Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 274089 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1035 on: July 26, 2017, 06:55:40 AM »
Also kicking sideways isn't soft, it's timid. Not putting your body on the line when you need to is soft.

It is much easier to teach/instruct someone to be bold and kick long and direct than to give them bravery when it comes to self preservation.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1036 on: July 26, 2017, 09:04:06 AM »
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1037 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:17 AM »
BT, I think your blind disdain for Bellis is causing you to overstate his softness and understate the softness of opposition players.

Literally all clubs carry soft players if their other attributes offset their soft tendencies. I think this is the case with Bellis on this year's form (on last year's form I would have dropped him).

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1038 on: July 26, 2017, 12:54:17 PM »
He will kill us
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1039 on: July 26, 2017, 01:58:50 PM »
How to kill debate on Prestia.

Hijack the thread and talk about another player.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1040 on: July 26, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »
Bellis is having a good year. Pea-heart or not. He would get a game at every club in the league.
Sorry Willy I don't agree with that.
For a start, no way would he get a game for Sydney, Adelaide or Hawthorn... ever!
Those clubs have coaches that don't put up with soft, poo footballers. And regardless of how many sideways kicks he gets, that wouldn't change that.

The sooner we get a coach that doesn't put up with the Griggs, the Houlis or the Bellis', the better our club will be.
All 3 are frauds imo.

I can have any other player on our list but those 3 are the pits.
Do you think Billy Hartung is a good hard footballer? If he played for Richmond, you'd be the first to put a line through him and group him with Bellis and Houli. 100% sure of that.
What crap!
Hartung isn't the most skillful footballer but he has a crack. Do you think he is soft?
Try just giving us your opinions and I'll give mine. You telling me what I would do makes you look  arrogant. (And I cleaned that up)
Not my opinion but that of every hawk supporter I know. They say he is fast and can run but is afraid of body contact and since they watch him all the time, I'll take their word over yours for it.  Sorry.
Good for you.
Maybe watch a game yourself and make up your own mind. Now there's a thought.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1041 on: July 26, 2017, 05:39:33 PM »
Bellis is having a good year. Pea-heart or not. He would get a game at every club in the league.
For a start, no way would he get a game for Sydney, Adelaide or Hawthorn... ever!
Those clubs have coaches that don't put up with soft, poo footballers. And regardless of how many sideways kicks he gets, that wouldn't change that.

The sooner we get a coach that doesn't put up with the Griggs, the Houlis or the Bellis', the better our club will be.
All 3 are frauds imo.

Do you think Billy Hartung is a good hard footballer? If he played for Richmond, you'd be the first to put a line through him and group him with Bellis and Houli. 100% sure of that.
What crap!
Hartung isn't the most skillful footballer but he has a crack. Do you think he is soft?
Try just giving us your opinions and I'll give mine. You telling me what I would do makes you look  arrogant. (And I cleaned that up)
Not my opinion but that of every hawk supporter I know. They say he is fast and can run but is afraid of body contact and since they watch him all the time, I'll take their word over yours for it.  Sorry.
Good for you.
I do watch hawks games on TV and watch Hartung. They watch him live. Do you go and watch him live every week?

I doubt it.

That's why I back their view against yours. Maybe you're wrong. Can you admit that?

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1042 on: July 26, 2017, 05:56:05 PM »
Also kicking sideways isn't soft, it's timid. Not putting your body on the line when you need to is soft.

It is much easier to teach/instruct someone to be bold and kick long and direct than to give them bravery when it comes to self preservation.
The reason I don't like BEllis is because he is too scared to take the game on. Use whatever word you want.
He has done it from basically game one. He will never change.
He is also one of Dimma's favourites as we all saw last year when his form was even worse than usual.
Some people can see past the stats and see how he does more harm than good.

Even when he decides to tackle, he buries his head and goes down with the player being tackled with no care where the ball ends up. He thinks by going to ground in the tackle his job is done. The idea of a tackling is to get the ball back, not just so you can seem to have tackled.

He is a liability imo

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1043 on: July 26, 2017, 06:21:17 PM »
Its like Tony Greg vs Bill Lawry in the 90's
"Sliding doors moment.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1044 on: July 26, 2017, 07:26:44 PM »
Who is who? 😁

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1045 on: July 26, 2017, 09:12:46 PM »

All 3 are frauds imo.

What crap!
Good for you.
I do watch hawks games on TV and watch Hartung. They watch him live. Do you go and watch him live every week?

I doubt it.

That's why I back their view against yours. Maybe you're wrong. Can you admit that?
My brother barracks for the Hawks and my best mate played for them so yes I have a soft spot for them, and yes I do go and watch them sometimes. In fact Ive seen all 4 of their premierships live since 2008. So if there is any team other than Richmond I would know a bit about its Hawthorn.

Its hard having a conversation with you on a player from another club when your opinion isn't even your own.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #1046 on: July 26, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
Who is who? 😁

Who of you two has the biggest honker?
"Sliding doors moment.

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1047 on: July 26, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »
Who is who? 😁

Who of you two has the biggest honker?
Mine is regulation size...

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1048 on: July 26, 2017, 10:10:06 PM »
Ah Dion Prestia just another softie with limited skills.It amazes me no one talks about how often he pulls up short or out all together.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #1049 on: July 26, 2017, 11:33:28 PM »
Ah Dion Prestia just another softie with limited skills.It amazes me no one talks about how often he pulls up short or out all together.
I've seen it.
The club that keeps giving.