Author Topic: Shai Bolton [merged]  (Read 173536 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Pick 29. Shai Bolton
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2016, 09:24:07 AM »
didn't leave any impression on me that I recall. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2016, 09:53:46 PM »
Shai Bolton at RFC training:

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - NOVEMBER 28: New draftee Shai Bolton of the Tigers in action during the Richmond Tigers training session at Punt Road Oval in Melbourne, Australia on November 28, 2016. (Photo by Adam Trafford/AFL Media)
http://www.aflphotos.com.au/galleries/results/?q=collection:AFL%202016%20Training%20-%20Richmond%20281116&image_id=480221
That's one skinny kid. FMD

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2016, 10:12:09 PM »
yep.
the skinny little sword namer that dances around you and makes you wish you had a handful of rocks to throw at his back as he runs away from you with the ball
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
yep.
the skinny little sword namer that dances around you and makes you wish you had a handful of rocks to throw at his back as he runs away from you with the ball

:lol sounds like you have had some experience Al
His highlights didn't fill me with confidence in the quality of his kicking or decision making but he's quick and backs himself.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2016, 10:40:00 PM »
most people who have played footy would have experienced having one of those whippy little stuffs leave you flat footed.

you wanted to dump them into the dirt but you could never lay a hand on them

Sticky Fingers

« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2016, 10:41:19 PM »
He looks happy enough

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2016, 11:27:42 PM »
most people who have played footy would have experienced having one of those whippy little stuffs leave you flat footed.

Not me, who the stuff defends? Send everyone forward and attack attack attack!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2016, 12:06:27 AM »
5 years in the backline for Shai, just for the experts, learn the defensive side he must......apparently, great running off half back, all the clichés. He will never be allowed to cross the 50. That should suit the backline fanatics.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
speaking of sword namers
Lots of people name their swords......

FlashGordon

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2016, 09:22:02 AM »

yeah they were around in the suburban leagues and juniors too.  Not to fussed about his weight, Jeff Garlett MKII if he can stack on a couple of KGs of muscle. ;)

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2016, 01:01:11 PM »
lol at this pick not the kid himself.who knows he may go alright.

The only decent pick we have and we use it on a runt with enough weaknesses to be concerned about.
We could have picked up this type with much later picks or rookie picks./

14 smalls on the list we just used pick 15 on Rioli the yr before. Lloyd had a good yr and kicked 35 goals and we had another two genuine sml fwds  plus Edwards on the list sml fwd imo was no priority  and what do we do we take this kid with our only decent nd pick and we actually get a kid who shows just as much as this bloke with our only rookie pick. and fools try to defend it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2016, 01:07:49 PM »

The only decent pick we have and we use it on a runt with enough weaknesses to be concerned about.

14 smalls on the list we just used pick 15 on Rioli the yr before. Lloyd had a good yr and kicked 35 goals and we had another two genuine sml fwds  plus Edwards on the list sml fwd imo was no priority  and what do we do we take this kid with our only decent nd pick and we actually get a kid who shows just as much as this bloke with our only rookie pick. and fools try to defend it.
Who would you have picked at pick 29 claw?
We can then revisit this thread in 4 years and compare the two players progress.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: December 01, 2016, 01:28:04 PM »
5 years in the backline for Shai, just for the experts, learn the defensive side he must......apparently, great running off half back, all the clichés. He will never be allowed to cross the 50. That should suit the backline fanatics.
The knuckle dragging irony is,the only person that actually says this is you.

as an aside, what would you name your sword, if you were allowed near sharp objects?

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »

Who would you have picked at pick 29 claw?
We can then revisit this thread in 4 years and compare the two players progress.....
Harrison MaCreadie Gws acadamy player he went later in the draft at pick 47.There was two other KPDS  still there at this pick as well who went just after 29 who  i  would have gladly taken.
If your going to revisit then im going to say we should have had more late picks at least three how hard would it ave been to get say another pick in the 50s and two in the 6os.  and more rookie picks as well.Luke Ryan went very late oh for just one lousy pick in the 60s egh.

i would have taken  Lachlan Filipovic ruckman reckon he will be a beauty. Jake Barrott tough inside player who just cant get a game at gws.   simple fact is there  was plenty i would have been keen to see us give a game to with very late nd and rookie picks if only we had  had the balls to cut a bit deeper as should have been done

The player i most wanted in this draft was Will Brodie ironically he was still there at pick 6.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:35:21 PM by the claw »

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2016, 03:18:19 PM »
Let's face it, Claw would pee and moan irrespective of who we pick up.