Author Topic: Coach of 2017  (Read 5455 times)

dwaino

Re: Coach of 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2015, 02:49:53 PM »
I would like to sincerely thank Dimma for dragging us out of the poop but clearly he isn't the man to take us further and something should be done before the list gets too old or we lose players to better clubs.

Big gamble to relieve a coach only to get another untried coach, so that really limits the options. I like Bomber but I keep hearing he's cooked and lost interest. Having him could make Richmond an attractive option for prospective players though. I can't stand Lyon. He can't win a flag either and look at the state he left Saints and Freo look to end up similar if he fails there too.

To throw names around for no other reason than discussion, what about Ratten? Wasn't bad at Carlton and didn't help he lost Fev. Had them playing fast and down the guts, could his time at Hawthorn taught him anything to bridge the gap? At least we wouldn't need a massive overhaul of the game plan. Then Voss. Ended pretty miserably at Lions, but was that because he was inexperienced? Could he learn anything under Hinkley in a year?

If we can get a coach who is good at getting the most from average players then we wouldn't even need a great list overhaul

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2015, 03:16:59 PM »
Voss or Basset. Ling assistant. Hodge for assistant the minute he retires. Other assistant targets should be the likes of O'Keefe, Ball, Sewell & Maxwell. Need a new forwards coach. New fitness staff - scour the world. New medical staff - scour the world. New list managers. Maybe give Mick that bogus "head of coaching" role that Collingwood wanted to give him. The priority should be people with uncomprimising high standards but not uncompomising ideas about the game.

Knights VFL coach. Jake King VFL assistant coach. Look at the AFL players who retire at the end of this year and at least sound out the best of them to give us year or two in the VFL. Delist all the VFL listed players and replace them with proven performers & hungry kids who miss out on the draft.
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »
Brett Kirk.

Captain of a premiership side.

Assistant coach to Ross Lyon so he knows what the message is that the players have been getting as well as the structures that Lyon uses.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 03:31:57 PM »
Who are the trolls that picked hardwick?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 03:35:26 PM »
 :lol
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 03:35:53 PM »
That's exactly what I thought too Scarface....

Brett Kirk.

Assistant coach to Ross Lyon so he knows what the message is that the players have been getting as well as the structures that Lyon uses.

You reckon his new age Buddhist philosophies would fire up our Nancy boys? "What is the sound of one arm tackling?"
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2015, 03:38:39 PM »
Trolls? The poll is, who coaches us in 2016? As opposed to, who do you want to coach us in 2016? Or who coaches us in 2017?
Seeing that his contract is complete at the end of 2016 season it would seem that Damien is favorite to coach us next season, like it or not.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2015, 03:45:41 PM »
Voss or Basset. Ling assistant. Hodge for assistant the minute he retires. Other assistant targets should be the likes of O'Keefe, Ball, Sewell & Maxwell. Need a new forwards coach. New fitness staff - scour the world. New medical staff - scour the world. New list managers. Maybe give Mick that bogus "head of coaching" role that Collingwood wanted to give him. The priority should be people with uncomprimising high standards but not uncompomising ideas about the game.

Knights VFL coach. Jake King VFL assistant coach. Look at the AFL players who retire at the end of this year and at least sound out the best of them to give us year or two in the VFL. Delist all the VFL listed players and replace them with proven performers & hungry kids who miss out on the draft.
Like the thinking behind this post. Not sure about a Jake King or Nathan Bassets credentials but and feel we need a senior coach who is uncompromising.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
That's exactly what I thought too Scarface....

Brett Kirk.

You reckon his new age Buddhist philosophies would fire up our Nancy boys? "What is the sound of one arm tackling?"
kirk is a weirdo, i reckon hed take soft  cocks and teach them to sit down to pee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKlE5ICe5rA
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »
The coach and players are secondary to the main problem which is the RFC as a whole

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »
Everyone wants a coach, but we don't like any of the candidates.
Quite the bind we're in.

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 04:25:01 PM »
Trolls? The poll is, who coaches us in 2016? As opposed to, who do you want to coach us in 2016? Or who coaches us in 2017?
Seeing that his contract is complete at the end of 2016 season it would seem that Damien is favorite to coach us next season, like it or not.

Literally huh

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 10:27:23 PM »
do you blokes really think deep down that lyon or roos will step foot anywhere near punt road.

bomber is finished. Look at eade and malthouse when you have time out of the game.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 10:53:25 AM »
do you blokes really think deep down that lyon or roos will step foot anywhere near punt road.

bomber is finished. Look at eade and malthouse when you have time out of the game.

Didn't Lyon say he wanted to coach a "big 4 Melbourne team"?

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
Would there be any love for Matty Knights at all?
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S