Author Topic: Trade/FA rumours  (Read 442882 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Re: Trade/FA rumours
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 01:32:05 PM »
Offer peanuts you get peanuts back.

Its exactly the mentality on not parting with anything of value that has lead to where we are now with recycled hacks from other clubs stinking it up in the yellow and black.

Some say perhaps rightly so... Houli grigg Chaplin Hampson Morris hunt pettard Morris and the rest were all fair enough additions and helped the club somewhat.

I reckon It's the holding on to some them for 2/3/4 years to long and treating them like Demi gods. Instead of rotating the squad, building a deeper list, investing in youth, attempting to continually improve list etc

That's the cruel bit for the supporters

...and now he's doing the same thing to Vlastuin.....

I sincerely find it deeply depression

Don't laugh at me Penelope

Love titch- took me a while though - Its probably more about 28 v 25,
If we could just spend some stuffing money and recruit a couple of guns we dont need these conversations
The cream

Love dusty

But titch might have him covered now ...  :shh

Agreed in a half decent side, where they won 50% of the midfield ball, and were not always defending from the back pocket.  Due to a lack of ability to get the ball last half way... That Edwards would be dynamite
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »

Some say perhaps rightly so... Houli grigg Chaplin Hampson Morris hunt pettard Morris and the rest were all fair enough additions and helped the club somewhat.

I reckon It's the holding on to some them for 2/3/4 years to long and treating them like Demi gods. Instead of rotating the squad, building a deeper list, investing in youth, attempting to continually improve list etc

I agree with you here (we might need to bookmark it ;D) especially the underlined bits. Not sure about the "demi gods" comments I would describe them more as coach's favourites

Two keys points you've highlighted is "building a deeper list, investing in youth"; reckon why we've failed here is the fact we have appeared to have favoured one at the expense of the other or at least tried to and in the process got both wrong

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 02:19:00 AM »
Hearing whispers about Hartlett not being happy at Port - regrets re-signing and apparently we're back in the frame... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:52 AM »

I agree with you here (we might need to bookmark it ;D) especially the underlined bits. Not sure about the "demi gods" comments I would describe them more as coach's favourites

Two keys points you've highlighted is "building a deeper list, investing in youth"; reckon why we've failed here is the fact we have appeared to have favoured one at the expense of the other or at least tried to and in the process got both wrong
And I'd also add coaching and developing our playing group to their natural strengths as opposed to trying to jam square pegs into Dimma shaped holes.
We aren't a million miles away from it - it's about making the hard calls quickly
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 08:21:32 AM »
I have harped on about sacking our list management team and believe that nothing will happen at RFC until this is addressed.
As a point of reference can anyone tell me when in the last 25 years have we had a solid list with genuine depth?

Until we get this sorted we are wasting our time.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »
I wouldn't trade Lids.
He is the heart and soul of the club when it comes to loyalty.

The club needs to show loyalty to the servants that have served them well and have shown loyalty to the club.

That's what being a club is all about FFS!!!!!!!

Like I said, it would break my heart but we don't have to dangle him in front of the whole league so to say. Something along the lines of; 'Lids, you're a true loyalist and servant of the club, but our window is closed and we don't see it opening for the rest of your career. If you would like to chase premiership success at a stronger club we will understand and try to trade you for something that will benefit RFC long-term, however if you want to stay we'd love to have you.'

Think about St Kilda with Stanley, Dal Santo and Goddard. Those blokes could have stayed if they'd wanted to but decided to leave after discussions with their list management as it was best for both parties.

Hearing whispers about Hartlett not being happy at Port - regrets re-signing and apparently we're back in the frame... :shh

Might be a handy pickup but I don't rate him as an A-grade footballer. B-grade at best.

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 01:45:59 PM »
Might be a handy pickup but I don't rate him as an A-grade footballer. B-grade at best.

That's fine, we need more B graders to fill the gap between our A graders and our D graders (not too many in between)

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »

That's fine, we need more B graders to fill the gap between our A graders and our D graders (not too many in between)

Any idea what kind of coin he's on at PA????

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 02:40:47 PM »

The same type of whispers I've been hearing?  :shh

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 02:46:52 PM »

lol

as if

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »

At his best he's A-Grade. See 2013 & 14 for evidence.

:shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
He would require a trade though, we'd have to give up a B grader which in our case is.....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 03:24:17 PM »
Bellis, which aint gunna happen.
bottom line is we dont have an excess of any type of player, so wed have to give up picks
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 03:30:38 PM »
Didn't Hartlett sign for something like $800K?  :huh

OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »
Didn't Hartlett sign for something like $800K?  :huh
I think thats around what our offer was last year. Not sure if he signed for that much though