go at anyone in particular but, you cannot judge someones ability in 3-4 games. If he's still making the same mistakes at the end of the season then you can start to see a pattern emerge but right now, the bloke hasn't been in the system for 5 minutes, is still learning the right running patterns, still building a fitness base and still understanding what is required to play the role which is likely very different to what he's played in the past.  For the time being just happy to see what he can bring as a raw unfit player.

Rubbish

If llyod. Gordon griff mcdonuts Elton types have one bad game they should be dropped