Author Topic: Trade targets 2017  (Read 190517 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trade targets 2017
« Reply #225 on: June 06, 2017, 01:58:44 PM »
If North reckon they can afford both than I'm sure we could after we clear out the deadwood plus Yarran & Deledio's money on top of TPP increase...plus we'd probably front end Martin's contract & back end Kelly's..I'd give them one of this year's first rounder & next year's first ....that's what Collingwood paid for Treloar.....but he's far better than Treloar so I'd even chuck in a player like C.Ellis or even next year's second as well if they pushed the point...will be the best player in the comp. in two years and make us a genuine flag contender.... :shh
Hey, I like it. A Lot. But it means we go another year without addressing our KP problem. We surely give up all our drafting capacity for next year if we get Kelly. Rance and Astbury probably only have a few years left playing the way they are, and Jack desperately needs someone forward. Schache isn't the answer for next year, but I'm confident he'll come good at some stage. To finish, I'll contradict myself one last time by saying that we ARE a young team but all our A grade talent are in their primes (and possibly past it re: Jack), so recruiting for right now makes sense....from a certain point of view.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #226 on: June 06, 2017, 02:19:37 PM »
Well that's why we go get Trengove & X.Richards and draft McCartin or Sutherand if availaible.....then get someone like Tom Goodwin from Coburg...

Then we have (assuming Griffiths & Hamspud both retire - though I think the latter won't)

Trengove - genuine Swingman who can also ruck
Richards - genuine Swingman
McCartin KPF or Sutherland KPF/mid
Goodwin -ruck
Chol- ruck /fwd
Moore - KPD/Swingman
Soldo- ruck
Garthwaite - KPD/Swingman

Up forward they just need to be good enough to be a decent decoy for Jack and a marking target who can bring the ball to ground .that's better than Elton & Hamspud & more competative, less injury prone than Griffiths, which shouldn't be too hard.

I'd like to see us use Astbury forward more as well. We could do this with the addition of Trengove and/or Richards, we can also get a decent KPD late - Footscray & Essendon found good ones from the state leagues. Also if we gave GWS three picks or two picks & a player for Kelly, they might chuck in a fringe player in return. :shh

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:11:14 PM by Diocletian »
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2017, 05:49:33 AM »
Players I like:

Lever
Matthew Kennedy
Schacke
Hopper
Kelly

Would like one or two of those if possible.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Josh Schache re-signs with Brisbane for two more years (afl site)
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2017, 03:26:51 PM »
Schache off the market.

--------------------------------------------

Lions coup: Young star Schache signs new deal

Nathan Schmook 
afl.com.au
June 8, 2017 3:01 PM

THE BRISBANE Lions have secured young key forward Josh Schache for a further two seasons, blindsiding Melbourne rivals who had started to circle the talented No.2 draft pick.

Schache, who was out of contract at the end of this season, has signed on until the end of 2019, declaring he wanted to repay the faith the club had put in him as a teenager.

"Having been at the Lions for a couple of years and seeing where we are headed, I’m really excited about our future," Schache told the club's website.

"I enjoy living in Brisbane and playing footy with a committed and hard working group."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-08/lions-coup-josh-schache-signs-new-deal

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Josh Schache re-signs with Brisbane for two more years (afl site)
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »
The Lions are understood to have offered Schache, 19, a base contract of about $350,000, with incentives that would enable him to earn around the $500,000 mark if he played games and performed.

The contract offer was for a short-term of two or three years and was made prior to Schache returning home to Victoria — with the club’s blessing — during Brisbane’s bye last week.

It is understood that the Lions, at this stage, are not prepared to pay Schache the $600,000 or more that club great Jonathan Brown said would be necessary to secure the youngster.

Industry sources said the offer tabled by the Lions, while substantial for a player who is just 19 and who is a long way from maturity, is well short of what Schache would be expected to command from a Melbourne-based club if he left, given the market for key forwards.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/brisbane-makes-an-official-contract-offer-to-outofcontract-young-key-forward-josh-schache/news-story/1be11a37bb71361010bea50e33e7cfce

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #231 on: June 08, 2017, 03:37:44 PM »
Close thread - he has resigned with the Lions. 

Just goes to show no one in the media really has any idea what is going on.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #232 on: June 08, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
Good....now stop fartarsing about and go for Kelly....

- Gustav Mahler

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: June 08, 2017, 06:46:18 PM »
in a way good, still have two first rounders in the upcoming draft with a number of good talls by all reports

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #234 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
Redpath's also had three knee recos....
Dont have a problem with it  did two knees before he was 21 has not had a serious leg injury until rnd 18 last yr when he did another knee.
 He missed some  time with a broken wrist or arm i think.

The bloke is going at 2 goals a game over the last two seasons all be it only 12 games and thats the key, he aint getting a big go at it so far this yr and thus he may be cheap.

So far this yr hes played just two games and kicked 5 goals. i like the way he plays and providing we do due diligence regarding his knees and he comes at a decent cost then id be happy to take a punt on him.

Tom Barass is the one i would go hard at super mark and super strong in the air and a genuine kpp size but hes a wa lad and it would be hard to prize him away but atm he is in and out of their team.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #235 on: June 08, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »
Meh...think I'd even take Casboult before Redpath...reckon if we chuck enough at GWS for Kelly they might even chuck in Himmelburg as steak knives....:shh

in a way good, still have two first rounders in the upcoming draft with a number of good talls by all reports

http://footyprophet.com/class-of-2017-forwards/

Jarrod Brander sounds exciting.....wonder if Brisbane would swap both our firsts for their #1 pick? (presuming we don't go for Kelly) :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #236 on: June 08, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »
pipe dreams Dio. Look at the history we aint getting big names better to plan for the draft and address our needs with some solid short term fixes that dont cost the earth.
Csboult would be an option but he aint leaving Carlton besides i think Redpath the more talented player.either one  would ease a serious problem

Kelly looks a beaut player but hes just one player and the needs are many.
Would definately cost us our two first rounders and we already dont have a second rounder.
If we go hard for kelly it will mean we must find some shorter term solutions like Redpath or Casboult because we sure wont/  dont have the currency to go after A graders

Personally i would prefer we trade into a top 10 pick how we do that without giving up at least one of our first rounders  i have no idea but say pick 7 somehow and going by current ladder position picks 15 and 16 would be great.
plug a few holes with cheap trades and f/as and take a longer term view. It is probably where we are truly at anyway.

How do we get into our club a quality kpf, A quality kpd and a quality mid preferably a big tough inside one.it wont happen and thats what needs to happen.

On Gws i think the days of fire sales are over they have cut their numbers back and they now have to work on a similar salary cap basis as all clubs.Yep i think that boat has sailed and we missed it. If clubs want one of their players from here on in i reckon they will have to pay the price so no i dont think players like Himmelberg will become steak knives.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #237 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:07 PM »
Tiges into Tippett
Swans pay 50% of his salary

Ruanaidh

« Reply #238 on: June 08, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
So glad the Scache deal didn't happen. Get a mature back-up cheap and go after Kelly. If that fails we go for a young tall with one of our 1st round picks. Pick up a good mid with the other and parcel up remaining points to nab Naish.

Ruanaidh

« Reply #239 on: June 08, 2017, 10:19:12 PM »
Tiges into Tippett
Swans pay 50% of his salary
Straight swap for Miles.