Author Topic: Dan Butler to St Kilda for pick 56  (Read 51511 times)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
Re: Daniel Butler [merged]
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2018, 05:52:13 PM »
Even though he’s been down on goals prior to the last couple of games and the way he just seems to casually go for the ball which he did again in the third quarter if I remember correctly, the part of his game which iv been most disappointed with this season is his pressure and tackling.

Last nights game was back to his best in that area and he and his teammates were rewarded with goals directly from it. Keep it up Danny boy!

Was that when Cotchin kicked it to him?
Was one of the softest, worst efforts I have ever seen in my life. As it happened I didn't think it was soft because I initially thought it was Jack Graham going after it given how slow he was moving. Just didn't want to get to the footy first because contact was coming the other way. All his other defensive efforts were sensational but his attack on the footy leaves a lot to be desired.
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2018, 06:16:04 PM »
Even though he’s been down on goals prior to the last couple of games and the way he just seems to casually go for the ball which he did again in the third quarter if I remember correctly, the part of his game which iv been most disappointed with this season is his pressure and tackling.

Last nights game was back to his best in that area and he and his teammates were rewarded with goals directly from it. Keep it up Danny boy!

Was that when Cotchin kicked it to him?
Was one of the softest, worst efforts I have ever seen in my life. As it happened I didn't think it was soft because I initially thought it was Jack Graham going after it given how slow he was moving. Just didn't want to get to the footy first because contact was coming the other way. All his other defensive efforts were sensational but his attack on the footy leaves a lot to be desired.

sorry was in the second quarter can’t remember exactly who kicked it but it was a more a kick to space and butler had some distance on the closest opposition player so I thought he was on there with his speed but he just seemed to jog towards it. There was no one running from the other direction so wasn’t a case of being afraid of contact but the Essendon player behind him essentially made up the ground and collected the ball, just so casual this season.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2018, 06:18:36 PM »
Yeah that was the Cotchin kick. 100% saw another player coming and didn't want to be first to the ball. Got laid out on his arse anyway and deservedly so
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »
Ready for next week, @DanButler_8? 😃 #gotiges

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1063270092270522369

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2019, 02:51:36 AM »
I thought I’d be back in time (for finals), but it wasn’t to be," Butler said.

"Watching them throughout the finals, it was hard to watch because you want to be out there to try and help them out.

“I’ve been using that as motivation to concentrate on working hard and hopefully getting back in the side.”

“(Competition) is healthy and it only makes you want to push harder for your spot,” he said.

To do so, Butler is hard at work at improving his positional flexibility and his work up the ground.

“(The coaches) want me to nail my role down forward, I’ve been used as the defensive pressure forward and they want me to just nail that,” he said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-23/butler-ready-to-bounce-back-in-2019

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2019, 04:12:41 PM »
Why can't he get a game?

Sarah Black
afl.com.au
1 May 2019

Dan Butler (Richmond)

It's been a difficult 2019 season for Dan Butler. The classy small forward was a lock for 18 months, winning a premiership in 2017 before his 2018 season ended halfway through with a bad ankle injury. Fully fit to start this year, Butler kicked just one goal in the first three rounds and failed to lay a tackle in round three before being dropped. He has spent the last three weeks in the VFL, held out of the side by tenacious rookie Liam Baker and to a lesser extent, Shai Bolton.

How does he get back in?

Butler has averaged 14 disposals and has kicked two goals from his two VFL matches (the Tigers had a bye in that period). He was named an AFL emergency for round four but not rounds five and six. Shai Bolton appears to be the next forward in line given Jack Riewoldt's injury. Butler's at his creative best when he is running hard and bringing teammates into the game with his silky skills. Given Richmond's strong small forward stocks, Butler may have to wait some time to force his way back in.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-01/why-cant-he-get-a-game

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: August 03, 2019, 09:19:11 PM »
Pretty poor game

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: August 03, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »
Looks seriously disinterested, zero effort or competitiveness.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: August 03, 2019, 09:29:14 PM »
looks like a tiger imposter sometimes

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #130 on: August 03, 2019, 09:33:57 PM »
Not even sure why he got picked.  He's hopeless

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: August 03, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
Should be dropped after tonights effort.

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2019, 09:36:01 PM »
Hi Mr Ellis (aka Assange) ;)

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2019, 09:39:01 PM »
;)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2019, 10:15:13 PM »
What a disaster of a match. A shadow of the player he was he has absolutely no confidence at all compared to when he was full of confidence and used to try to do the impossible.
The club that keeps giving.